August 28, 2014 | 884 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by skygirl777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing Painterly for years and love it! I also loved the LE Nubile but it is long gone. So I tried this and am really liking it to wear on its own with liner. Fresh, pretty and brightens your eye with a lovely sheen! :) Have not tried it with eye shadow yet....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Trixieclose

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I use this alot and I adore it. It's a sheer wash of champagne for the lids and looks amazing alone. With powder on top the bare study doesn't really do much but it prevents creasing on me. I've had mine over a year, use it every time I do my eye makeup and it still hasn't dried out and I'm not even close to being finished. I do my eye makeup at least 5 times a week, FYI. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought a second pot of Bare Study as I loved the first so much, originally I was going to buy Painterly but this looked so much prettier upon application. Unlike what many people say, I find that this product is not crease resistant (on my eyelids anyway). Worn underneath eyeshadows it literally creases within 30 minutes, however worn with a primer underneath such as Too Faced Shadow Insurance, this combination seems to make eyeshadows last almost all day and night. Overall it's a great product but I'd like to try Painterly next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try out this product, I have heard a lot of hype about MAC paint pots. I choose this color because I was looking for something I could use as a base or an eye highlighter for my inner corner or brow bone. When I swatched this on my hand it looked beautiful, shimmery and smooth. On my hand the texture was nice and buttery. When I went to put it on my lids I ran into trouble. First off I could really use a brush since it didn't pick up the product very well. I tried using my fingers but it didn't blend well on my lids at all. Maybe sine the skin on my lids is so thin I can't put enough pressure on them to evenly blend. Whatever the reason this product just looks horrible on my eyes, cakey and dry. I tried using this as a highlighter for the rest of my face, but it emphasized my pores like crazy. I am disappointed since it is such a pretty color but it is just sitting in makeup bag unused.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ErinisaCoolio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hmm I don't know about this it's nice but so expensive !! In Ireland it's 20 euro

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this thinking it would be basically the same as Painterly, just with a little bit of cute shimmer and different tone. I thought I could easily replace this with my beloved Painterly to use as an e/s base. I was wrong. The texture of Bare Study is completely different from Painterly. Whereas Painterly was virtually like a concealer (why I loved it), Bare Study's texture is very thin in comparison and creases on the lids. I am quite disappointed and will be exchanging it for another pot of my beloved Painterly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I actually bought this by mistake, I wanted to buy Painterly but forgot the name... but it actually turned out to be a happy accident! This is my first paint pot from MAC, it's a lovely champagne colour with a shimmery sheen, sometimes I wear it on it's own to brighten up my eyes but it works so well as an eye primer! I put a thin layer on my eyes, up to my crease and a little bit more above and it makes my eyeshadows brighter and keeps them in place all day. I have very oily eyelids, but this really works to lock my eyeshadow in place until I remove all my make up at night. When used on it's own there's no fading or creasing, I like to use a synthetic brush for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! I have oily lids, so I have to use a primer underneath, but that's not really an issue for me.

The colour is gorgeous to use on it's own as it is or I sometimes use it as a base for other shimmery shadows I'm wearing! Makes the colour really pop and just look better!

The texture is super smooth, almost buttery and goes on smoothly. I apply it with a synthetic brush, as natural hairs can get ruined by cream products.

Definitely going to re-purchase and also check out the rest of the colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Tkcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as an eye primer and it's Perfect! I've had this for almost a year with still Plenty of product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Been using this as an eyeshadow primer nearly everyday for over a year! Love it! Does just what it says it does, and intensifies colors. Will surely repurchase.