Tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful

4.7

Propylene glycol, water/aqua/eau, nonyl nonoxynol-150, glycerin, sodium stearate, laureth-23, parfum/fragrance, mica, citral, citronellol, linalool, stearic acid, PVP, tin oxide, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 40 (CI 16035), iron oxides (CI 77491), yellow 5 (CI 19140), red 33 (CI 17200).

I almost kicked myself for spending so much on a blush, but I'll be honest it was worth every penny. The good thing about this though is that it WILL LAST A VERY LONG TIME!! and.. a little goes a long way!! This was the first cheek stain I've ever tried and I love it. I won't use a powder again. This blush looks super natural and flattering, and I've used it on a few girls (lighter and darker than I am) so far just to see how it looked on them. You can even use the stain on your lips if you'd like some extra tinting on them. I also have sensitive skin and this hasn't irritated me at all. If you're curious, check out a beauty place that sells it and just give it a try first.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love Tarte's cheek stains! Blissful was the first one I tried and I love it. It's very flattering on my fair skin and looks so natural. The application takes some getting used to, but it's worth it when you figure it out. I was hesitant to try a non-powder blush on my oily skin, but it works great with my skin, doesn't break me out, and stays put all day, even on hot summer days.

It smells like real lemons, but not like the nauseating artificial lemon fragrance like in cleaning supplies. But the scent and slight sticky/tacky feeling go away in less than a minute of being applied.

Tarte Blissful is the most beautiful natural peachy pink cheek and lip stain.

I'm a very fair redhead NC15 (orange/strawberry blonde hair with many faint freckles) and this is the most flattering color I've ever tried. It looks warm, vibrant and youthfully glowy without looking like makeup. I'm a huge fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my first Tarte blush and I'm in love! I just started using blush in the past year and a half and am still really cautious when applying and wearing it. My fear is always applying too much. After reading the rave reviews about Tarte's gel blushes I decided to take the plunge and I can say I'm not disappointed at all! Easy to build up and can wear very little and still get a slight flush without looking like one was heavy handed. Also it sinks into the skin seamlessly which is amazing to me! I can't stop checking out my cheeks! lol! I got this in Blissful and it's the perfect natural looking pinky peach shade without, very thankfully for me, any real noticeable shimmer (it's in there if you look closely). The price for these gel blushes has always thrown me off but now that I've used this blush I understand the love and think the price is worth it. One 1 oz tube will easily last two years so little is needed. I love that this comes with a screw on cap so it doesn't dry out or allow the cap to pop off if dropped. This is a new HG for me and I will be adding more of these to my stash. I'd give this blush a ten if I could. Thanks Tarte!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my third tarte blush. Other two are blushing bride and tickled, love those too! This looked more opaque in the tube than those two, but it applies sheer. It takes a bit more product to show up, but it definitely does show up. This is a perfect color for me. I'm warm-toned, pale, on the yellow side but fairly neutral. This is peachy goodness. Very natural looking. I do love the color of blushing bride, but it definitely looks like I had blush on. This looks like I'm blushing. It has a lovely sheen like all the tarte blushes. Yes it costs $30, but I can't say it's too $$ because you get so much, a lifetime supply really. That said, I REALLY wish tarte blushes came in half size tubes for $15.

What a huge disappointment. I was interested in trying one of Tarte's cheek stains so I picked one up during Sephora's friends and family sale. This shade is exclusive to Sephora and limited edition. It's a pinky peach shade that's probably easy for most people to wear. This color on me looked so flat and dull. I have plenty of matte blushes that don't appear that way on me. In addition, this blush would fade on me within an hour or two. I was shocked to get into work in the morning and it looked like I didn't even have any blush on even though I had just applied it earlier that morning. I didn't want to have to apply powder blush on top just to increase staying power, as I think that defeats the purpose of the product. I give this two stars because I like the gel like texture and lemony scent. Other than that, this was a total fail. I returned it.

Love this. This is my go-to blush on those days where I don't want to fuss or think about what blush to wear.

I'm an NC20-25, for reference. I've got normal/combo skin. I'm acne-prone, especially when it comes to bad skin ingredients (i.e. alcohol). I don't break out using this, nor does this irritate my skin in any way. This colour looks like my natural flush without being nude - just that hint of colour to brighten up my skin. I don't like touching the product with fingers, and I wouldn't put the product directly to my face (foundation discolours it/bacteria can build up easier). I use a regular foundation brush to apply (actually, a holiday edition MAC 190).

The texture of this is a dry stain. It is warm peachy pink (true peachy-PINK, not coral pink - I thought it'd be more peachy based on description) with no shimmer. This applies sheerly, and you can build up the colour. I put a swipe on one cheek, blend, then swipe the other cheek, blend, etc. until I've built up the colour I like. I prefer my concentration of colour on the apples of the cheeks (as opposed to cheekbones) so I start my application there and blend out. The first time I used this I felt it looked blotchy throughout the day, but I attribute that to user error. You need to blend quickly and really get the application down to get an even distribution of product placed where you want it. I also use liquid foundation - this might end up more blotchy if using a powder foundation. I also only powder my skin in the t-zone area after using this blush, rather than before - that's if I use powder at all.

I really dislike an obvious blush look because it makes me self-conscious. With blush, I want something that could be natural. This definitely doesn't look obvious (although you can definitely build it up to look that way if you prefer). I actually swipe my brush across the product a couple times for each cheek, so that's how sheer/buildable/blendable the product is. I prefer a natural satin finish to my makeup, and this is perfect for that. It's versatile enough that it will work with a dewy finish without making you look oily (very nice if you add some highlighter on top of the cheekbones), or a matte look with a natural satin finish on the cheeks for added dimension. I prefer stain/cream blushes over powder products, for reference, as well. Once you get the trick to application down (quick blending before setting), you'll love this.

I said 'yes' to repurchase but I don't think I'll ever have to. The push tube is HUGE but this is expensive ($30 for 1oz). I have heard/read numerous reviews stating this stuff does not dry out, though, so that's an added bonus. I have a number of blushes, so I'd almost prefer a smaller size at a cheaper price. I will be trying many more of these since I loved this one so much. The finish is really spot on to what I'm looking for, and I think this is what makes it look so natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok this stuff rocks. It's the perfect peachy color and leaves a lovely dewy glow to my cheeks. It lasts ALL DAY and into the night. I find a flat top brush works best (thanks MUA). I wear this almost every day. The packaging is kind of weird. You have to push it up like those old push up ice cream thingies. You get so much product. Who knows maybe one day it'll run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for many months now and with my dry sensitive skin this product work wonders on my cheeks =) I like to put it after my mineral/powder make up so that the only thing that's dewy are my cheeks and not my whole face. This is considered one of my favourites because it's so versatile! I use it for my lips and it adds this subtle natural red glow to your lips that does not look thick. To have a lasting lip colour, I usually combine this with other lipsticks (peachy red hue) and this red tint gives it that perfect finish. Although, its a bit pricey, I have only used about a centimeter of this product and I have been using this for months! SUCH a great investment, and I feel like this will last forever.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Great cheek stain! A beautiful peachy-red flush...I don't find it too hard to blend and it smells amazing. It stays on pretty well. I will definitely stay loyal to Tarte when it comes to their cheek products.