October 30, 2014 | 1756 users online

Blush - Tarte - Cheek Stain in Blissful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by staci01

This is my first Tarte blush and I'm in love! I just started using blush in the past year and a half and am still really cautious when applying and wearing it. My fear is always applying too much. After reading the rave reviews about Tarte's gel blushes I decided to take the plunge and I can say I'm not disappointed at all! Easy to build up and can wear very little and still get a slight flush without looking like one was heavy handed. Also it sinks into the skin seamlessly which is amazing to me! I can't stop checking out my cheeks! lol! I got this in Blissful and it's the perfect natural looking pinky peach shade without, very thankfully for me, any real noticeable shimmer (it's in there if you look closely). The price for these gel blushes has always thrown me off but now that I've used this blush I understand the love and think the price is worth it. One 1 oz tube will easily last two years so little is needed. I love that this comes with a screw on cap so it doesn't dry out or allow the cap to pop off if dropped. This is a new HG for me and I will be adding more of these to my stash. I'd give this blush a ten if I could. Thanks Tarte!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my third tarte blush. Other two are blushing bride and tickled, love those too! This looked more opaque in the tube than those two, but it applies sheer. It takes a bit more product to show up, but it definitely does show up. This is a perfect color for me. I'm warm-toned, pale, on the yellow side but fairly neutral. This is peachy goodness. Very natural looking. I do love the color of blushing bride, but it definitely looks like I had blush on. This looks like I'm blushing. It has a lovely sheen like all the tarte blushes. Yes it costs $30, but I can't say it's too $$ because you get so much, a lifetime supply really. That said, I REALLY wish tarte blushes came in half size tubes for $15.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

What a huge disappointment. I was interested in trying one of Tarte's cheek stains so I picked one up during Sephora's friends and family sale. This shade is exclusive to Sephora and limited edition. It's a pinky peach shade that's probably easy for most people to wear. This color on me looked so flat and dull. I have plenty of matte blushes that don't appear that way on me. In addition, this blush would fade on me within an hour or two. I was shocked to get into work in the morning and it looked like I didn't even have any blush on even though I had just applied it earlier that morning. I didn't want to have to apply powder blush on top just to increase staying power, as I think that defeats the purpose of the product. I give this two stars because I like the gel like texture and lemony scent. Other than that, this was a total fail. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. This is my go-to blush on those days where I don't want to fuss or think about what blush to wear.

I'm an NC20-25, for reference. I've got normal/combo skin. I'm acne-prone, especially when it comes to bad skin ingredients (i.e. alcohol). I don't break out using this, nor does this irritate my skin in any way. This colour looks like my natural flush without being nude - just that hint of colour to brighten up my skin. I don't like touching the product with fingers, and I wouldn't put the product directly to my face (foundation discolours it/bacteria can build up easier). I use a regular foundation brush to apply (actually, a holiday edition MAC 190).

The texture of this is a dry stain. It is warm peachy pink (true peachy-PINK, not coral pink - I thought it'd be more peachy based on description) with no shimmer. This applies sheerly, and you can build up the colour. I put a swipe on one cheek, blend, then swipe the other cheek, blend, etc. until I've built up the colour I like. I prefer my concentration of colour on the apples of the cheeks (as opposed to cheekbones) so I start my application there and blend out. The first time I used this I felt it looked blotchy throughout the day, but I attribute that to user error. You need to blend quickly and really get the application down to get an even distribution of product placed where you want it. I also use liquid foundation - this might end up more blotchy if using a powder foundation. I also only powder my skin in the t-zone area after using this blush, rather than before - that's if I use powder at all.

I really dislike an obvious blush look because it makes me self-conscious. With blush, I want something that could be natural. This definitely doesn't look obvious (although you can definitely build it up to look that way if you prefer). I actually swipe my brush across the product a couple times for each cheek, so that's how sheer/buildable/blendable the product is. I prefer a natural satin finish to my makeup, and this is perfect for that. It's versatile enough that it will work with a dewy finish without making you look oily (very nice if you add some highlighter on top of the cheekbones), or a matte look with a natural satin finish on the cheeks for added dimension. I prefer stain/cream blushes over powder products, for reference, as well. Once you get the trick to application down (quick blending before setting), you'll love this.

I said 'yes' to repurchase but I don't think I'll ever have to. The push tube is HUGE but this is expensive ($30 for 1oz). I have heard/read numerous reviews stating this stuff does not dry out, though, so that's an added bonus. I have a number of blushes, so I'd almost prefer a smaller size at a cheaper price. I will be trying many more of these since I loved this one so much. The finish is really spot on to what I'm looking for, and I think this is what makes it look so natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok this stuff rocks. It's the perfect peachy color and leaves a lovely dewy glow to my cheeks. It lasts ALL DAY and into the night. I find a flat top brush works best (thanks MUA). I wear this almost every day. The packaging is kind of weird. You have to push it up like those old push up ice cream thingies. You get so much product. Who knows maybe one day it'll run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by princesstmk30

I have been using this product for many months now and with my dry sensitive skin this product work wonders on my cheeks =) I like to put it after my mineral/powder make up so that the only thing that's dewy are my cheeks and not my whole face. This is considered one of my favourites because it's so versatile! I use it for my lips and it adds this subtle natural red glow to your lips that does not look thick. To have a lasting lip colour, I usually combine this with other lipsticks (peachy red hue) and this red tint gives it that perfect finish. Although, its a bit pricey, I have only used about a centimeter of this product and I have been using this for months! SUCH a great investment, and I feel like this will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Great cheek stain! A beautiful peachy-red flush...I don't find it too hard to blend and it smells amazing. It stays on pretty well. I will definitely stay loyal to Tarte when it comes to their cheek products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tarte is a hit or miss company for me and my shopping experiences with them directly always end up frustrating, especially during a sale, but they do have a few products that are well worth the aggravation of mystery shipping dates or constantly being out of stock. Their cheek stains are in my opinion the best out there and Blissful was a pleasant surprise for me. Initially I thought it was a little out of my comfort zone color wise but I agree with other posters that this would look great on anyone. It has just the right balance of peach and pink to work with any skin tone and looks completely natural. This is the first cheek stain that I love on my lips as much as I do my cheeks. I like that this is in the glycerin formula and not the creamier texture that they carry like the Ten limited edition shade. That dried out a bit after a while and became difficult (though not impossible) to work with while these last just about forever and are easier to blend. Like all of their products these are expensive but you should easily get a years worth out of one tube. Longer if you use different blushes like I do. Wait for a 30% off sale for a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dcausey

I love this product! All of these shades look scary in the tube, but on the skin they look so natural. This color works especially well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by xoxoarcade

After travelling with this carefully packed in my suitcase, one side developed an enormous crack down the length of the container, excluding the lid. I find the blush has dried out much more as a result. For USD 32.00, I'd prefer a stronger container, as this blush could easily leak.
This product will last a long time in the bottle as I only need apply very little.
It is, however, kind of difficult to get a natural blush streak with this.
I still like its fragrance and the method of application is still so novel, that I am able to overlook the shortcomings discussed above. May try a redder version in the future.