The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

on 3/11/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm about to make my second purchase and since I have never made a conscious attempt to repurchase the same toner before, this alone shows how great this product is.

It's very gentle and does a great job at soothing my sensitive skin. Although I generally use it in conjunction with my Burt's Bees purifying cel cleanser and The Body Shop's calming aloe cleanser, I have used it alone and do believe it to be a decent cleansing agent by itself. Despite this, I would not recommend using it by itself on a daily basis as I do not believe any toner can successfully remove all traces of makeup, dirt and oil. The ingredient list is minimal and lacks fragrance which is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with dry, sensitive skin.

on 12/22/2010 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Simple toner and gentle on the skin, however lacks sufficient moisturizing ingredients.

on 12/22/2010 12:12:00 AM

Super basic, very gentle toner. Maybe not even a toner; more of a "freshening water". I don't really have any complaints about it, but it's nothing spectacular either. Its best feature is its very short ingredients list. I can use this during even the harshest bout of hypersensitivity or nastiest contact dermatitis flare-up. Unless you're allergic to aloe vera, this product probably shouldn't give you any problems.

on 11/17/2010 12:29:00 AM

I really like this product. It got a good rating on the Cosmetics Database so I deiced to try it. I have dry/sensitive skin and I find this product does not break my face out. If you are looking for a cleanser that gives you a tingly feeling afterward (like Clean and Clear) than this is not for you. It has a calming affect and does not dry my face out like most toners. After cleansing my face I use this toner and it effectively removes my makeup. I would repurchase this toner again. Great product!

on 11/10/2010 2:52:00 PM

At first it didn't look like it did anything. Then it broke me out. I switched to another toner and I can see the difference; I saw dirt on the cotton ball after using the new toner compared to using the aloe toner, the cotton ball was always clean. I should of known there was something wrong, I know my face isn't that clean.

on 9/8/2010 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Great purchase for once! The toner has a very simple formulation, but that usually pays off with my sensitive problem skin. I mostly use it in the evenings to finish my cleansing routine. The toner contains a few pretty good humectants and leaves my skin feeling very comfortable. The bottle is very convenient to use; no twist-off cap. Plus, I think the packaging is very fresh looking.

on 7/2/2010 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

In my opinion, this is a wonderful product. I have nice normal skin as a result of treatment with accutane. I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin exactly but I prefer gentle face products. This toner simply removes makeup traces after I cleanse with Cetaphil and leaves my skin feeling calmed and clean. But if you're one of those people who likes to feel tingling and burning after toners and cleansers (which I hate), this product is not for you. I will continue to buy this product and will be trying the cream cleanser from the line when i run out of Cetaphil.

on 6/23/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really loving this toner! I bought it after I noticed white flakes being deposited onto my face from my previous toner (from La Biosthetique). I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to buying toners because many of them contain alcohol which burns my sensitive skin. This, however, is great. I love the fact that it's fragrance free (fragrances also irritate my sensitive skin) and aloe vera has always been very good to my skin. This toner leaves my skin feel soothed and it has a slight cooling sensation on my skin. It's very gentle yet it still works wonders. I will definitely purchase this again and I may even purchase other items from the Body Shop's Aloe line.

on 5/17/2010 6:41:00 PM

Fragrance free Aloe toner just sounds like a winner...

It's amazing on dry skin, and it feels so good after you've removed your makeup or if your skin is feeling a little irritated. It's very cooling, with no smell or colour, and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky or over-conditioned afterwards. It's especially nice around the eye area either first thing in the morning or last thing at night, and because there are absolutely no added chemicals, colours or fragrances, it doesn't hurt at all if you accidentally get it in your eye or on broken skin - believe me, I've done the former many times !

Although it doesn't last as long as other Body Shop products [creams, butters etc] due to it's watery/runny consistency, it's cheap to buy and still lasts a long time. I first bought this product in 2008 & have never used any other toner since - I really noticed the difference in my skin after using it once I'd removed my makeup/cleansed etc, highly recommend !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the fact it is fragrance free and has aloe... I use about 5 different items from this Aloe line... So far i really like it! I have normal skin and i do not like harsh cleansers, I also use the Cleanser. However i do get every now and then a bad spell of a few pimps... then i will use my Tea Tree Wash & Toner...

Top Rated The Body Shop Products