November 25, 2014 | 1856 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by feelinblushed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It got a good rating on the Cosmetics Database so I deiced to try it. I have dry/sensitive skin and I find this product does not break my face out. If you are looking for a cleanser that gives you a tingly feeling afterward (like Clean and Clear) than this is not for you. It has a calming affect and does not dry my face out like most toners. After cleansing my face I use this toner and it effectively removes my makeup. I would repurchase this toner again. Great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

At first it didn't look like it did anything. Then it broke me out. I switched to another toner and I can see the difference; I saw dirt on the cotton ball after using the new toner compared to using the aloe toner, the cotton ball was always clean. I should of known there was something wrong, I know my face isn't that clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great purchase for once! The toner has a very simple formulation, but that usually pays off with my sensitive problem skin. I mostly use it in the evenings to finish my cleansing routine. The toner contains a few pretty good humectants and leaves my skin feeling very comfortable. The bottle is very convenient to use; no twist-off cap. Plus, I think the packaging is very fresh looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is a wonderful product. I have nice normal skin as a result of treatment with accutane. I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin exactly but I prefer gentle face products. This toner simply removes makeup traces after I cleanse with Cetaphil and leaves my skin feeling calmed and clean. But if you're one of those people who likes to feel tingling and burning after toners and cleansers (which I hate), this product is not for you. I will continue to buy this product and will be trying the cream cleanser from the line when i run out of Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by canadienne91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm really loving this toner! I bought it after I noticed white flakes being deposited onto my face from my previous toner (from La Biosthetique). I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to buying toners because many of them contain alcohol which burns my sensitive skin. This, however, is great. I love the fact that it's fragrance free (fragrances also irritate my sensitive skin) and aloe vera has always been very good to my skin. This toner leaves my skin feel soothed and it has a slight cooling sensation on my skin. It's very gentle yet it still works wonders. I will definitely purchase this again and I may even purchase other items from the Body Shop's Aloe line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fragrance free Aloe toner just sounds like a winner...

It's amazing on dry skin, and it feels so good after you've removed your makeup or if your skin is feeling a little irritated. It's very cooling, with no smell or colour, and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky or over-conditioned afterwards. It's especially nice around the eye area either first thing in the morning or last thing at night, and because there are absolutely no added chemicals, colours or fragrances, it doesn't hurt at all if you accidentally get it in your eye or on broken skin - believe me, I've done the former many times !

Although it doesn't last as long as other Body Shop products [creams, butters etc] due to it's watery/runny consistency, it's cheap to buy and still lasts a long time. I first bought this product in 2008 & have never used any other toner since - I really noticed the difference in my skin after using it once I'd removed my makeup/cleansed etc, highly recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the fact it is fragrance free and has aloe... I use about 5 different items from this Aloe line... So far i really like it! I have normal skin and i do not like harsh cleansers, I also use the Cleanser. However i do get every now and then a bad spell of a few pimps... then i will use my Tea Tree Wash & Toner...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the Aloe cleanser along with the toner. They are both great products. The toner is gentle, unscented, can be used around the eye area, leaves skin supple, refreshed and feeling clean. At $11, it is pretty affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I love this toner! It has mostly natural ingredients. My skin feels soothed immediately after using this. I use it together with the TBS Aloe cream cleanser and they work well for me. I never had breakouts from it!

Reading the previous review made me laugh! Even the other day after using this toner my face was shining like a mirror ball!!! My husband was in shock LOL. It is not an oily kind of shine though. Its has a grazed look about it. I am sure all it is - is the consistency of aloe juice which this toner mainly consists of. If you ever cut up an aloe leaf and applied directly to face it is exactly the same glaze effect you get because of the jelly consistency of aloe juice inside! So it will never prevent me from buying this product. Just apply moisturizer and makeup on top and you will actually get radiance shining through...

I recommend this product for sensitive skin. It helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MizMestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a horrible reaction to this product. I broke out in zits and pimples on my forehead. I mean I don't usually get zits but wow! Moreover, it made my forehead so shiny that it looked wet and soaked with oil. This stuff is horrible! Please be careful when you use this if you decided to purchase.