The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Im surprised this broke me out after ONE USE. I have clogged pores al over my face. This had so few ingredients... Im... surprised. Another 12 dollars down the drain. I hate that. AGH!!!!!!!

I have sensitive skin and this product didn't give me any skin irritations (like rashes, itchy bumps). My skin is extremely prone to rash type, itchy conditions....YIKES! This toner has no particular strong scent and it's a really simple product in my opinion. It helped balance my skin after washing and isn't drying at all. As long as it cleans my face well, doesn't irritate my skin and isn't drying then it's thumbs up for me. I'm on my third bottle already :)))

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is very natural and light. BUT it does the trick. The formula has a cooling effect and it feels like it is deep cleansing your skin. I use it every night before I go to bed to make my skin smoother and even. I also use it in the mornings if I want to refresh myself. I would highly recommend this to people with sensitive skin. One of the main pros is that this toner DOESN'T dry out your skin like most toners.
Cheers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure how something with such few ingredients could break me out, but it did. This gave me a very slight itch on my cheeks only. It lifted a small amount of dirt off my face but not as much as other toners. I did like the way my face looked after application: redness seemed to be reduced and skin tone more even. Therefore I was surprised to find out that this was breaking me out into cysts on my cheeks. :(

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is very soothing and feels great on your skin. I agree with someone else when they said it was alittle too simple for their skin. It didnt do much for my skin at all. I need something a little more powerful, my skin isnt fazed by much. But if you are in a dry climate or maybe your cleanser is stripping your face this is a great toner. I refuse to put anything with alcohol on my face so this is awesome. Good ingredients.

First of all I'd like to say that I love the short ingredient list of this product. Very simple

But then, I find this toner to be almost too simple for my skin's needs. I started using this as a toner daily but nowadays I only reach for it when I want to remove any facial masks I use (Simple deep cleansing mask/Nuxe masque frais hydratant)

It doesn't aggravate skin, at least not mine, and it feels nice on my skin.

I would have given this a 4 if it hadn't been so expensive for the few benefits it has on my skin: no alcohol, short ingredient list, removes traces of facial masks.

I was looking for a simple toner which wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin, and this one caught my eye for its super-short ingredient list. Unfortunately, after a few days, it made me break out pretty badly. I carried out using it anyways, thinking the culprit might be something else - but the pimples wouldn;t go away. Eventually I stopped using it, and my skin cleared withing a couple of days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm about to make my second purchase and since I have never made a conscious attempt to repurchase the same toner before, this alone shows how great this product is.

It's very gentle and does a great job at soothing my sensitive skin. Although I generally use it in conjunction with my Burt's Bees purifying cel cleanser and The Body Shop's calming aloe cleanser, I have used it alone and do believe it to be a decent cleansing agent by itself. Despite this, I would not recommend using it by itself on a daily basis as I do not believe any toner can successfully remove all traces of makeup, dirt and oil. The ingredient list is minimal and lacks fragrance which is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with dry, sensitive skin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Simple toner and gentle on the skin, however lacks sufficient moisturizing ingredients.

Super basic, very gentle toner. Maybe not even a toner; more of a "freshening water". I don't really have any complaints about it, but it's nothing spectacular either. Its best feature is its very short ingredients list. I can use this during even the harshest bout of hypersensitivity or nastiest contact dermatitis flare-up. Unless you're allergic to aloe vera, this product probably shouldn't give you any problems.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products