The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

on 2/14/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure how something with such few ingredients could break me out, but it did. This gave me a very slight itch on my cheeks only. It lifted a small amount of dirt off my face but not as much as other toners. I did like the way my face looked after application: redness seemed to be reduced and skin tone more even. Therefore I was surprised to find out that this was breaking me out into cysts on my cheeks. :(

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin.

on 10/25/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is very soothing and feels great on your skin. I agree with someone else when they said it was alittle too simple for their skin. It didnt do much for my skin at all. I need something a little more powerful, my skin isnt fazed by much. But if you are in a dry climate or maybe your cleanser is stripping your face this is a great toner. I refuse to put anything with alcohol on my face so this is awesome. Good ingredients.

on 9/23/2011 9:31:00 AM

First of all I'd like to say that I love the short ingredient list of this product. Very simple

But then, I find this toner to be almost too simple for my skin's needs. I started using this as a toner daily but nowadays I only reach for it when I want to remove any facial masks I use (Simple deep cleansing mask/Nuxe masque frais hydratant)

It doesn't aggravate skin, at least not mine, and it feels nice on my skin.

I would have given this a 4 if it hadn't been so expensive for the few benefits it has on my skin: no alcohol, short ingredient list, removes traces of facial masks.

on 8/17/2011 9:03:00 AM

I was looking for a simple toner which wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin, and this one caught my eye for its super-short ingredient list. Unfortunately, after a few days, it made me break out pretty badly. I carried out using it anyways, thinking the culprit might be something else - but the pimples wouldn;t go away. Eventually I stopped using it, and my skin cleared withing a couple of days.

on 3/11/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm about to make my second purchase and since I have never made a conscious attempt to repurchase the same toner before, this alone shows how great this product is.

It's very gentle and does a great job at soothing my sensitive skin. Although I generally use it in conjunction with my Burt's Bees purifying cel cleanser and The Body Shop's calming aloe cleanser, I have used it alone and do believe it to be a decent cleansing agent by itself. Despite this, I would not recommend using it by itself on a daily basis as I do not believe any toner can successfully remove all traces of makeup, dirt and oil. The ingredient list is minimal and lacks fragrance which is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with dry, sensitive skin.

on 12/22/2010 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Simple toner and gentle on the skin, however lacks sufficient moisturizing ingredients.

on 12/22/2010 12:12:00 AM

Super basic, very gentle toner. Maybe not even a toner; more of a "freshening water". I don't really have any complaints about it, but it's nothing spectacular either. Its best feature is its very short ingredients list. I can use this during even the harshest bout of hypersensitivity or nastiest contact dermatitis flare-up. Unless you're allergic to aloe vera, this product probably shouldn't give you any problems.

on 11/17/2010 12:29:00 AM

I really like this product. It got a good rating on the Cosmetics Database so I deiced to try it. I have dry/sensitive skin and I find this product does not break my face out. If you are looking for a cleanser that gives you a tingly feeling afterward (like Clean and Clear) than this is not for you. It has a calming affect and does not dry my face out like most toners. After cleansing my face I use this toner and it effectively removes my makeup. I would repurchase this toner again. Great product!

on 11/10/2010 2:52:00 PM

At first it didn't look like it did anything. Then it broke me out. I switched to another toner and I can see the difference; I saw dirt on the cotton ball after using the new toner compared to using the aloe toner, the cotton ball was always clean. I should of known there was something wrong, I know my face isn't that clean.

on 9/8/2010 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Great purchase for once! The toner has a very simple formulation, but that usually pays off with my sensitive problem skin. I mostly use it in the evenings to finish my cleansing routine. The toner contains a few pretty good humectants and leaves my skin feeling very comfortable. The bottle is very convenient to use; no twist-off cap. Plus, I think the packaging is very fresh looking.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products