October 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lips - Laura Mercier - Lip Stain in Shy Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have said no I wouldn't buy this again - the reason being you get such a LOT of product in this pot and I can't imagine ever running out before a better product comes along.

This is a matte colour for the lips and it cost me 16 which I consider fairly expensive. I use this for everyday wear and I think it's great although I do wish that the staying power was a bit better considering it's supposed to be a "stain", it's more like a lip colour in a pot to be honest, i always though that stains didn't leave a layer on the lips but these do.

Shy Pink is a pinkish brown with a hint of mauve and it looks very natural on my lips. I wish that they didn't enhance dryness quite as much as they do but a bit of balm solves that problem fine. It's great to carry around in my bag with me and I don't get the slippy slimey feeling that I do with a lot of other lip products so I'm happy!

EDIT: I just never reach for this anymore. I find the colour to be way to bland on my lips and way to drying. it's more like a matte lipstick than a stain to be honest. Up for swap it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perhaps this wasn't the best colour to choose when testing out the long wearing ability of LM lip stains. It a subtle pink/brown very close to the colour of my own lips, when first applied I even detect the tiniest shimmer of mauve - this disappears completely when it settles in.
Traces of the lip stain are long wearing but it doesn't remain true to colour. I find that after a few hours of wear it is really only an extremely subtle shade that remains - one that hinges more on nude brown than it does on pink.
I won't be repurchasing this particular colour again, but I would definitely like to try some of the darker shades in the range to see how they wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by zsagirl

shy pink is more of a nude with pink undertones, it has no shimmer, its creamy and stays long on ur lips even after a cup of coffee. although the price for this pot is steep $19 i think its stil economical considering that its stays long and the pot is reasonable in size. i layer this with lip balm or gloss and it looks so awesome. this is the only pot i use everyday, from morning to evening. would buy again if i ran ouut. but this will take long. a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this matches my lip color almost exactly, which makes it the perfect pink/nude for me. it gives my lips some polish and shine and a bit of color without any effort. lasts a few hours too, longer than the majority of the lipsticks i own. i give it huge points for not drying out my lips. it doesn't settle into the edges or wear off from the inside out (leaving a hideous ring around the lips effect). it's silky and light and feels gently moisturizing, like a lipstick. i can wear this color with anything too, which is great for when i'm in a hurry. i am so obsessed with these i bought one in Sugar Violet and Scarlet too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Strawberri

I purchased this lipstain in a hurry, i read the reveiws and thought i'd get mulberry or shy pink thinking i couldn't go wrong. both made me look very very mature. even putting on a little bit and patting it down.. i think it's the deeper brown tones (because i can wear light brown tones), i look like i've actually 'been through' the whole 80's dark-brown-lipstick-era and never grew out of it when i'm only 20. (i was very young then)
Well, it also made my lips so uncomfortable- they felt dry and tight until i purse my lips together- then they'd feel normal- but i'd take a look in the mirror and my lips would look very dry.
I've never had this happen, lip products usually go along great with me. I got this at holt renfrew (canada) i hope they will be kind enough to let me exchange this for scarlet- i think it could look nice if i used a tiny tiny bit and patted it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I stumbled upon this at Sephora, and I knew it must have been fairly new as I'd never seen it before. I adore lip stains and so the fact that these came in a few different colors really attracted me. I honestly must've spent 15 minutes trying them all and deciding which one to buy - it was so difficult and half of the 6 or so they had out looked great. I ended up choosing this one as it had such a great color - its like a neutral light mauve pink with a peachy shimmer. The color looks great on me - and its perfect for what I want it for. I love normal reddish lip stains but those can be tricky to apply on the go as you need a mirror and everything to make sure they dont go on heavy or clownish but this one is great because I can use it everywhere and anywhere to give my lips some color that is flattering but no matter how much I use will not become too dark and overpowering. I will definitely be buying a few of the other colors as I've fallen in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best thing about this new product from LM is the colour. It's a gorgeous pink-nude which is pretty close to my HG nude lippy Half n Half by Mac but with just a touch more pink. The finish is in between matt and lustre which gives a nice polished looked to your lips if you apply with a brush,which you have to really as this comes in a pot! And as it's a stain the colour is longlasting although it gets more matt looking as the day goes on!. However the downside is it makes my lips feel really dry and that drives me crazy! Maybe i need to put a lip primer on first and i might try that,and update later, but i think i'll stick to my Mac which is non drying and lasts all day. UPDATE Sept 07- I think i've finally got the hang of it! I now apply it with my fingers and dab it onto my lips, they dont feel so dry then, although i think your lips need to be in pretty good condition anyway to wear this. I'm really tempted to try this out in Mulberry,as the reviews are really good. One reviewer says the colour makes her look like a Hot French Woman!! Cant wait to try that out!! I'm adding a lippy to this review.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by toofaced

This color is described as a delicate pink-brown on Laura's website. To me it is a neutral pink with a hint of shimmer. It goes on with a semi matte finish, and the website says to apply this by patting it into your lips with your fingertip. It only lasted about 3 or 4 hours on me though, so I wouldn't really classify this as a stain, but more a long last semi matte lipstick in a pot. It is pretty drying as well. I wrote a more detailed description for this stain in mocha if you wanna check it out for referance, as I feel the same about this color. All in all, not worth $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2007 9:31:00 AM More reviews by love1204

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great, neutral color! The shimmer definitely shows up on me. I bought it yesterday, they were just putting it out in my local Sephora. It wasn't even on the kiosk yet. Anyway, it lasted the whole day and night. It's a very "your lips, only better" color. I had on workout clothes and it didn't look to fancy. Yet, I could totally see me wearing it dressed up with smokey eyes.
Later in the day, I layered my Chanel Stellar gloss over it (what was left on my lips) and it looked fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Natural pink, sort of like a blend of equal parts nude and warm-toned dusty pink; not bright, not browned, not cool toned. Shy Pink is very close to my natural lipcolor, so it evens out the tone/color of my lips (I'm AAB/NC25). Wears all day while looking like a sheer tint. It may be hard to tell how well this stains, unless it differs noticeably from your natural lipcolor. Upon initial application the finish is like satin with moderate coverage; after eating, the finish wears off and the color remaining is sheer - though with this shade such a close match to my own lips, it is hard to tell. Texture of the Lip Stain is a like lipstick: firm, smooth, slightly moist, and not sticky. It's not noticeably moisturizing but I have eternally peeling lips and this does not dry out my lips.

Comparisons - Similar shade to BB Pot Rouge in Powder Pink but Shy Pink is a little bit brighter; Powder Pink has a touch more nude color in it. Texture-wise, it is not as glossy as BB Pot Rouges or standard lipglosses.

Packaging - Wide round glass pot with shimmery brown LM screw-top lid. About the same size as BeneFit Creaseless Creams.

Overall - I love the Lip Stains in general and this particular shade is perfect for a polished, natural look for me. continued >>