July 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I think I would try out different paint pots though. I throw this on as a quick makeup fix when i'm running out the door. It's a nice burnt brown/golden color and looks really natural. I can use it as a base and also turn it into something more dramatic. If I were travelling, I think I would bring paint pots along just cause of the ease of usage. I'm just not a fan of the pots, I mean I like the glass packaging because it looks fancy .... but it's a bit bulky. I'd rather it came in a tube really. (seems more sanitary then dipping your finger in)

This does crease on me, but I do have oily skin. I can live without, but it's a nice product. Nice smooth texture and daily usage for a couple months has only put a little dent.

** I hear that these things dry out (even with a tight lid)...I've had mine for half a year now and it's okay still.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Indianwood is a very warm bronze color, almost metallic looking in the pot. I've owned this for a few years and I literally remember using it maybe 5x. I thought I really liked it but after using it this morning, I'm just not sure it's for me. It pulled way too orange and right now I'm in between NC20 & NC25. I used the left bronze side of my Nars Kalahari duo on top and added brown liner & black mascara and it looked nice but it's a little too warm for my liking. I remember specifically wearing this the summer before last with the same eye look and it didn't look orange, it was a nice bronze shade. I am thinking it just doesn't work for me when I'm this pale, maybe in the summer I'll bring it back out. I really love paint pots, I use one everyday. They are so creamy and easy to apply with no creasing and for me I have had no issues with any drying out but as of right now, I'm sure I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MissLegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This products is Meh.
I bought this thinking it was going to be brown goldy color. Which it sort of is. This product came off more as a bronzy orange. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty colour. Just in the pot. I personally think that MAC isn't all that. I think MAC is an over-hyped brand.

PROS:
-Smooth. It glides smoothly onto your skin.
-It's buildable

CONS:
-It comes off as an orange colour. (However, it will really make green eyes pop! Just not my colour!!!!!)
-It settles into your skins natural crease.

My advice, if you want to buy a paint pot from mac, Don't. But, if you have your heart set on them, Get either Soft Ochre or Painterly. If you want a little bit of a shimmer on your lids, get Bare Study.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Great product! Soft shimmery undertones and it makes a great primer. Its so versatile. I use this across my lids, then smoke it out with Black Tied from MAC or Machine from Illamasqua at the corners. So easy to get a smokey look with it. Also use it as a primer then apply Amber Lights MAC over it and get a really sparkly, shimmery look. Gives warmer hues to greens and lasts all day! Looks amazing with Greensmoke and Humid from MAC. Totally swear by this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this! :) Swatched it on my arm...its like a cross between Half-Baked and Smog from the UD Naked Palette. Its a bronze eyeshadow base which makes all the other eyeshadows i own escalate to a new bronze-goddess dimension! When the light hits it, its a shiny bronze...when in a shadow it looks lyk a matte brown...just gorgeous! U can wear this on its own too, to make for a lovely bold gold look! I would repurchase if they toned it down even more but that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loooveeee it!!! This is what I thought Constructivist would be. This PP warms up my face and looks absolutely gorgeous on my eyelids. On me it look like an orangy gold and I can't express how much I like it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LAMBaholic

Indianwood is a gorgeous antique gold/bronze colour, it's really warm with yellow and orange undertones The finish is a shimmery metallic that blends really nicely onto the lids, but once it's set, it stays all day. It doesn't smudge at all and has very minimal creasing, if any. I like to wear this colour on it's own, as it's very pigmented, or with a slightly darker colour just in the crease. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this so I could have an eye product to apply quickly for those need-to-be-ready-in-five-minutes days. I'll just list the pros and cons:

Pros:
#1: For reference, I'm approximately an NC45. On my East Indian skin it kind of camouflages and shows up as a very subtle gold with a light sheen. Perfect for a very natural look day.
#2: When used under warm-toned powder eyeshadows, it gives a luminous effect to the shades. I sometimes use this similarly to how fairer-skinned girls (and guys!) would use the shade Painterly.
#3: It's easy to just slap some on with your fingers when you have no time to do your makeup, or just don't feel like it but don't want to look too tired.

Cons:
#1: Pricey! I'm not used to spending about $20 (I rounded up) for one eye product. But I guess it will last forever so...I'll justify the purchase that way.
#2: Be careful when rushing in the morning with this. If you have oily eyelids like me and put too thick of a layer on, it WILL crease. Even with a good base like UDPP or TFSI.

All in all, I believe this shade would be universally flattering. The light shimmer may emphasize dry eyelids though. If you can avoid that I would say this purchase is worth it if you have the money for it! I knocked off a lippie for the two cons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I know that this is a popular PP because it is creamy, blendable and long-lasting, but my problem with it is that it turns bright orange on my lids with a sheer layer of golden shimmer. I love the fact that it is so creamy and creaseproof at the same time, and I wish all of my PPs had this one's texture, but the color is just so wrong on me. If you want a less warm brown, try Constructivist. It's red based and darker, but sheered out, it gives me the effect I wanted from Indianwood. I will not repurchase and I do not reccomend this shade to people that are lighter than NC/NW30. I am a NC23 if that existed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Niceasdoxie

Indianwood is a nice brownish old gold shade. Better to say, bronze shade. Goes well with the 239-alike brush, even don't try to put it in the crease with your fingers or something. The cutest way of use it to accentuate cold blue eyes: put sparkly champaign colored paint pot (like Chilled on ice) to the all lid and higher up to the browbone, then take the Indianwood with the flat e/s brush and put it on outer "v" and pull it to the crease. Worth it!