December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Indianwood is a beautiful, antiqued bronze gold very similar to the powder e/s Woodwinked. I have slightly oily lids, and this PP lasts all day on me- once it sets, it does not budge at all. This shows up very nicely on my NC35 lids. I love this color for an all over wash, or as a base for summery/fall MU looks. The texture is amazing, very creamy and easy to spread. There is TONS of product in these jars, and a little goes a long way so these will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is almost like a cream form of MAC Woodwinked. Great texture and works very well layered under any color in the coral/bronze/gold family. Nice neutral that looks great in the crease or as an overall wash on the weekends or for work. I think this color would work on most people, especially those with warm undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not a MAC girl - usually too pricey for my budget - but my sister is, and she got me a paint pot for my birthday, which I loved. She had bought one of the more nude ones for me to use as a base, and I finally caved and spent the $18.50 to get Indianwood because I wanted a pretty, bronze eyeshadow I could apply quickly for every day.
I really like the formula of the paint pots because they are easy to apply, last well and have a nice dewy finish without all the usual problems of a cream eyeshadow (creasing, fading, greasiness, etc). These are the only "creams" I will even bother with as far as eye shadows go.
Indianwood is certainly pretty. I had hoped, based on the swatch I did in store, that it would be darker and more shimmery, but of course I was pretty generous with the product when I did that swatch. The color of Indianwood is like a slightly lighter UD Smog. Smog is one of my favorite eye shadows (I pretty much wear it and Half Baked every day) so that is a complimentary comparison. However, the pigmentation is not quite as intense as Smog is, and so it looks very natural on me - like I'm wearing barely any color. It's also not as shimmery on as it looks in the jar.
While I appreciate the ease of application and the overall color, I had somewhat higher expectations for the pigmentation and finish of Indianwood. I will be using it alone when I'm in a rush but don't want to go bare faced, but most of the time I will probably use it as a primer to deepen Smog, or another favorite, Flirt Chocoholic. I will probably look for another, darker paint pot to achieve the look I had in mind.
I only say I will not buy again because I'm pretty sure this little pot will last me forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I think I would try out different paint pots though. I throw this on as a quick makeup fix when i'm running out the door. It's a nice burnt brown/golden color and looks really natural. I can use it as a base and also turn it into something more dramatic. If I were travelling, I think I would bring paint pots along just cause of the ease of usage. I'm just not a fan of the pots, I mean I like the glass packaging because it looks fancy .... but it's a bit bulky. I'd rather it came in a tube really. (seems more sanitary then dipping your finger in)

This does crease on me, but I do have oily skin. I can live without, but it's a nice product. Nice smooth texture and daily usage for a couple months has only put a little dent.

** I hear that these things dry out (even with a tight lid)...I've had mine for half a year now and it's okay still.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Indianwood is a very warm bronze color, almost metallic looking in the pot. I've owned this for a few years and I literally remember using it maybe 5x. I thought I really liked it but after using it this morning, I'm just not sure it's for me. It pulled way too orange and right now I'm in between NC20 & NC25. I used the left bronze side of my Nars Kalahari duo on top and added brown liner & black mascara and it looked nice but it's a little too warm for my liking. I remember specifically wearing this the summer before last with the same eye look and it didn't look orange, it was a nice bronze shade. I am thinking it just doesn't work for me when I'm this pale, maybe in the summer I'll bring it back out. I really love paint pots, I use one everyday. They are so creamy and easy to apply with no creasing and for me I have had no issues with any drying out but as of right now, I'm sure I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MissLegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This products is Meh.
I bought this thinking it was going to be brown goldy color. Which it sort of is. This product came off more as a bronzy orange. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty colour. Just in the pot. I personally think that MAC isn't all that. I think MAC is an over-hyped brand.

PROS:
-Smooth. It glides smoothly onto your skin.
-It's buildable

CONS:
-It comes off as an orange colour. (However, it will really make green eyes pop! Just not my colour!!!!!)
-It settles into your skins natural crease.

My advice, if you want to buy a paint pot from mac, Don't. But, if you have your heart set on them, Get either Soft Ochre or Painterly. If you want a little bit of a shimmer on your lids, get Bare Study.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Great product! Soft shimmery undertones and it makes a great primer. Its so versatile. I use this across my lids, then smoke it out with Black Tied from MAC or Machine from Illamasqua at the corners. So easy to get a smokey look with it. Also use it as a primer then apply Amber Lights MAC over it and get a really sparkly, shimmery look. Gives warmer hues to greens and lasts all day! Looks amazing with Greensmoke and Humid from MAC. Totally swear by this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this! :) Swatched it on my arm...its like a cross between Half-Baked and Smog from the UD Naked Palette. Its a bronze eyeshadow base which makes all the other eyeshadows i own escalate to a new bronze-goddess dimension! When the light hits it, its a shiny bronze...when in a shadow it looks lyk a matte brown...just gorgeous! U can wear this on its own too, to make for a lovely bold gold look! I would repurchase if they toned it down even more but that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loooveeee it!!! This is what I thought Constructivist would be. This PP warms up my face and looks absolutely gorgeous on my eyelids. On me it look like an orangy gold and I can't express how much I like it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LAMBaholic

Indianwood is a gorgeous antique gold/bronze colour, it's really warm with yellow and orange undertones The finish is a shimmery metallic that blends really nicely onto the lids, but once it's set, it stays all day. It doesn't smudge at all and has very minimal creasing, if any. I like to wear this colour on it's own, as it's very pigmented, or with a slightly darker colour just in the crease. Love it!