Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 1/5/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this soap! This is our summertime soap as it leaves a cool feeling on your skin and the scent of mm peppermint wakes you up! love that there are no toxic chemicals in it either!

on 10/24/2013 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried both the bar soap and the liquid soap. For use with a loofah, I like bar soap better. The liquid is so thin and runny that it disappears into loofah as soon as you pour it. I only use the soap in shower and to wash my hands. Maybe because it is made with mostly oil, it doesn't dry out my body like other soap. The funny thing is when I wash my face with this, it makes my face dry. I don't have the courage to try it on my hair. Be careful not to get it in your eyes. It stings so bad.

on 9/13/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

For economical reasons, I purchased this product and poured half into our kitchen and bath pump decanters to wash hands / wrists only. I don't use for bath, shower, hair, etc as it may be too drying. Pleasant minty smell - but definitely use a hand lotion after if you have extra dry skin. I would think this is a great soap for bathing kids. Also used it to wipe down the kitchen counter. Would not purchase again.

I'm hooked on my favorite Williams Sonoma kitchen lemon hand soap. Hands down the best hand soap out there, but unfortunately, the most expensive --- it is truly moisturizing. Worth the treat if you can afford it.

on 9/10/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff really is great. I use this or the lavender one. I mostly use it for cleaning my whole house. I think it is expensive but since you dilute it (by alot) it lasts a really long time. I have aslo used it as shampoo, bodywash, facewash and toothpaste. I prefer the lavender one more for face/body and hair as the peppermint is a bit strong but it does have a perfect peppermint scent and it is very invigorating. I dilute 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water for face and hair and that seems to be the best ratio for me. For hair I generally co- wash but shampoo about once a week following that with another co- wash. Dr. Bonners used just as shampoo without a follow up co- wash makes my scalp feel clean but my hair feel thick and greasy in the shower, after conditioning its perfect though. I don't think I'll use it for my beauty routine permanently (especially not the peppermint). I am a beauty product junkie always looking for the next best (cheap, multitasking) thing and right now I prefer washing my face with honey or a sulfate free baby wash after I remove my makeup and I prefer a creamier feeling body soap ( I love Dove bar soap which can be used on face and hair too!). However, Dr. Bonners Peppermint is my total go to for cleaning my kitchen, bathroom, toilets (mix with baking soda) and floors. It even cleans up spots in the rug and dishes!

on 9/10/2013 9:09:00 PM

This is amazing. No harmful ingredients. it got a 1 on the skin deep database. It dosent dry skin out. it removes makeup very well. I use it in my hair too

on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is so picky when it comes to cleansers. Things that seem to be effective lose their magic within the first week. I'm constantly switching products or coming up with time consuming routines just to keep my skin satisfied. My shower looks like a store shelf in the skin care aisle. This soap was always something I wanted to try, but the price and mixed reviews worried me. Not to mention it's a huge bottle that would take away precious real estate in my shower crowded with so many bottles already. Target, however has a small $2 bottle in their travel size section. I bought it and have used it everyday for the last 2 months or so. I really love it! I now only use a facial cleanser, doesn't seem to matter which one, to take off the bulk of my makeup and finish off with this. I think it might work because it's cleaning as well as removing residue left by my facial wash. I put a couple drops in the palm of my hand add a little water just to create a little lather and wash my face like normal. My skin has not felt filmy or dry or greasy. It's felt quite calm and soft. Everyones skin is different and if nothing else has worked for you, this just might. My skin is incredibly acne-prone and this hasn't irritated it one bit.

***update
My boyfriend has been getting hives all over his body for the past few weeks. He's been taking all kinds of allergy medication, benadryl, omitting certain foods, etc. This soap has been his only relief until the hives run their course. I'm not sure if it's the peppermint oil or what but after using it in the shower, the hives disappear. He ran out the other day so I gave him the dr. Bronners tea tree soap but that had no effect so I'm assuming it's the peppermint that's helping him.

on 7/19/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all purpose HG product to end all products~~I use it for seemingly everything~Brush my teeth(The mint is wonderful,and I havent used commercial toothpaste in years,no problems,just healthy gums and teeth~(all it takes is one drop on my toothbrush)) Washing my hair~Diluted into a 8 oz bottle of water about 2 tsp soap~really focusing on my scalp,comb thru to ends(follow with ACV rinse,no cond. needed) Fill a spray bottle with this (1/2 cup) and a few tbsp white vinegar and mostly water~cleans everything in my house!!~ Wash my face with this(DILUTE) after I remove my makeup.~~I fill foaming soap dispensers with water and a few squirts of this and it is great for washing hands~I cant use the soap my office provides so I fill a small spray bottle with 3/4 water and a 1/4 soap~just wet my hands and give em a spray, I keep it in my purse. I wash my dishes with it~I wash my produce with it~I shave with it~It tap dances and balances my check book(LOL)~ LOVE. :)

on 7/18/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this soap. It's perfect for after a long day at work. That tingle! A little but goes a long way so I'm not to crabby about the price. Lasts me a bit over a month and that's fine, especially considering I often shower more than once per day. Overall, I love this soap an I actually look forward to showers because of it.

on 7/17/2013 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Over the past few months I've become increasingly aware of the amount of chemicals I put on my body on a daily basis..after doing some research, a lot of ingredients typically found in commercial beauty products quite frankly scared me..no way do I want to use known carcinogens on my body on a daily basis!

Now my skin is something I struggle with, so I wasn't quite willing to change up my facial skin care. But I decided that this would make a great alternative body wash. And it is fab. The peppermint version feels really refreshing and cooling - perfect for warm summer weather. The only thing is it can be a bit *too* tingly so don't use on private areas! For shaving legs and under arms, it is great and doesn't dry your skin out.

After coming off the pill I got a few spots on my back - I've been using a few things to help this, but this has been a contributing factor. However the real reason it's earned 5 lippies is that it has really helped the mild keratosis pilaris I have on my upper arms. Now I've had this for years - just tiny bumps that never went away. They don't really bother me, but obviously I'd rather not have them there! Using this with a loofah mitt reduced them dramatically in only 2 uses - it's clearing up more and more using this once a day.
I was using the loofah mitt for around a month before on its own or with a generic body wash - so this Dr Bronner's I know to be the key factor.

There are definitely cheaper body washes out there - but for what it does and knowing I'm not putting anything harmful on my skin, I think the price is reasonable. A little goes a long way - it says to dilute it on the bottle - because it is very concentrated.

The packaging is bizarre..but quirky, and I like it. Variety is the spice of life, and who doesn't want to read fanatical ramblings whilst they shower?

--I actually tried using this as a shampoo because I'd read of people doing that. I would love for this to truly by an all-in-one product for me, but it just left my hair greasy. But it's a soap..I didn't really expect it to work, so this isn't really a problem.

Great product in general, will repurchase.

on 7/2/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I too was skeptical about the packaging but my boyfriend had it in his shower one day...and now I am hooked! Love the smell and the way it feels! Love Love Love!