November 23, 2014 | 934 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff really is great. I use this or the lavender one. I mostly use it for cleaning my whole house. I think it is expensive but since you dilute it (by alot) it lasts a really long time. I have aslo used it as shampoo, bodywash, facewash and toothpaste. I prefer the lavender one more for face/body and hair as the peppermint is a bit strong but it does have a perfect peppermint scent and it is very invigorating. I dilute 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water for face and hair and that seems to be the best ratio for me. For hair I generally co- wash but shampoo about once a week following that with another co- wash. Dr. Bonners used just as shampoo without a follow up co- wash makes my scalp feel clean but my hair feel thick and greasy in the shower, after conditioning its perfect though. I don't think I'll use it for my beauty routine permanently (especially not the peppermint). I am a beauty product junkie always looking for the next best (cheap, multitasking) thing and right now I prefer washing my face with honey or a sulfate free baby wash after I remove my makeup and I prefer a creamier feeling body soap ( I love Dove bar soap which can be used on face and hair too!). However, Dr. Bonners Peppermint is my total go to for cleaning my kitchen, bathroom, toilets (mix with baking soda) and floors. It even cleans up spots in the rug and dishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is amazing. No harmful ingredients. it got a 1 on the skin deep database. It dosent dry skin out. it removes makeup very well. I use it in my hair too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is so picky when it comes to cleansers. Things that seem to be effective lose their magic within the first week. I'm constantly switching products or coming up with time consuming routines just to keep my skin satisfied. My shower looks like a store shelf in the skin care aisle. This soap was always something I wanted to try, but the price and mixed reviews worried me. Not to mention it's a huge bottle that would take away precious real estate in my shower crowded with so many bottles already. Target, however has a small $2 bottle in their travel size section. I bought it and have used it everyday for the last 2 months or so. I really love it! I now only use a facial cleanser, doesn't seem to matter which one, to take off the bulk of my makeup and finish off with this. I think it might work because it's cleaning as well as removing residue left by my facial wash. I put a couple drops in the palm of my hand add a little water just to create a little lather and wash my face like normal. My skin has not felt filmy or dry or greasy. It's felt quite calm and soft. Everyones skin is different and if nothing else has worked for you, this just might. My skin is incredibly acne-prone and this hasn't irritated it one bit.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mimi75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my all purpose HG product to end all products~~I use it for seemingly everything~Brush my teeth(The mint is wonderful,and I havent used commercial toothpaste in years,no problems,just healthy gums and teeth~(all it takes is one drop on my toothbrush)) Washing my hair~Diluted into a 8 oz bottle of water about 2 tsp soap~really focusing on my scalp,comb thru to ends(follow with ACV rinse,no cond. needed) Fill a spray bottle with this (1/2 cup) and a few tbsp white vinegar and mostly water~cleans everything in my house!!~ Wash my face with this(DILUTE) after I remove my makeup.~~I fill foaming soap dispensers with water and a few squirts of this and it is great for washing hands~I cant use the soap my office provides so I fill a small spray bottle with 3/4 water and a 1/4 soap~just wet my hands and give em a spray, I keep it in my purse. I wash my dishes with it~I wash my produce with it~I shave with it~It tap dances and balances my check book(LOL)~ LOVE. :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by woolandwater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this soap. It's perfect for after a long day at work. That tingle! A little but goes a long way so I'm not to crabby about the price. Lasts me a bit over a month and that's fine, especially considering I often shower more than once per day. Overall, I love this soap an I actually look forward to showers because of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Over the past few months I've become increasingly aware of the amount of chemicals I put on my body on a daily basis..after doing some research, a lot of ingredients typically found in commercial beauty products quite frankly scared me..no way do I want to use known carcinogens on my body on a daily basis!

Now my skin is something I struggle with, so I wasn't quite willing to change up my facial skin care. But I decided that this would make a great alternative body wash. And it is fab. The peppermint version feels really refreshing and cooling - perfect for warm summer weather. The only thing is it can be a bit *too* tingly so don't use on private areas! For shaving legs and under arms, it is great and doesn't dry your skin out.

After coming off the pill I got a few spots on my back - I've been using a few things to help this, but this has been a contributing factor. However the real reason it's earned 5 lippies is that it has really helped the mild keratosis pilaris I have on my upper arms. Now I've had this for years - just tiny bumps that never went away. They don't really bother me, but obviously I'd rather not have them there! Using this with a loofah mitt reduced them dramatically in only 2 uses - it's clearing up more and more using this once a day.
I was using the loofah mitt for around a month before on its own or with a generic body wash - so this Dr Bronner's I know to be the key factor.

There are definitely cheaper body washes out there - but for what it does and knowing I'm not putting anything harmful on my skin, I think the price is reasonable. A little goes a long way - it says to dilute it on the bottle - because it is very concentrated.

The packaging is bizarre..but quirky, and I like it. Variety is the spice of life, and who doesn't want to read fanatical ramblings whilst they shower?

--I actually tried using this as a shampoo because I'd read of people doing that. I would love for this to truly by an all-in-one product for me, but it just left my hair greasy. But it's a soap..I didn't really expect it to work, so this isn't really a problem.

Great product in general, will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Cgbuying

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too was skeptical about the packaging but my boyfriend had it in his shower one day...and now I am hooked! Love the smell and the way it feels! Love Love Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I always avoided this, because the packaging made me think this is another "all-natural" dud product that's hyped up by the granola, hippie wannabe crowd (no offense to anyone). Those products usually aren't very powerful and effective.

But man was I wrong. I have pretty oily skin and I just need a soap that will strip all the dirt off. I can actually hear my skin squeaking when I wash myself. And whoa, the peppermint scent really does FEEL minty (not very pleasant on open cuts lol).

I don't know about Dr. Bronner's all in one claim though. This is probably too harsh to use on hair and face. I would not enjoy this if I had dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ecogbill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this only as a body soap and shampoo; haven't ventured into other uses yet. In the shower I squirt a little bit on my pre-moistened loofah and it leaves me feeling very clean and refreshed. Smell is nice. Mostly I like how natural it is, without all the additives that are out there these days. Since I use it every other day or so and try to cover every inch of my skin - that's a lot of chemicals potentially being absorbed! I used it once as a bath soap but won't do that again - the peppermint was a little, um, "tingly" and I ended up cutting that bath short! :-)

For a shampoo, I find that it's great when I need a really deep clean for my oily scalp/fine/limp but thick head of hair. It seems to dry out my scalp REALLY easily, so I only use it for clarifying once a week or so when I remember.

PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Huge bottle
-Multiple uses
-Natural/free of frightening ingredients

CONS:
-Can be harsh if used too often in hair
-Don't use in a bath!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing a lot about this soap and wanting to purchase a bottle for awhile now but never done so because the bottle was so huge and i don't want to buy a big bottle ending up not liking it and going to waste. Luckily, target have a whole section of trial sizes isle which i found the peppermint and lavender soaps. I was afraid i would have an allergic reaction to the lavender scent so i went with the peppermint scent.
I tired putting a small amount on a spot of my face(quarter size) but the mint scent was so strong it started burning my eyes and makes it watery. I have sensitive skin so i would not recommend to use this on your face if you have sensitive skin, using it as a body wash would be OK.
So I decided to use it as a makeup brush cleanser. It amazed me that you only need a few drops to clean a big foundation brush, all the oils and makeup comes off easily and the soap latter very well. After my brushes dried, it smell very good like peppermint. When i use other products to wash my brushes such as baby shampoo, dish soap, and brush cleanser they don't clean quite as well which still leaves makeup or residues afterward. and using other products even the ones with scented fragrances, the brushes have a foul odor smell when it dries.
I'm so happy i gave this soap a tried, now I'm going to go buy the full size bottle and wanting to tried the almond and orange ones too!!