September 2, 2014 | 1528 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Cgbuying

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too was skeptical about the packaging but my boyfriend had it in his shower one day...and now I am hooked! Love the smell and the way it feels! Love Love Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I always avoided this, because the packaging made me think this is another "all-natural" dud product that's hyped up by the granola, hippie wannabe crowd (no offense to anyone). Those products usually aren't very powerful and effective.

But man was I wrong. I have pretty oily skin and I just need a soap that will strip all the dirt off. I can actually hear my skin squeaking when I wash myself. And whoa, the peppermint scent really does FEEL minty (not very pleasant on open cuts lol).

I don't know about Dr. Bronner's all in one claim though. This is probably too harsh to use on hair and face. I would not enjoy this if I had dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ecogbill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this only as a body soap and shampoo; haven't ventured into other uses yet. In the shower I squirt a little bit on my pre-moistened loofah and it leaves me feeling very clean and refreshed. Smell is nice. Mostly I like how natural it is, without all the additives that are out there these days. Since I use it every other day or so and try to cover every inch of my skin - that's a lot of chemicals potentially being absorbed! I used it once as a bath soap but won't do that again - the peppermint was a little, um, "tingly" and I ended up cutting that bath short! :-)

For a shampoo, I find that it's great when I need a really deep clean for my oily scalp/fine/limp but thick head of hair. It seems to dry out my scalp REALLY easily, so I only use it for clarifying once a week or so when I remember.

PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Huge bottle
-Multiple uses
-Natural/free of frightening ingredients

CONS:
-Can be harsh if used too often in hair
-Don't use in a bath!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing a lot about this soap and wanting to purchase a bottle for awhile now but never done so because the bottle was so huge and i don't want to buy a big bottle ending up not liking it and going to waste. Luckily, target have a whole section of trial sizes isle which i found the peppermint and lavender soaps. I was afraid i would have an allergic reaction to the lavender scent so i went with the peppermint scent.
I tired putting a small amount on a spot of my face(quarter size) but the mint scent was so strong it started burning my eyes and makes it watery. I have sensitive skin so i would not recommend to use this on your face if you have sensitive skin, using it as a body wash would be OK.
So I decided to use it as a makeup brush cleanser. It amazed me that you only need a few drops to clean a big foundation brush, all the oils and makeup comes off easily and the soap latter very well. After my brushes dried, it smell very good like peppermint. When i use other products to wash my brushes such as baby shampoo, dish soap, and brush cleanser they don't clean quite as well which still leaves makeup or residues afterward. and using other products even the ones with scented fragrances, the brushes have a foul odor smell when it dries.
I'm so happy i gave this soap a tried, now I'm going to go buy the full size bottle and wanting to tried the almond and orange ones too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So cleansing and SO refreshing, I love the tingle. I can still smell the fresh scent on me long after I shower. A little goes a long way, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This liquid soap has a fresh cool peppermint scent. And it has a cool refreshing tingling sensation.This really gets your lady parts SUPER CLEAN! And it stays fresh and clean all day! This is a great soap and its all natural and organic. A little of this goes a very long way! All you need is a small amount and it produces lots of rich lather. One bottle goes a very long way.It is very reasonably priced for a natural organic product. I will definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love all things natural. And this is a staple in all that I use, whether in my house or on my body. First, the house. I clean with only chemical-free cleaners and I make most of it myself, simply because I think it's healthier. This is an ingredient is most all of the cleaners I whip up. Just google castille soap, the uses are endless and this is by far the best out there. Smells amaze too.

Now onto my bod... I use the peppermint and the almond scent. I use the bar though. It's amazingly refreshing. I even use it on my face at night with my clarisonic, and it also takes off eye make like a dream. However, the peppermint can be a bit drying when used often on the face. Not the almond though. Keeps my skin clean, bright, and spot-free. BF calls the almond "marzipan" and he loves the scent. Side note, BF says the peppermint burns his man parts. Yup.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I use this exclusively to wash my brushes and it does a really good job of that. The product is fairly inexpensive for the large bottle and the scent is strong, but I think it cleans thoroughly and doesn't leave the brush hairs dry or frizzy, so for brush cleaning I highly recommend. I am not sure how it would be on skin and I already have a skincare regime I enjoy and that works for me, so I am not curious about how it works on my skin, but perhaps it would be a good body wash, however there are plenty of good body washes out there. Won't need to repurchase anytime soon as I bought the huge bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by DisaChantel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this once, but I'm the type to read a bunch of reviews for a product after I've already bought it, and whilst perusing through the feedback on here, I felt inspired to give my input. First, the scent: it's very strong. I've got a fairly sensitive nose and am always worried about products smelling to strong, but in this case, I love it. Peppermint is one of those scents that always smells fresh & clean IMO. But hey, I could bathe in peppermint oil and it wouldn't bother me one bit, so take that tidbit with a grain of salt. Just know that the scent is very potent. In regards to using it as a shampoo, my curly tresses soaked it right up - to the point where my hair felt squeaky clean. Some may consider this to harsh for their hair, as it will likely strip it of all natural oils. I'll probably only use it once or twice a month as a shampoo. In regards to using it as a face wash, my oily, acne-prone skin soaked it right up (see a pattern here?), and I had no problems with dryness. Also, it didn't make my skin feel tight and stiff like some cleansers do (*cough cough* neutrogena). I followed up with Simple moisturizer and whadaya know, my face wasn't an oil slick by the end of the day - as per usual. In regards to using it as a body wash, no complaints there. My only negative comments are about the packaging. It really is "liquid soap," so it's easy to pour out too much of the product and therefore waste the goods. I got mine for around ten bucks at target, and I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lilybelle911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I haven't used Dr. Bronner's in a long time but I used to love it. Like the reviewer below, I've even used it as toothpaste. When I was very young, around nineteen (long before cell phones and internet), a friend and I shared an apartment for a while, and we were so poor we could barely buy food or toothpaste or anything, and Dr. Bronner's liquid soap was our household bath soap/toothpaste/all purpose soap. It was so entertaining to read the label while bathing or showering. I thought it was from some commune or Moonie cult. I like this peppermint one and the castile one, and the lavender is my least favorite - only because I like very pure true lavender, and it seemed a bit perfumey. But I'm remembering from a very long time ago. Maybe I would like the lavender one today. It's just very pure all purpose soap. I am a bit of a soap nut, the way people love shoes or bags or whatever their thing is. My thing is soap, although I have slacked off a bit lately because I'm trying not to become a full blown hoarder. That would be weird: to become a soap hoarder, wouldn't it? :-O Maybe that's what happens when you get old. I might buy some Dr. Bronner's again soon. The peppermint would make a cooling foot bath in summer, and it will be fun to remember carefree days by using it again so many years later. Fortunately, I can now afford toothpaste. :-)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No