August 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cyndi1218

I got this as a gift and honestly I think it sucks. Although it claims that it is gentle, it actually stings my eyes when I use it to remove eye makeup. And it doesn't even remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner well. It smells weird but tolerable. The only good thing about it is that it is not oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Marysmacstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in a gift with purchase set and I am SO glad I didnt purchase it first! Its a pretty good size for traveling and its supposed to condition your lashes, the only problem is I cannot get my mascara off with it! It takes off my shadow but not the base I use before my shadow, and for that to happen (like the bottle says) I had to soak the cotton pad first. Too much work and left my eyes red from rubbing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

clarins has two eye makeup removers. one works, and one doesn't. this is the one that doesn't.
i bought it by mistake as it was stocked with my preferred choice (the Instant eye makeup remover) and i didnt read the box to check. i cursed when i opened the box.
i figured the difference could not be sooo huge, after all Clarins is a good brand, so i would try and use it up. well i found it so useless that i went and bought the Instant, despite having 95% of this left. i was having to tug way too hard on my eyelids with this, and i always woke up with raccoon eyes the next day. even using more of this the next morning to clean up the excess didn't get it all erased. thumbs down. ONLY plus is that it didnt burn my eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gently reomoves my eye makeup. I keep a small jar with cotton rounds and pour my remover in there to make my own pre-soaked pads. I place them on my eyes for a few seconds and wipe off gently. Removes everything without stinging or burning. I have heard people can use it to put there contacts in it's so gentle!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

Just bought a bottle of this remover as the new Guerlain one BURNS my eyes like crazy! I've used this product before and I think it does the job well without any irritation. If I wear waterproof eye makeup then I use Chanel's dual-phase remover. This Clarins remover and the Orlane cleansing serum for eyes are the only two I re-purchase with any frequency. Give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Dira5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many eye makeup removers but I keep coming back to this one.

Eye makeup just seems to glide off. I use the extra heavy makeup one for sensitive eyes - it's excellent. You'll never need any other kind.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MichelleT08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG, and my only product for about 15 years. I love how it's so gentle, and leaves no residue. I've been told by Clarins employees that you can use it as saline/eyedrops in a pinch (I cannot comment - I've never done this).

When I have used other products in a pinch (travel or samples), I'm always disappointed. The product is relatively expensive, but a bottle lasts me at least six months (I don't track precisely because I know I'll just buy more - I love it so!). I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the non oily feel of this eye make up remover, but other than that there is nothing remarkable about it.
My eyes aren't sensitive, so I can't test the gentle claim accurately. It doesn't sting my eyes, but nothing really does.
I wear waterproof mascara that it didn't take off. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye makeup remover I've ever used ( I've tried many). It's also the first eye makeup remover that I can use while still wearing my contact lenses without any irritation or stinging. I love it and will continue to repurchase unless I can find a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

This is a good product, but pales compared to the Instant Eye makeup remover that handles waterproof makeup. It is gentle but doesn't remove everything. Even if your makeup is not waterproof, don't bother with this product. The Instant one is gentle as well and removes everything. I don't wear contacts anymore so you might want to try out both before buying.