April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have the type of hair that drug-store flat irons cannot hope to tame. It's curly, it's coarse, it's thick, and there's a freaking ton of it. The CHI makes it completely smooth, completely frizz-free (which is something of a miracle for me, haha) and my hair stays straight for days.

If I'm being honest, I don't know if this is unique to the CHI itself, or to all high-end flat irons--I've only ever used the CHI, and my hairdresser uses the "Superstar" which also works well. I've found it's price pretty competitive--it usually runs about $100, but you can usually find it on sale somewhere. Many other irons of it's calibre run between $130-$150 or so.

I am on my second CHI iron--the first one died after about a year of frequent use (3-4 times/week.) I've had my second one for 4 years and counting. I have noticed that their efficacy decreases with time--when I first got it, it took about 25 minutes to do my entire head, and now it takes 30-40. However, that's still a fraction of the time it takes me with other irons, so I consider it well worth it. To be safe, I'd buy it from a store with a generous return policy/warranty.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great beginner flat iron. The ceramic plates distribute heat evenly, making it harder to damage hair. It heats up fast, retains heat well, and leaves hair looking healthy and shiny. I used drugstore brand flat irons before switching to Chi, and the biggest difference I observed was the decrease in crunchy, over-processed ends, even when I used the iron several times a week.

I got my first Chi in 2009, and it cost around $100. Although it's still going strong, I recently looked up the prices of a replacement on Amazon and Ebay. It's definitely gotten to cheaper to buy. Now, it's around $50 dollars. For that price, I'd recommend buying it immediately. It's a really good flat iron to experiment with, and it's fairly affordable, in comparison to other, higher end flat iron brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good flat iron, but at this price it is overpriced. It is very comfortable to hold, looks chic and comes in a big variety of colors. It comes with a pouch too. The cord is professional length, and has floating plates. The one I am talking about has temperature settings, which the ultra chi does not. What I did not like was that when you open and close the flat iron it squeaks. It is a little too square, so your curls won't come out as perfectly round spirals. For a flat iron this price it should have auto shut off at least, even the cheap Remington at the drugstore has one hour auto shut off, digital temperature control, and looks super sleek too. . Don't waste your time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A quick description of my hair: thick, wavy and curly. This straightener works really awesome in the first couple of months and then it goes to pure garbage. I have gone through, and I kid you not 5 of these. I would go back to my salon and just exchange it for a new one and then eventually I just gave up and they even told me since the demand for these irons are so high the quality of them has decreased significantly. My first chi was amazing until it just never turned on again, my new ones all snagged onto my hair breaking it off, and I had to go over my hair a lot to get it pin straight. ALSO it took me literally 2 hours to straighten all of my hair which is pretty ridiculous because my new iron takes me about 40 mins now. I would never recommend this to anyone who loves their hair because this seriously ruins it and it is a waste of money because they constantly just die out of nowhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by memorton

These last forever and are hands down the best straightener you can buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by feedmekarats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had this for about 4 years now (the original black chi) and this is The best flat iron I have ever used. Hair is pin straight and leaves your hair shiny and silky. Do not forget to use a heat protector because this iron gets very hot. You can even curl with it. It's around 100$ at ulta but its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ananasbloesem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply the best! Even in the Netherlands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by camille002

literally the best flat iron out there. i have a ghd and a chi, and they're both amazing. my hair is verrryyy thick, long and wavy, and this does the job in less than 30 minutes! a must have! can't go wrong with chi!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love my chi and its a great straightener! the only problem I have found with it is there are no settings for how hot you want it so you can burn it out pretty fast. This is been a general problem that a lot of my girls have experienced, although I have been using the same one for 4 years!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by crazypinkhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This iron is slender, chic, hot enuff and amazing. my hair is not easy going but this iron con really control it. I got mine at toronto hair care, corner of spadina college. they got tons of stuff there and amazing deals.