April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Night Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by hardcore_knitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm. I like the packaging, and the texture isn't bad, but that's about it. The scent is oddly cloying -- caramel-y and flowery. It just doesn't seem very effective, either. I used it for a few months, then switched to something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rdavis107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product on a whim and then headed on to MakeupAlley to read reviews. I was a little apprehensive due to most feedback about the bad smell or making people break out but I'm happy to report I've had a positive reaction. I didn't mind the smell of it at all, it has an almost lemon smell to it that disappears once I've put it on my face and I even asked my boyfriend if my face smelt bad when I had it on one night.
The cream has definitely helped in making my skin feel much smoother but I'm not so sure about making it "radiant" and I haven't had any comments from other people on my skin or any changes. I'm finding it a good basic night time moisturiser for smooth, soft skin and am pleased that I only need a pea sized amount to cover my face. The texture is a little odd, can't really explain it but once I have it on it feels like I have nothing on at all. I can see it lasting me a long time which is a bonus with the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this because my mom bought it for herself, used it once, and immediately went back to Clinique (her favorite brand)
I don't think this is bad, it does its job of moisturizing well. There's something really odd about it though...the texture is slightly tacky, the sheen of the actual cream is a little too plastic and off putting, and the smell...well, I don't mind the floral waxy smell, but what's the point of adding fragrance? As for radiance...it does actually leave a slight pearly glow to your face after you apply, and it looks great!
I won't repurchase because it's just your typical moisturizer, it adds nothing new to the table. If you're looking to transition to natural skincare BB is a good start, but there's honestly better brands out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream was just OK. It was really heavy, which is good for the winter time, but not good for me during the summer. Overall, I have used better night time products in the past and would not get this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't even know if this cream is good for the skin, but this had the strongest, most intolerable (at least for me) scent I have ever smelled in my life.. almost made me want to throw up. I needed a new night cream and while I was in Target, I decided to give it a try... BIG MISTAKE. I don't even understand why Burt's Bees would put fragrance in a natural product in the first place.. As soon as I put it on top of my skin, the smell was just OMG. The texture was also kind of slippery and greasy, which was not what I was expecting. I washed it off immediately and returned it the next day. If you are the kind of person who can handle a really disgustingly heavy and artificial fragrance, give it a try, but for me the smell was just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MarieL33

I LOVED the original radiance night cream for all the reasons people have listed as being negative qualities, the liquid like consistency, the scent, and the really light coverage. I noticed a huge change with my complexion, the tone became more even, my redness and dark circles diminished, and my skin became so soft. HOWEVER, they have recently reformulated the product in order to conform to international natural product standards and I don't like the changes. It is thick, really creamy, and really saturates the skin. I realize most would find this to be an improvement but personally I'm really disappointed cause I've used this product for so long that I didn't want to change. I would give the new product a chance if the scent wasn't so offensive, to me it has a rather plastic like odor. Since I've only used the new product once I can't comment on weather or not it would give the same results to my skin as it once did.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kawallace

Ick. I saw this at Whole Foods and as I'm always searching for the HG night/ day cream, I figured it was worth a try. I don't like the smell, it's slimy, and it leaves a sticky residue so I couldn't wear it under makeup. Definitely won't repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Heros

I got a sample size of this product (7g in a little glass jar!) as part of a Burt's Bees gift set. Now, I normally love Burt's Bees products (I'm kind of obsessed at the moment) but this one was horrible.

I applied it to freshly washed skin and, once I had finished applying it, it felt really strange. Like it was just sitting on top of my skin... but not in a way that is typical to a bad moisturizer. The feeling was similar to the feeling of having egg whites on your skin, like it was just sitting on my skin, drying up, and causing a tight feeling as a result. I then went to touch my face and... oh my god! It started balling up like crazy! So I went to wash it off and as soon as I wet my face, the water turned white and creamy. Awful, awful.

I've been reading up reviews on this product in hope of finding an experience similar to mine, but no luck. I must have recieved a bad batch or something.

The glass jar it came in is awesome, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this in Burt's Bees grab bag. Today was one of those days when you want to change up your routine and try something different so I took this out. Boy was I disappointed.

Smell: i really don't like the smell. it smelled like some cheap cucumber body lotion. the smell lingered quite a bit on my face and it gave me a headache.

Texture: very light but surprisingly hard to spread on face. The shimmer in the night cream reminds me of that of MAC's strobe cream. I don't know if the shimmer in the cream is supposed to make your face look more "radiant" but it seems kind of gimmicky to me.

The smell just made it difficult for me to finish the deluxe sample (in a little jar) and nobody really wanted it so I am tossing this. I am relieved I did not get a full size in the grab bag.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I got Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme with Royal Jelly for 20% off at Ulta, which brought it down to about $14.40 USD plus tax. What I love about this night cream is how smooth it leaves my skin, but the reason why I'm dropping it to 3 lippies is due to it's scent and texture. First, the texture is overpoweringly synthetic and floral and never goes away. I apply it before bed and I wake up and I can STILL smell it on my skin. Second, the texture of the cream is very smooth and silky, but never quite seems to sink in completely, so instead I feel like there is a barrier on top of my skin. I can't speak to it's claims of making my skin more radiant, but I have noticed that my skin seems smoother and softer since using this night cream. Also, this cream comes in a glass pot, which wouldn't be a problem except it seems to leak and gunk around the rim, which equals a waste of product as well as the hassle of cleaning the pot. I won't buy again as the night time moisturizer I love is LUSH Vanishing Cream, and I'm saving up for a pot of that even if it costs a bit more. Overall an above average night cream, but not quite what I was looking for. EDIT June 5 2011: I realized that this, in connection with my toner, was making me break out so badly. Discontinued using it, and my face is clearing up. Dropping to 1 lippie.