October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Night Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this is the first time for me trying this so i dont have any knowledge of the prior formula i really like the smell and how soft my face was will edit if i break out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my skin:
fair, slightly freckled/scarred, acne-prone, combination, and sensitive, from use on an AHA, BHA, Retin-A, Taz, and occasional TCA peels (gotta love fryin your face off! ;)

normally when i need a moisturizer i use a night creme with hydroquinone in it, to help fade some scars and freckles that i have. but sometimes it just isnt hydrating enough, so i need something more to help me combat flakies.

my husband and i both use this (he was actually the 1 that picked this out), and he seems to like it. i, however, find that it has too much fragrance for sensitive skin. when my skin's sensitive it stings a very little bit when i 1st put it on (and i've had other night cremes that didnt do this, so i know its not just me). but i never get any reddness or itching, and the stinging goes away really quickly. i wish that this was a bit more soothing though, so i wont rebuy when i run out-- i'll just try something else. however, i rated it as a "yes" to rebuy, as it really is a good night creme, just not 100% for my particular needs.

UPDATE 02/20/12:
i changed this to "no" for re-buy, i just dont like the added fragrance, and this is not quite soothing enough for how i want a nightcreme to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by hardcore_knitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm. I like the packaging, and the texture isn't bad, but that's about it. The scent is oddly cloying -- caramel-y and flowery. It just doesn't seem very effective, either. I used it for a few months, then switched to something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rdavis107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product on a whim and then headed on to MakeupAlley to read reviews. I was a little apprehensive due to most feedback about the bad smell or making people break out but I'm happy to report I've had a positive reaction. I didn't mind the smell of it at all, it has an almost lemon smell to it that disappears once I've put it on my face and I even asked my boyfriend if my face smelt bad when I had it on one night.
The cream has definitely helped in making my skin feel much smoother but I'm not so sure about making it "radiant" and I haven't had any comments from other people on my skin or any changes. I'm finding it a good basic night time moisturiser for smooth, soft skin and am pleased that I only need a pea sized amount to cover my face. The texture is a little odd, can't really explain it but once I have it on it feels like I have nothing on at all. I can see it lasting me a long time which is a bonus with the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this because my mom bought it for herself, used it once, and immediately went back to Clinique (her favorite brand)
I don't think this is bad, it does its job of moisturizing well. There's something really odd about it though...the texture is slightly tacky, the sheen of the actual cream is a little too plastic and off putting, and the smell...well, I don't mind the floral waxy smell, but what's the point of adding fragrance? As for radiance...it does actually leave a slight pearly glow to your face after you apply, and it looks great!
I won't repurchase because it's just your typical moisturizer, it adds nothing new to the table. If you're looking to transition to natural skincare BB is a good start, but there's honestly better brands out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream was just OK. It was really heavy, which is good for the winter time, but not good for me during the summer. Overall, I have used better night time products in the past and would not get this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't even know if this cream is good for the skin, but this had the strongest, most intolerable (at least for me) scent I have ever smelled in my life.. almost made me want to throw up. I needed a new night cream and while I was in Target, I decided to give it a try... BIG MISTAKE. I don't even understand why Burt's Bees would put fragrance in a natural product in the first place.. As soon as I put it on top of my skin, the smell was just OMG. The texture was also kind of slippery and greasy, which was not what I was expecting. I washed it off immediately and returned it the next day. If you are the kind of person who can handle a really disgustingly heavy and artificial fragrance, give it a try, but for me the smell was just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MarieL33

I LOVED the original radiance night cream for all the reasons people have listed as being negative qualities, the liquid like consistency, the scent, and the really light coverage. I noticed a huge change with my complexion, the tone became more even, my redness and dark circles diminished, and my skin became so soft. HOWEVER, they have recently reformulated the product in order to conform to international natural product standards and I don't like the changes. It is thick, really creamy, and really saturates the skin. I realize most would find this to be an improvement but personally I'm really disappointed cause I've used this product for so long that I didn't want to change. I would give the new product a chance if the scent wasn't so offensive, to me it has a rather plastic like odor. Since I've only used the new product once I can't comment on weather or not it would give the same results to my skin as it once did.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kawallace

Ick. I saw this at Whole Foods and as I'm always searching for the HG night/ day cream, I figured it was worth a try. I don't like the smell, it's slimy, and it leaves a sticky residue so I couldn't wear it under makeup. Definitely won't repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Heros

I got a sample size of this product (7g in a little glass jar!) as part of a Burt's Bees gift set. Now, I normally love Burt's Bees products (I'm kind of obsessed at the moment) but this one was horrible.

I applied it to freshly washed skin and, once I had finished applying it, it felt really strange. Like it was just sitting on top of my skin... but not in a way that is typical to a bad moisturizer. The feeling was similar to the feeling of having egg whites on your skin, like it was just sitting on my skin, drying up, and causing a tight feeling as a result. I then went to touch my face and... oh my god! It started balling up like crazy! So I went to wash it off and as soon as I wet my face, the water turned white and creamy. Awful, awful.

I've been reading up reviews on this product in hope of finding an experience similar to mine, but no luck. I must have recieved a bad batch or something.

The glass jar it came in is awesome, though.