October 23, 2014 | 2025 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall a good powder, it has a good silky smooth texture and feels light on the face. I use this with a matte bb cream and it does help to keep my oily skin matte all day long, although I'm not a huge fan of the finish. The only problem I found with this powder was that under certain lighting it can look a bit cakey. I always make sure to use a very little amount to avoid occasionally having that "cakey" look, but if that doesn't bother you then by all means this is a good powder to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how silky this is but this just didn't work for me. With, or without foundation it just didn't provide the finish I was looking for. This goes on real cakey on me. Packaging is weird. Color matches me.beige medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Katiexo

I've tried many powders but I always come back to this one!! It's pretty much a translucent powder so it doesn't offer much coverage but it makes my skin look and feel so good!! Gets rid of any oily bits I have and is very natural looking and not the slightest bit cakey!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

Not cakey!!! Don't listen to anyone! It's so nice over makeup it doesn't change the colour much it sets it nicely. Also good on its own to give a little glow. I use beige, I have quite pale skin and it's dark enough to give me coverage but not too dark it makes me look like I'm wearing a mask. Clever packaging too, doubles up as a pocket mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews here, I went out and bought this in "Beige" and I love it! I have used many, many powders mostly high-end and have even used corn starch based baby powders on my face applied with brush, as i have oily skin.This is lovely and velvety and leaves my skin flawless (I use a few drops of liquid foundation applied with brush and use this to finish) I am a fan and I even like the cute little compact! Beige seems a good match for my light/medium peachy sort of skin :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cnguyen112

After a long journey in finding something to tame my unfortunate oily face, I'm glad to say that Dream Matte totally saved me. The product itself is versatile; compact with a little pressed pad above a mirror within. I bought this on sale which was around $8 at Shopper's and I'd definitely buy it again, on-sale or not.

With whatever foundation I use under (I switch between Revlon's Nearly Naked and some asian BB creams), applying this over them, my face manages to look pretty matte/non-oily for the whole day until late evening, only using a blotting sheets every 4 hours or so to keep it consistent. And believe me, that is not an overstatement as my skin gets /very/ oily even in the winter.

The only slight downside to this is that my face does tend to look a bit more 'caked' on under certain lighting, which is to the user's own opinion if they care or not.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin looking for an inexpensive matte solution.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my go to pressed powder for a long time until I started using translucent powder. It's a great price and the packaging is decent but the puff gets torn apart easily so I would have to buy extra puffs. It keeps my face looking matte for about 5-6 hours and it doesn't get cakey or orange. It didn't draw attention to my dry patches either. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

The girls must be on something when their saying it makes you look cakey. NO it does not leave you cakey what so over and is closed to mac mineralize skin finish natural powder . Love the texture and is a great setting powder . 7 -8 bucks is still expensive for a drugstore powder but yolo cause this has last me like 8 months and hasn't even hit pam yet .

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Kayyy45

I didn't really like this. Weird color and looks very cakey/powdery. Maybe it would work alone but with liquid foundation it just doesn't work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by beautifullycurly

This is a great product for people who want a matte look. The only reason I gave it 4/5 is that it can tend to make the skin look powdery. Overall, my makeup stayed on all day and didn't feel heavy. As for caking, it didn't cake up between my eyebrows, a problem area for me. It did cake up a little bit on my nose; however, I don't want to blame this on the powder because I have an uneven texture on my nose, and everything I try tends to cake up on it. Also, it caked up on my nose less than other powders.