Cover Girl loose powder

3.2

Talc, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Zinc Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Mineral Oil, Menthol, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, BHT, Mica, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

on 6/29/2010 6:09:00 PM

The smell is a bit funky, but it didn't bother me that much. The powder sets makeup very well and doesn't look cakey or anything. I really did like this powder, but it made me look orange, even though it said TRANSLUCENT medium as the shade. I threw it away once I noticed this. Pretty sad as I really did like it, but there are many other translucent setting powders out there! And the search continues! :]

on 5/31/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate this powder. The only times I've purchased it is when I was in a hurry and picked it up instead of Maybellines loose powder. It makes my skin even more oily then it already is. It makes the blemishes look worse and the smell is so strong that I have to hold my breath when applying it. I am not even exaggerating. The top gets loose really quick. You get alot for the price. When you first put it on it "apprears" to cover really well. But thats probably because I applied so much with the poof it was an illusion. I don't care for this at all. But everyone is differnt and you don't know yourself unless you try it.

on 1/22/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this loose powder! I have tanned skin, and use Translucent Medium and it blends really well. I happen to love the CG Noxzema scent that's in most of their products! No breakouts either! I don't see any shimmer in this powder at all, I'm guessing that reviewers that mentioned the sparkles are using the Trublend loose powder (which does have a shimmer to it). It sets makeup well, and helps minimize pores, but does not dry out the skin at all. It might not work so well in the summer, I will update then.

on 1/9/2010 10:25:00 AM

I bought this product (translucent fair shade) because I usually wear Corn Silk's loose powder and was having trouble finding it anywhere. I like this powder, but the traditional "Cover Girl" scent of the powder, which has always reminded me of Calamine lotion, is awful! I think it works as well as Corn Silk's, but with the smell of it, I'll definitely look a little harder for Corn Silk next time. Summary: works good, smells awful!

on 1/5/2010 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister sent this to me from USA and this product is perfect for retouching. The product itself was ok, quite what I expected from Cover Girl, but I don't like the packaging. It is too big for retouching or putting inside my handbag, I always get the cover broken, and the applicator is too stuffy. I wish Cover Girl fix this.

I really like this product. I put it over my liquid foundation everyday to help control shine and give my face a smooth look. This product really gives people the impression that my skin is completely flawless.

on 1/10/2009 2:01:00 PM

Let me start off my saying, the smell is horrible. It`s so strong, i hate it. I also think it`s been irritating my skin, I have little pimples all over my cheeks and forehead that didn`t used to be there. It gives no coverage, when i first put it on it seems like my skin tone is evened out, but it doesn`t last. Wearing it alone just leaves shimmer and an hour later it`s like you didn`t put anything on at all. When i wear it over foundation it just looks cakey and and blemishes i have are enhanced. I noticed it also makes my skin greasy, after an hour or so i can see so much shine, i look gross.
Not a fan at all and it sucks, cause you get so much product for your money. I actually prefer the N.Y.C translucent powder and it`s like half the price.

on 12/27/2008 8:36:00 PM

This review I feel shoul be quite fair because I used up the whole jar thing already.
I had mixed thoughts... at first i loved it (it was my first loose powder) then I hated it...
Still HATE it... heres why:
___________________________________________________________
Packaging: The lid came off in my school bag like 5 thousand times already!! Why...... because its not a screw on lid! The powder goes all over the place when using it or just opening the container.
___________________________________________________________
Performance: Does not control shine..... makes me look dead... sits on top of my face and you can actually see that I'm wearing powder! Its seems like its on top of my skin.. not blended in. GROSS! Lasts for like 1 hour. It dosent work as a finishing powder, because if your foundation is looking perfect and you put this on overtop, your foundation now looks cakey and unnatural.
___________________________________________________________
Ladies, don't waste your money.

fist, i'm reviewing the proffesional loose powder, not the mineral one. i actually bought this about a year ago, but never used it, i'm not sure why. but i tried it just yesterday and it works great. uh, i think the people who said that there were sparkles is because they were talking about the mineral wear one. this one bearly has any shimmers. this loose powder works great with my oily-ish skin, (it gets oily when the weather is dry) and i prefer loose powder because it doesn't have the oil that press powders do. and this one is great. it gives u this dewy look, and it makes ur pores seem invisible. its great.

on 6/6/2008 5:57:00 AM

This is a decent loose powder. I don't normally use loose powder bc I have dry skin so it isn't neccessary. I've heard a lot of ladies use loose powder under their eyes b4 applying eyeshadow to catch the excess flakes so I picked it up for that purpose. The powder does not break me out (very important), it's transluscent therefore I don't have colour problems, there's enough product in that tub to last me a lifetime, so overall... I give this product 4 lippies.