September 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this loose powder! I have tanned skin, and use Translucent Medium and it blends really well. I happen to love the CG Noxzema scent that's in most of their products! No breakouts either! I don't see any shimmer in this powder at all, I'm guessing that reviewers that mentioned the sparkles are using the Trublend loose powder (which does have a shimmer to it). It sets makeup well, and helps minimize pores, but does not dry out the skin at all. It might not work so well in the summer, I will update then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I bought this product (translucent fair shade) because I usually wear Corn Silk's loose powder and was having trouble finding it anywhere. I like this powder, but the traditional "Cover Girl" scent of the powder, which has always reminded me of Calamine lotion, is awful! I think it works as well as Corn Silk's, but with the smell of it, I'll definitely look a little harder for Corn Silk next time. Summary: works good, smells awful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister sent this to me from USA and this product is perfect for retouching. The product itself was ok, quite what I expected from Cover Girl, but I don't like the packaging. It is too big for retouching or putting inside my handbag, I always get the cover broken, and the applicator is too stuffy. I wish Cover Girl fix this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lipglossloverr

I really like this product. I put it over my liquid foundation everyday to help control shine and give my face a smooth look. This product really gives people the impression that my skin is completely flawless.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by stephg4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start off my saying, the smell is horrible. It`s so strong, i hate it. I also think it`s been irritating my skin, I have little pimples all over my cheeks and forehead that didn`t used to be there. It gives no coverage, when i first put it on it seems like my skin tone is evened out, but it doesn`t last. Wearing it alone just leaves shimmer and an hour later it`s like you didn`t put anything on at all. When i wear it over foundation it just looks cakey and and blemishes i have are enhanced. I noticed it also makes my skin greasy, after an hour or so i can see so much shine, i look gross.
Not a fan at all and it sucks, cause you get so much product for your money. I actually prefer the N.Y.C translucent powder and it`s like half the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

This review I feel shoul be quite fair because I used up the whole jar thing already.
I had mixed thoughts... at first i loved it (it was my first loose powder) then I hated it...
Still HATE it... heres why:
___________________________________________________________
Packaging: The lid came off in my school bag like 5 thousand times already!! Why...... because its not a screw on lid! The powder goes all over the place when using it or just opening the container.
___________________________________________________________
Performance: Does not control shine..... makes me look dead... sits on top of my face and you can actually see that I'm wearing powder! Its seems like its on top of my skin.. not blended in. GROSS! Lasts for like 1 hour. It dosent work as a finishing powder, because if your foundation is looking perfect and you put this on overtop, your foundation now looks cakey and unnatural.
___________________________________________________________
Ladies, don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ibuytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

fist, i'm reviewing the proffesional loose powder, not the mineral one. i actually bought this about a year ago, but never used it, i'm not sure why. but i tried it just yesterday and it works great. uh, i think the people who said that there were sparkles is because they were talking about the mineral wear one. this one bearly has any shimmers. this loose powder works great with my oily-ish skin, (it gets oily when the weather is dry) and i prefer loose powder because it doesn't have the oil that press powders do. and this one is great. it gives u this dewy look, and it makes ur pores seem invisible. its great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This is a decent loose powder. I don't normally use loose powder bc I have dry skin so it isn't neccessary. I've heard a lot of ladies use loose powder under their eyes b4 applying eyeshadow to catch the excess flakes so I picked it up for that purpose. The powder does not break me out (very important), it's transluscent therefore I don't have colour problems, there's enough product in that tub to last me a lifetime, so overall... I give this product 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LeaveYourLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought at cvs since it was on sale. A lot of product in the container which is a plus. I tried it, I like it gives a nice glow but dont over apply because it looks to orange. I don't notice any smell . Overall its a decent product and I will continue to use it but its not my hg product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by suekaren

I love this loose powder! I have tried so many different kinds, from expensive department store brands to drug store brands and I like this one the best! I have light/medium skin tones with blonde hair and blue eyes and I use the translucent medium. Most other powders look too pasty but this one has just the right amount of color so I don't look so washed out! As far as the scent....I like it! It smells clean and the powder has a nice light texture. I will definitely stick with this powder!