October 31, 2014 | 1582 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Color Oops several times, but it's unpredictable what you'll get. Most of the time it always turns to a brassy strawberry blond-ish color for me. I will say for the most part it's not overly damaging, but I think I used the one that was supposed to be moisturizing. But when I went to a salon only a week after using it they couldn't believe that my hair was in that good of a condition. But this is something akin to bleaching. You are still lifting color out of your hair, and it can be just as damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by tinylove

I just finished drying my hair after washing out Color Oops Extra Strength and i'm amazed! I've been dying my hair black for at least the past 5 years and I was finally sick of it! I didn't want to bleach my hair or do a bleach cocktail so I decided to try Color Oops because we finall got it in Canada. I left it in a little longer then 20 minutes(an hr, oops!), then washed it out in the shower for about 25 minutes, going back and forth between my neutrogena clarifying shampoo & a head & shoulders shampoo and then left conditioner in my hair for another 10 minutes. My hair is back to my natural brown colour, and it's still soft and healthy looking! I'm amazed!! My ends are still a littler darker so i'll probably use another box on them but Color Oops did such a good job! I'd reccomend it to anyone wanting to go lighter or get rid of black!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by commercesd

My hair is very fine and slightly wavy. Even in my 50s, I have very little gray. I usually like to lighten it a shade or two and use a bronze type of brown. The Feria bronze browns are my favorite, and I really should have stuck with that.

I colored my hair with a foam product by John Frieda -- a medium golden brown that looked beautiful on the box. I've been coloring my hair myself for years. I was shocked to see that my hair came out nearly black.

I tried all the tricks to lighten it -- Prell, dish soap. It lightened very little. I thought perhaps I could manage and let it fade over time, but every time I saw myself in the mirror I just got depressed. The color was just way too dark for someone my age and skin tone.

After reading reviews, I decided to take a chance and boy am I ever glad that I did. The only one I could find in the store was the strongest version. I did the strand test and saw that it lightened it up a great deal.

I wanted to be prepared in case my hair came out too light. I couldn't get to the beauty supply to get protein filler to use before coloring again, so I decided to use the emergency Clairol Beautiful Brown warm golden brown I have on hand if necessary.

I followed the instructions to the letter. I found that I only needed half the bottle, since my hair is so fine. It is long, but I never have to use a whole bottle of anything on my hair!

I decided to process my hair for less time with the Color Oops since the test strand came out so light.

I kept checking the color during the processing time - and when my hair lightened to the shade desired- probably around 10-12 minutes total - immediately started the washing and rinsing process.

The key is to really follow that instruction about doing period strand tests. Don't just wait the whole 20 minutes. Depending on the type of hair you have and the dye process you used, you may not need to process the whole time. That could be why some people come out with orange hair.

It could be that I needed less time because I was using the extra strength.

I must say that 20 minutes of rinsing is a really, really long time. But I stuck it out to make sure all the stuff was rinsed out. My hair seemed a bit stiff. I conditioned it for 5 minutes and found that my hair is silky, a great color and seems to have more life than it did before using Color Oops.

My old stylist taught me some tricks -- one of which is a Godsaver that I will share. If a color comes out too light -- or your hair fades too fast - use a semi-perm color such as the Clairol Beautiful products... They have all shades in the beauty supply; I use the Beautiful Browns. They may have changed the name, but it comes in a small brown bottle and costs under $4. I can get 2 uses out of one bottle.

In my case, I did not need to recolor -- which was a relief. With my fine, thinning hair, I didn't want to be coloring it again right away.

But if my hair continues to fade too fast, I will just use the Clairol Beautiful Browns temporarily - until I think my hair is strong enough to endure another coloring process. But this time, it will be my tried and true Feria bronze color. No more John Frieda coloring products for me.

As for the price, it was on sale at Wags for 9.99 (regularly 14.99) - so that was great, too. Now if I would just have remembered to use the $1 off coupon I'd printed out, it would have been 8.99! Look online for coupons -- and don't forget to use them!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by SarahAshlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product pretty much did what it was supposed to do, and that is help fix mistakes. It never said it'd be perfect (it even gives you a warning I believe). The smell wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't awful. It didn't quite lift all the black from my constantly dyed, but naturally medium brown, but it did lift where my hair had been most recently dyed. Any part that had been dyed months back lifted a little bit, but nothing noticeable. However, where I had dyed my bangs blue previously, then black again, came out a coppery brown color (which works well to my advantage since it will soon be orange). I would not recommend this product to anyone who is impatient, picky, or wanting quick results.
I plan on trying it again if it's not as light as I hope after it dries completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LWFlorida67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been coloring my hair black for three years. My natural color is dark brown with copper highlights. I wanted to lighten up my hair to a more natural look and decided to give Color Oops a try and it worked! The smell is not that bad, some of these reviews are so dramatized. It's not as bad as a perm or hair color smell. I kept it on for 20 minutes and washed and rinsed my hair twice. Got my dark brown back. It does leave your hair very porous so I would wait a day or two before re-coloring if you plan too. It didn't damage my hair and my hair is very fine. I actually think it's in better condition because black hair color is the worst color you can put on your hair as far as damaging. It's worth the money. I paid $14 at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dennings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised how well this worked. I had dyed my hair about a month ago, and it came out too red. It was a semi-permanent color bu those always seem to act like permanent color with my hair! I didn't want to wait for the color to grow out. I used color oops and it totally worked, it removed the hair color and it just looks like my natural color. I didn't rinse for 20 minutes, more like 10. Washed it again, rinsed for 5 the second time. It worked!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kimlitt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Salt and Pepper hair that I love. It just seems REALLY white/bright in the summer when I have a tan. I thought I'd try something different and put in a brown color.
Well, it turned our REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DARK - almost black. I tried the dandruff shampoo, the vitamin C tablets - nothing worked. Tried this as a last resort. Well, its not brown/black anymore - it is a DARK AUBURN like color.
Tried it again today and this time there was no change at all. Pissed @ myself for even trying to dye it. Luckily I have a short, naturally curly do - I can cut it shorter and grow out the rest.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by imjmarquez

In my experience, this product worked wonderful! I've been dying my hair Black for the past three years! I bought it hoping it at least go back to my natural color Dark Brown. So when the twenty minutes were done i looked at it and i could see a little bit of fading. I though nothing if it. I really didn't think it was going to work anyways. So after I got out of the shower i was stunned! My hair was actually lighter then my natural hair color! This product is freaking amazing! The smell is bad but some people here exaggerated. And the smell does linger a little bit after you rinse your hair. But its all worth it. I am totally buying this again!... By the way i used the EXTRA STRENGTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Dustylove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Girls, this is a fantastic product. I dyed my hair "Dark Blonde" permanent color two weeks ago in an attempt to even out my past-shoulder length, fine hair, which was 1) dark brown/greyish roots, and 2) the rest an overbleached and many-colored blondes and light browns, all dull.
The result was too dark and very ashy. Also no shine.
I bought the Color Oops after reading all reviews and cautions (thanks everyone!).
I did exactly as instructed, including rinsing the full 20 minutes, 2nd shampoo, and rinsing another 5.
Then I deep conditioned, put on shower cap and towel, and waited 1 hour.
Rinsed out and air-dried.

My hair has NEVER LOOKED BETTER! It is a beautiful light golden blonde, curly and shiny. I feel like Taylor Swift!!! :+)

Altthough I plan to get that protein filler others recommended for next time I wash my hair just to strengthen it, I will leave it alone. It is glorious! I highly recommend Color Oops.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarieee

This product saved my hair! I dyed it with natural instincts semi permanent dark brown and it came out JET BLACK. I looked like a witch. My hair was literally dark as night. I tried hot oil treatments and all that jazz and it barely faded. So I decided to use color oops and I'm so thankful I did. It left me with a natural chestnut color. I was worried it was gonna be orange but it's not! The product doesn't even smell bad like people say.. at first I was like hey this smells good! Because it smelled very fruity.. but once I started applying it the smell kicked in. It doesn't smell like rotten eggs, more like car exhaust fumes. The smell does linger a tiny bit but it'll go away after you shower. It left my hair drier than usual obviously but it's not damaged. Overall I'm very pleased with this product and i'm so glad my hair isn't ugly black anymore.