Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip / Healthy Glow Bronzer

4.2

on 6/26/2010 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was at my local drugstore today and saw that there was a $3 off coupon for this product, so I got it for about $10, which was a great value. I first reached for it in the infamous 'Sunset Strip', but I found it a bit too dark for me, so I hesitated between Miami, and Waikiki (Peachy Glow Bronze), but ultimately chose this one because of the 'Healthy' aspect.
Although the product suggests to be used as a bronzer/blush, I use it for pretty much anything but that. I LOVE to use the different strips as eyeshadows. The colors are perfect for a beachy, glowy, summery eye look and are very easy and smooth to apply. The pigmentation is great and the colors are fantastic, either blended or alone.
So I use it mainly for eyeshadow, but I also like using the top color of this as a highlight for my cheekbones. It gives off a wonderful glow to enhance your features.
The packaging is nice, and doesn't bother me one bit.
I took off one lippie because it's waaaay too shimmery to use as a bronzer/blush. But, when you use it as eyeshadows, it's just so perfect that I had to give it 4 lippies.
Bottom Line: Get it if you're looking for a great set of summery/bronzy eyeshadows.
I would definitely re-purchase/ try out some different colors!

on 6/23/2010 3:23:00 PM

i really like this product, but i wouldn't really call it a bronzer. when i have tanned skin it gives me a beautiful glow when i use it as a highlight. the colours are also great to use as eyeshadow. it's a great product for the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for bronzers, but still looking for my HG. This is NOT something that should be used as a bronzer, as the other MAU have said, the colors are absolutely beautiful for eyeshadow or a highlighter. But I made the mistake of eagerly applying this as a bronzer before I went to work..big mistake. I looked like a ball of glitter, no thank you. The packaging is nice and sturdy, seeing as I've dropped it plenty. For a drugstore product it's sort of pricey but not unreasonable. As for now, I'll stick to Benefit's Hoola for Bronzer until something better comes along.

on 6/17/2010 12:28:00 AM

This certainly wasn't cheap for a drugstore product. I regret purchasing this, but I know I'll end up loving this like everyone else as soon as I get a little bit of natural sun. Right now I'm around NC10, so wearing this bronzer looked like the equivalent of rubbing brown oil on my face. It wasn't pretty, and I'm actually quite embarrassed that I wore this in public. Another thing: the smell! It's an odd little smell, I can't really describe it. But it's there. If I have better luck with this once I get a tan, I'll definitely update. Until then, I give this three lipsticks.

on 5/13/2010 4:13:00 PM

These are wonderful highlight colors over NARS Laguna Bronzer. Beautiful and pretty good quality.

on 4/11/2010 12:31:00 AM

I love using the fine frosty pink/gold on my lids to give my eyes. This gives makes me look awake, is a great dupe for a shimmer brick, and makes me feel pretty. The colors kind of run together after too many swipes, but it still works. true love.

I had used this product in the summer. it looked really pretty. but i had noticed a little goes a long way. If you put too much, then it just made my skin oily because it is very shimmery.
But overall it is a good product

on 12/23/2009 3:41:00 PM

I have to say I love this lil blusher. It is a lil much for a drug store item. It works so when your looking for a cheaper blusher then a Mac or Bobbi brown this is it. I use it as a blush all the time then build the darker colors for a bronzer. If you looka t the back of the case it is made in Italy. Not too bad lol Seeing as I am too. lol I do have to say it works well and I love the shades. I have not used it as eye shadow. I might why not? I have the baked shadows as well and love them. This just glides on and looks great. My daughter is 20 and she was like I want one. She loves it too.

on 12/7/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this. i would never use it as eyeshadow though, its too shimmery and chalky for it. but its really really awesome for giving an all over glow.

when i go out or am dressing up for an occassion i always swirl all the colors and dust all over my shoulders and arms and chest. it looks so awesome and not over the top. just shimmery like a victorias secret model.

its ok on the face, if you want the same glow, but i dont really use it as a contour or bronzer, its too shimmery so it makes you look dirty if you put too much on. but for all over shimmer and glowiness, its awesome! i love this strip the most since the brown color is the darkest.

i like the packaging too, its sleek. but the one i own sometimes is hard to open, i think its just the one i bought though. i have another in vegas strip and it opens fine.

on 10/18/2009 3:14:00 PM

Love this stuff. I went away for the weekend with my camera-happy cousins. I looked like a ghost in every single picture I was in, until my cousin had me try this stuff out. I put it on and I looked like I had a healthy glow in every other picture I took that night. I notice the glow in person as well and I don't feel like it makes me look dirty. Never would have thought to try this stuff but I'm so glad I did... I'll definitely repurchase again and again...

Popular Bronzers