April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by karencherries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this perfume has notes of marshmallow and patchouli, which for me are two notes i can't stand. and i still somehow like this perfume!

it's soft, sweet and floral and first spray. dries down to a nice musky with a touch of spice. beautiful, long lasting. try it, wear it for awhile and then decide for yourself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

On me, this one goes from super heavy to a tiny and tame caramel in no time. When - and if- I kind of recover from the super heavy, almost sweaty opening, Pleasures Delight has already dried down to a nice, polite, soft skin scent caramel. I don't think this is worth the opening shock and I find it a tad too nice. Eventually, what gets carved into my memory is the scary, heavy opening.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kittybrmow

When I first applied this yesterday I immediately thought of Angel by Thiery Mugler. I think this is a cheaper alternative if you like that perfume. I would not buy again since it gives me a headache and it's very heady.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by marerahappy

This is, of all my fragrances, the one my husband prefers, even more than the ones he's purchased for me himself, lol.
I've blindfolded him and had him smell each and every bottle of fragrance in my collection, this was the winner by far :)
It is not an everyday perfume, but excellent for an special outing/night or for ones of those days you feel like an ! mark :)
This bottle will last me a long time, will repurchase mostly because my hubby likes it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by eav5445

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice perfume. It is very sweet and pretty strong, something that can give you a headache if you're very sensitive to scent.
However, it is very alluring and very exotic. I usually wear this on a date or out at night, just because to me it represents femininity... but not in a quiet or shy way
Definitely a must-try, but like I said not something every woman will like!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by tempest322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that I like Pleasures Delight very much. I did not expect to like it based on the list of notes (sounded way too sweet for my taste), but what I enjoy here is the contrast of the sweet, syrupy opening (I get strawberry + marshmallowy sugar) with the definite hit of patchouli as it dries down. This is a clean rather than a dirty patchouli, but it is very evident, and, I think, very nice. It keeps Pleasures Delight firmly in the "adult" category, as opposed to the sugary stuff marketed to more of a teen audience. It would say it is definitely more of a gourmand scent than a fruity floral. It is comparable to Miss Dior Cherie -- I like both of them -- but there is a sharpness to MDC that is missing here -- I would say Pleasures Delight is a smoother scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a small bottle on ebay because it was on my long list, based on a testing of it several years ago. I was too lazy to go to a mall to re-test, lol! I hate the mall! Well, it arrived, and I'm wearing it. I'm very much enjoying the marshmallowy sweetness. I really wanted that quality, and my favorite of that type of fragrance is Love by Killian, but that one is waaay too expensive for my pocketbook. However, unlike Love, Pleasures Delight has a heavy hit of patchouli. I had forgotten just how potent it is. It does, eventually, seem to lighten up somewhat, but if you are someone who does not enjoy a strong dose of patchouli you might want to look elsewhere for a sweet, dessert-like fragrance. I'll probably wear this more in cold weather. It's a bit much for summer. We'll see. I'm still on the fence, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I think it's quite well done actually. I'm just not sure yet whether or not it's for me. I want to love it, and I'm *almost* there. :-) Agree it's an Angel clone, but it also has enough differences to warrant a closer look, imo. Patchouli aside, Angel is more like caramel & praline, while Pleasures Delight has more of a warm spun sugar or strawberryish marshmallow quality. Angel's berries are cooked in brown sugar. Pleasures Delight is pure refined imitation strawberry flavored sugar syrup. There is a shade of gradation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SilkFinch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Once I figured out that my Miss Dior Cherie was not working out for me, I tried looking for something remotely similar to fill the gap. Mind that I say remotely similar! Pleasures Delight is way more complex and grown-up, but still sweet and gourmand. I like it a lot more, and the scent is way better crafted, in my opinion. I love it, and while I just finished off my sample bottle, I can't wait to get a full sized. Hopefully some of my family will take the hint and get me one for Christmas or something. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice light scent that lasts all day even with one squirt. Caution one squirt is all you need or it will become over powering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite fragrances. To me it smells sort of like a lighter more wearable version of TM Angel. It is a gourmand scent and still is complex enough not to smell too young. It goes on slightly strong, but lightens up fairly quick. This is a big hit with men, my DH likes it and I work with mostly men and have received many complements on this one.