September 19, 2014 | 1827 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

Maybe it's my fault but when I told the shop assistant that I might get tanned a little bit more after a few weeks in the summer, she decided to give me NC40 and oh my god, no matter how much I tried to expose my face under the sun and went tanning, I haven't been able to achieve the color of foundation. So it's really a waste now for me and I feel so bad since it's quite expensive :(( :(( :((. By the way, I think it's foundation is quite cakey to me, too...

A turn-off from Lancome ( even though I'm a fan of Lancome lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by robynrhea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have dry skin and it seems to make my skin look flawless. It lasts on my skin all day and it feels like I dont have any makeup on. I bought the revlon colorstay after running out of this because i didnt have the money to re-purchase this and I didnt really like it, then going back to this (what was left in the bottle) I realized why I love it so much and how much better it was than the revlon colorstay. I love this foundation, and although it is expensive, it is worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a wide range of colours, try a few to find one that works best. The colour match is comparable to L'Oreal True Match fluid. Unfortunately, it is also about the same quality without the lasting coverage. Drying, surprisingly difficult to apply as it sets quickly into streaks. Left flakes behind after going splotchy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this a cosmetics counter and the colour match was great. Finding a colour match is very tricky for me. The closest I have found so far is Shu Uemura but the shade is a little dark. I was hoping this was my answer but after trying a sample i was disapointed. It has zero lasting power, and it wears off unevenly, clinging to imperfections and highlighting flaws. I'm generally a fan of sheer foundation because I don't like to look made up. However, this does not look natural, or give coverage. I gave it 2 lippies instead of 1 for colour match but I couldn't give it any more because it's just unflattering as a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by spokadoka

This is the perfect foundation for me and i'm totally bummed that i'm running out after a year and a half of using the same bottle!

To start I do get the occasional pimple (my skin isnt perfect) but this product isnt the cause. This foundation is very sheer and silky with a wonderful light smell. i personally find this foundation moisturizing probably due to the fact that i dont have dry skin, evenly applies even with my fingers, dries matte, and gives enough coverage for my under eye area and what pimples i might have (i dont use concealer unless i have a MAJOR pimple).

I have combination skin, oiliest part being my nose when i wake, second chin (foreheads rarely gets oily) so i dont need heavy coverage to clog up my pores (this is a medium/sheer foundation). This foundation doesnt grease up on me or slide, it gives me a wonderful natural look that looks flawless. Even on those lazy days when i come home late and am too tired to cleanse my face, never have i woken up the next day with a break out from this product.

I love love love my foundation :) The price is worth it considering how long it's lasted, it doesnt cause breakouts, it applies wonderfully, looks natural, and gives me the medium coverage i need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you or anyone you know could use this in III-20(C) please let me know. I'll give it away. I ended up with this color because of a wrong item description in a sale and it's totally not my color. Pics are in my swap. Sorry this isn't a review, but if that's your color and you're looking to try it let me know because it's yours.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by mashafromrussia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible foundation!

Pros:

The colour suited me perfectly (the lightest shade), and I really struggle to find a foundation that is pale enough for me and is yellow based.

Cons:

- Accentuates ANY flakiness (even in spots where you thought you didn't have any). My face looked like it was cracking from drying and flaking an hour after I put this on. I do have some flaky patches, but this made it even worse (and yes, I did exfoliate and moisturise properly, and have oily skin, not dry.)

- Coverage is very very sheer, pretty much useless

- Doesn't last at all, slides off in uneven patches

- Bottle is made of glass. The time when I did drop it, a bit of the base broke off, but thankfully the bottle stayed intact.

- Expensive and not worth the money at all.

I think the only people who can wear this foundation are those who have near perfect skin to begin with, and even then you might want to find something better for the same price or less. This was my first foundation that I bought for my school formal (prom) and was still naive, thinking that I get what I pay for and that Lancome would only make good quality stuff. Not in this case!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

My 10 year old niece knew more about make up than the lady at the counter who recommended this foundation to me. She saw my pale skin (somewhere around NC/NW15-20, I’M WEIRD) and immediately gave me the lightest shade! THAT WOULDN’T BE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM if it weren’t for the fact that this foundation disappears THREE hours after being applied. REALLY.

I have combo skin and I’ve tried it with and without moisturizer and with and without primer. I HATE IT! It disappears so quickly that I think they meant to call it “Color Ideal” because after 4 hours you see your skin’s true color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't need much or any coverage really, and so don't usually wear any foundation. I got this to add some colour to my face on days when i look paler than a corpse in a morgue. The light texture sounded beguiling, great, no gunky heavy muck on me. I have very fine textured skin, no spots, no blemishes but a few open pores from steaming my face as a teen and no doubt smoking. I'm often told by the blind I've beautiful skin, but not with this on, my skin looked like that of a painted old bat, every year I've lived etched into my face, which looked heavy, nasty and over done and every pore looked as big as a football. I would wear this to repel unwanted attention from males, for that it really is ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jayne20

If you are thinking of getting this foundation, my advice will be there are other options out there that are way better (cheaper) than Colour Ideal.
To be honest, I don't find it to be any different from drug store brands. I can't help feeling that I am just paying $$ more for something that is about the same quality as Loreal. I use it everyday and I feel "blah" when I use it if you know what I mean.
PS: I only brought it because I hated the serviced I got from MAC the day I went shopping for foundation.