Supre Hempz Herbal Moisturizer

4.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Propanediol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 40, Nylon-12, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Methylisothiazolinone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Eugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Methyl 2-Octynoate.

on 7/8/2013 4:17:00 PM

I purchased a bottle from Amazon for around $10 including shipping to find out what all the hype is about. Great deal, considering how much this stuff goes for at places like Ulta. The original smells like banana to me. Not crazy about the scent, but it's okay and tolerable. I don't think I will repurchase because I prefer something a little thicker that coats me, even in painfully hot 100+ Texas weather. Hempz is light and not super intensive moisture-wise.

*UPDATE*
I recently got a mild sunburn and decided to keep using my Hempz, instead of treating with the usual aloe, etc. This stuff has turned out to be great for sunburns! While I'm still red/pink, the burn doesn't hurt. My forehead and nose got the worst of it. Even though I'm very cautious of what I put on my face, I decided to use this on it and so far so good. Now if only I could put this on my sunburned scalp!

on 4/23/2013 9:01:00 AM

I have been using this for years and I will continue to use this for years, as long as its available I will always buy!!! It smells great, its THE best moisturizer I have ever had the pleasure of using and its long lasting. This an H.G. for me and will always be an H.G for me <3 <3 <3

This is such an awesome lotion. I know it's expensive, 23 dollars at Ulta. But if you look on Amazon, the deals are much better. I got mine for 11 or 12. As for the product itself, it's so nice and smooth and the smell isn't overpowering but just right. I just got it in the mail, and it's not warm out yet but I've heard it's nicely used for tanning which I can imagine. I love the product overall!! Best lotion ever.

on 4/5/2013 12:27:00 AM

This is my HG summer moisturizer. Since I tend to get in the sun it's nice to have something tailored to that. It has a fresh smell, almost like bubble gum? Not cloying or unpleasant though. I'll keep buying this as long as they keep making it -- although not at the tanning salon, because that's where it goes from $ to $$$.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've always loved whatever lotion they use at my nail salon - the scent, the consistency, everything. I didn't really want to ask, but while at a salon supply store I tried the lavendar and pink (colored) Hempz lotion - and that's is it! Hempz lotion is exactly what they use :D

It isn't a cheap lotion by any means, but price isn't too bad depending on where you buy it.

I tried the Moist Hemp lotion from Sally's and sadly it doesn't compare in moisture - and it stinks!

on 1/21/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! Smells good, feels good, lasts long- awesome!

on 12/27/2012 3:44:00 PM

I've loved this lotion for years! But now I can finally feel ok with buying it. When I first found it, it was 40 dollars at hair & tanning salons. Now I buy it at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for 12. I always buy 2 or 3 bottles at time.

I love it. It leaves my skin feeling richly moisturized with out a greasy layer of some super moisturizing lotions. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft in a healthy way not in an overly lotioned up way. I can use it on my hands without worrying about leaving greasy fingerprints everywhere.
It is one of the few lotions that doesn't make my freshly shaved legs burn.
I really like the smell. It's a clean smell thats a little herbal/nature-y. It's a scent that the men in my house don't mind using. Actually, they love it.

on 11/18/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this for $13.99 + shipping and for that price I will sooo repurchase!! The first time buying this I was not willing to fork out $23, but after using it it really is worth that. My skin gets so dry and flaky in the winter and I am very picky about what lotions I like: I want quality ingredients, good smell that doesn't overwhelm and most importantly no greasy feel! I will never use a lotion if it doesn't sink in quickly. Even though this moisturizer is on the thicker side it is easy to smooth into your skin and absorbs really quickly! I have the pomegranate scent currently and it smells very clean, fresh, and subtle - it is not a sickly-sweet fruit scent at all. My whole body is smoother from using this for just a few days, even my boyfriend and mom noticed. I can't wait to try other scents - someone said citrus blossom smells like sweet tarts so I might have to try that one next! But I'm sure the others won't be far behind!

on 10/6/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I picked this up last week at my local salon because I had a little discount for volunteering my hair for practice. Anyhow, I tested out the sample and really loved the way it went on. I think I paid $17 for the bottle, which is def steep for lotion in my book. I usually use Nivea lotions and creams.

I like it overall. It's a nice lightweight lotion, that feels really nice. It's not super intensive, but does the job. I love that it rubs in quickly and doesn't leave me with that "Ew, I just put on lotion" feel.

So, you're probably asking yourself why I only give this 3 lippies. BECAUSE THE SMELL IS AWFUL! Okay, that was a little dramatic. It doesn't really hit you as obnoxious until you have worn it a few times and you realize that you smell like a bottle of bubblegum antibiotics that you took when you were a kid. My boyfriend used it in a pinch, and I really realized that I just can't stand it. I look forward to trying it in one of their other scents, but the original is no bueno.

on 10/4/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

2.5 lippie. I don't know what the hype is about this moisturizer. I also saw that on a morning TV program that praise this product.
It is about as good as my Curel body lotion, but costs 2.5 times more.
I got mine at Sally, not particularly excellent, not bad either.
What I don't like about it is that overly strong scent, a synthetic clean melon scent that inhibits me to slather it on.
To make it more useful, I mix this with my unscented Curel, otherwise I smell like a fruit for a couple hours.
Will not re-purchase.