October 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Masks - Korres - Wild Rose Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay brightening mask. I just finished using mine-I always wait till I've used a product up before reviewing it, since the initial love or/hate that sometimes comes with using a product for a few days can change. What I love about it is the smell! To me it's roses and cinnamon mixed together, but that's just to my nose. It's a nice consistency for a cream mask, not to heavy not to light like a lotion. After I washed my face, I would slather this on, once a week, for 15 minutes, sometimes 20. After I rinse the cream off, I'm left with a brighter complexion, which is definitely nice. But I notice the effects would only last for a short time. I would put the mask on at night and I'd have that brightened complexion, but by morning the effect was completely gone. I've tried the entire Wild Rose line from Korres and it's left me un-impressed. The effects are all short lived. The only thing that really impressed me with this mask was the smell. I would not buy again. I'd rather spend my money on products that really make my skin better, not that just give the illusion of better skin for a short while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by isingonrooftops

Well, I usually don't use masks, but this was included in the Korres Wild Rose Triple Benefits Collection (which I bought for the serum and the moisturizer), so I thought, "Hell, why not try it?" It's pretty good, although I didn't really notice much of a brightening effect, because the serum and moisturizer already work so well on their own. I do love how it doesn't dry out my skin like other masks. For anyone who enjoys using Korres Wild Rose Skincare, I recommend buying the Triple Benefits Collection, because the serum is $41 on its own, and the moisturizer is $35 on its own. However, you can get them both, along with the mask for just $52 which is an amazing bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I can say is WOW! I read good reviews and had a sample packet so thought I would try it one night. Holy geez it made my skin look great! I immediately bought it afterward from korres.com and can't wait until it gets here :o)

The smell does smell like faint roses. I was a bit worried because my skin usually hates fragrance but I didn't have any irritation from this.

My skin is combo, with oily forehead and dry cheeks. I have large pores on my cheeks and forehead, clogged pores/bumps on my forehead and have some redness to my face. After I washed off the mask I was amazed! The redness in my face was gone. The bumps on my forehead seemed smaller (although they were still there), and my skin really did look brighter! I've never seen such immediate results in a product before. Unfortunately the results didn't last longer than a day, but I'm hoping once I start using it regularly 1-2x a week the results will stay :o)

Ingredients: Water, CI77891, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter), C12-13 Alkyl Lactate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Rosa Canina Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Mannitol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Dextrin, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ferulic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isohexadecane, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Panthenol, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate-80, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Phytate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

I think this is a pretty good product. Contrary to most reviewers, I actually LOVE the smell of this mask. It's so feminine and I can smell just a hint of it after it's been on my face for awhile. I feel very luxe, haha. As for what it claims, I think this did a pretty good job overall of toning my skin--it looked clearer and tighter and my skin definitely felt smoother, and the results can be seen the day after, not just right after taking the mask off. I used it last night and noticed my moisturizer and makeup went on a lot smoother this morning. I don't really think it whitens the skin as I didn't see much of a difference there but I don't actually know if a mask can even have those immediate effects on skin color without harming your skin somewhat. I apply it for about 30 min and then rinse off with warm water and a washcloth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by dpav

I am on my first jar. This cute little brightening mask did what it promises. It brightens up my complexion and gives it a glow. And the result did last for a few days, not just the few hours after I use the mask. I don't find the smell too offensive, but at the same time, I'm not crazy about having a strong fragrance of rose on my mask. I have also used this very close to eyes, and there is no adverse reaction. But I hate the packaging. Why a jar. Particularly, there is no preservative, it's very unsanitized to dip into the jar. Will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by VintageVixen87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mask is amazing! I love the thick texture and how easily is smoothes on. It tingles a little bit but I like it. I leave it on for about ten minutes and remove it before it's completely dry. It leaves my skin looking fresh and glowing. After using it and other Korres skin products for two weeks now I have noticed a major difference in my skin tone and texture! I never thought that'd be possible!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

Bottom line: yuck. I was super excited to try my sample based on the reviews here. I even asked my husband to come in after I washed it off to see if he noticed a difference. His reaction was polite terror. It was terrible! It looked as though I had attempted to bleach my face instead of brighten it. You could even see where I didn't get close enough to my hairline. Gross! I washed with water again because it felt like it left a film on my skin, and I thought that was the whiteness we saw. No luck, still a white wash! I washed with my HG cleanser to get off all the gunk. Edited to add: I'm fairly pale with normal/dry skin. To look even paler was not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by holymolely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product but while I am far from being disappointed, I can't claim that it to be a miraculous result either. I like it fine, but am continuing to look for better alternatives.

It is a great mask but I feel like the results are very temporary. Yes, your skin would look radiant and brighter right after you use it but it my skin would return to looking dull after 1-2 days. Maybe I just have unfair expectations of this mask.
In any case, it is a very smoothing mask, I love the smell and since it is priced reasonably I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by prettyvivid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am a skeptic. and i hate masks.
this was an afterthought. but the second i put it on. i could feel it. all of my cystic acne scars were tingling....
my skin instantly looked brighter and glowey. this product is amazing. and i love the price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Swtest2lips2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really brightens the skin! After applying this mask on for 20-25 min, I can really see a difference in my skin tone. Downside is the brightening effects do not last very long but its ok. The mask is very moisturizing and smells like roses. Lovely scent. The tub lasts forever because all you need is a dime sized amount.