April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by annahch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is a lifesaver. It has dramatically reduced the number of breakouts I get when stressed or hormonal, and eradicated a number of spots I had on my cheek in a matter of days. It's quite gentle, despite being a more active cleanser than the Crealine version. I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any dryness for me (paradoxically, the Crealine one formulated for sensitive skin did cause dry patches). I noticed a difference in my skin's appearance and tone in under a week of using it in the morning and night. The only downside is the price - in Australia, it is horrendously expensive. But my skin has never looked this good, so I will definitely be buying another bottle when mine runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by GlamPoppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and I just love it! I used to have very oily, acne prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this product. It really helped a lot, improved my skin's overall appearance. Obviously it didn't happen overnight but it did help me getting rid of most of my acne. What's really good about it that it doesn't have any alcohol in it, yet it cleans the skin perfectly. It doesn't irritate my skin, never dries it. The best cleanser in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first used the Bioderma cleanser for sensitive skin (Sensibio) and loved it. When it was time to repurchase, I decided to try the Sébium version for combination or oily skin, as that is what I have.

Performance wise, I found it to be identical to the Sensibio version. It removed all my makeup, except waterproof mascara. It does so easily and leaves skin feeling clean and without any residue. I didn't notice any skincare benefits with regards to combating oiliness or preventing breakouts. Perhaps this cleanser is slightly harsher than the sensitive skin version, but not so much that I could spot the difference.

The drawback for me is that, unlike Sensibio, this has a strong floral scent, almost like perfume. While the scent is not unpleasant, it was a bit strong and I didn't like the idea of using perfumed liquid on my eyes. Since the only difference between Sensibio and Sébium was the scent, at least in my experience, I will go back to using unscented Sensibio. If you enjoy floral fragrances in your makeup remover, then by all means, use Sébium H2O.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stung my eyes and left me with breakouts. Not sure what this is really good for. I use to clean my brushes and to clean up makeup mistakes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by 1990ardus

GREAT FACE CLEANSER FOR OILY & COMBINATION SKIN, YOU WILL NOTICE DIFFERENCE WITHIN A DAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by iamoneoak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a super gentle but really effective cleansing water that even removes waterproof mascara. Much less expensive compared to other brands: Caudalie $3.88/oz, Koh Gen Do $3.84/oz, Bioderma $1.93/oz

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Belgium as up to a few months ago it was not sold in Italy. I bought a two 500ml pack on offer in a chemists at 19 euros so I think it was a jolly good deal. The product is really straightforward to use: just pour a little bit on a cotton pad and go all over your face. It seems so unassumingly transparent but it works really well to take off my face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover). I also use it if I'm home and not wearing makeup to freshen my face as I get really oily during the day. It has had no negative effect on my acne-prone skin so so far so good! I would recommend this totally!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

An emphatic YES on "would I buy this again"! This is the best skincare product I've ever purchased. If I had to use only one thing, it would be this. This takes off all my makeup, I do take my eye makeup off with a separate eye makeup remover. This leaves my face clean and calm and perfectly balanced. This is my cleanser and toner and when done I don't feel the need to use moisturizer, maybe in the winter though. My skin looks so good that I have honestly cut out the extras in my skincare and really rely on this alone. So glad I found this! I recommend it to everyone with acne-prone or combination skin types. Update: Still loving this, I'm on my 3rd bottle and have introduced friends to this miracle. A word of warning: this will make your skin purge initially but within a week or so it should be smoothe sailing. I couldn't imagine life without this product, I wouldn't use anything else if it were offered to me for free. Update: I still love this stuff, however, when I find at times my skin is oilier, I will use the foaming gel version of this and it helps control oil better for those that have oilier skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This works well to remove my minimal facial makeup - powder and a touch of concealer, so sunscreen or foundation. I use the Crealine h2o version for my eye makeup, after applying argan oil if I've worn something other than my standards - highlighter and a tiny bit of brown eyeliner.
As an oily and clog prone type, this could never be my "main" cleanser, but I do think my skin has improved a bit since I started using this version on my face instead of the original, and I definitely notice a difference if I don't use either.

Complaints:
Dye - why?
Fragrance - again...really?
Have to order it online, though that's not Bioderma's fault is it?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is good for removing makeup on the face without making it feel oily or stripped. However, do caution against using it on your eye area. This made my eyes sting and it did not remove my waterproof mascara at all. Will update after longer use to see if it helps improve my skin condition.