October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by katiesham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really, really love this product. I've almost finished my first bottle (500ml) and am looking to get a second. I've been using this as my main cleanser and it's worked wonders on my skin. I still get hormonal breakouts, but this coupled with a drying lotion and my acne is generally kept at bay. I've only used this in the winter so far, and it is a little drying on my face, but I attribute most of that to the season. I haven't found that it removes my eye makeup and definitely not anything waterproof, but I use the Mac Cleanse Off Oil for that. It removes even stubborn foundation like the Revlon Colorstay, but it might take a second go with another cotton pad. This stuff is wonderful. I've been considering buying the Sensibo formula, but I think I like this too much to switch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So the Sebium is meant for combination/oily skin.

While I have oily skin (which can get dehydrated), I did not like this product all too much. I think it takes off make-up rather well, but I did find that my skin felt tight and uncomfortable after using this product. Using it on my eyes also left some stinging.

When I used the Sensibio, I would wake up the next morning feeling like my complexion was nicer and softer. I never noticed this with the Sebium. The Sensibio did not irritate my skin and did a great job of removing make-up -- maybe even a little better than the Sebium.

The only thing is that these cleansers don't work too well on super waterproof mascara/eye make-up.
Neither left any residue after use but I have noticed that if I don't wash after using the Sebium, I do break out. This does not happen with the Sensibio.

Overall, even though I have oily skin, I would recommend Sensibio over the Sebium.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and live in a humid tropical climate but am mostly indoors in air-conditioned settings. Between using this and the Sensibio H2O, the Sensibio was better.

I found this harsh and drying. My face felt very tight after use. Also, I tended to break out in small whiteheads around my mouth.

I find their Sebium line is not compatible with my skin as I used their moisturiser and that gave me a MAJOR full-face breakout overnight and continued for 3 nights even after I stopped using the product.

Between this and Sensibio, try Sensibio to be on the safe side.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by annahch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is a lifesaver. It has dramatically reduced the number of breakouts I get when stressed or hormonal, and eradicated a number of spots I had on my cheek in a matter of days. It's quite gentle, despite being a more active cleanser than the Crealine version. I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any dryness for me (paradoxically, the Crealine one formulated for sensitive skin did cause dry patches). I noticed a difference in my skin's appearance and tone in under a week of using it in the morning and night. The only downside is the price - in Australia, it is horrendously expensive. But my skin has never looked this good, so I will definitely be buying another bottle when mine runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by GlamPoppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and I just love it! I used to have very oily, acne prone skin and my dermatologist recommended this product. It really helped a lot, improved my skin's overall appearance. Obviously it didn't happen overnight but it did help me getting rid of most of my acne. What's really good about it that it doesn't have any alcohol in it, yet it cleans the skin perfectly. It doesn't irritate my skin, never dries it. The best cleanser in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first used the Bioderma cleanser for sensitive skin (Sensibio) and loved it. When it was time to repurchase, I decided to try the Sébium version for combination or oily skin, as that is what I have.

Performance wise, I found it to be identical to the Sensibio version. It removed all my makeup, except waterproof mascara. It does so easily and leaves skin feeling clean and without any residue. I didn't notice any skincare benefits with regards to combating oiliness or preventing breakouts. Perhaps this cleanser is slightly harsher than the sensitive skin version, but not so much that I could spot the difference.

The drawback for me is that, unlike Sensibio, this has a strong floral scent, almost like perfume. While the scent is not unpleasant, it was a bit strong and I didn't like the idea of using perfumed liquid on my eyes. Since the only difference between Sensibio and Sébium was the scent, at least in my experience, I will go back to using unscented Sensibio. If you enjoy floral fragrances in your makeup remover, then by all means, use Sébium H2O.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stung my eyes and left me with breakouts. Not sure what this is really good for. I use to clean my brushes and to clean up makeup mistakes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by 1990ardus

GREAT FACE CLEANSER FOR OILY & COMBINATION SKIN, YOU WILL NOTICE DIFFERENCE WITHIN A DAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by iamoneoak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a super gentle but really effective cleansing water that even removes waterproof mascara. Much less expensive compared to other brands: Caudalie $3.88/oz, Koh Gen Do $3.84/oz, Bioderma $1.93/oz

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Belgium as up to a few months ago it was not sold in Italy. I bought a two 500ml pack on offer in a chemists at 19 euros so I think it was a jolly good deal. The product is really straightforward to use: just pour a little bit on a cotton pad and go all over your face. It seems so unassumingly transparent but it works really well to take off my face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover). I also use it if I'm home and not wearing makeup to freshen my face as I get really oily during the day. It has had no negative effect on my acne-prone skin so so far so good! I would recommend this totally!