September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Volume Shocking Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this a few years ago and really disliked it. Not a very good mascara for me. Seemed to clump and irritated my eyes. I didn't really like the packaging either, it was just kind of weird to me. Overall I would never buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by conconleac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know exactly how to rate this product, but is bad.
This clumps and flakes. You don't even need to wait a long time for it flake. And when you apply it it clumps right away.
Won't last long, the wands aren't the best. Is not worth the price and neither the package. It uses too muck plastic and paper, and we are just discard it.
Is not very comfortable to use, because of the form of it and its wands.

I think I give this a three, girls, not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by girlwithdeepthoughts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, i hated this mascara.
all my lashes stuck together in their own little groups.
but after using his for 2 months i've found a very strange way to apply this & it works for me!

1. curl lashes.
2. apply the primer.
3. wait to dry.
4. apply the black mascara to the very tips of your lashes this will lengthen them.
5. then i just go from the roots of my lashes then upwards.

i agree with alot of people when they say this mascara is hard to remove. but for me i use a make up wipe then i use an oil-based make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ilovebuddy22

Well I guess I was the only one lucky enough to have great results with this mascara!! It really lengthens and volumizes my super short eyelashes. I'm constantly looking in the mirror because I can't believe how my eyelashes are touching my eyebrows. No other mascara has been able to do this for me ever! And I am a mascara whore : )
I don't see how so many girls had problems with clumping because It's never happened to me with this mascara. Well all mascara's don't work on everyone so I guess it just depends. I would definitely buy this mascara again and again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by sparkledazzle

Hard to get the hang of the mascara comb for the actual color. If you are not careful, your lashes will tend to stick together- not nice. I haven't had problems getting it off. But I have had to use a oil based eye makeup remover to get it off. All in all, it's ok if you can get it on right the first run thru- if not, your may be stuck with clumpy but thick lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by emmiej

I love big lashes and expected this mascara to deliver - it delivers BIG, but only if you want BIG clumps, BIG ugly fused-together spidery looking lashes, and BIG black smears under your eyes that even the best make-up remover cannot budge.

The two-step clear primer and black coat are a waste of time. I found the black formula so thick that I had to skip the primer to tone down the gloopiness, and even then, you can't burrow the brush into the base of your lashes to achieve thickness and length because you end up with clumps and smears.

I still give it a 2/5 because it does deliver an okay lash stain with no volume if you use a very light hand (and forget the primer), but given this product is called "Volume Shocking", why would you bother trying to tone it down?

It is almost impossible to remove with even a specialist waterproof eye make-up cleanser, and day after day you end up raking on mascara on top of old mascara. Awful.

Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by FayFey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its terrible, its horrible, its a disaster! Please stay away from it unless you like clumpy, heavy, and hard to remove mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS:
I like the primer! The primer has a good brush, applies w/o much difficulty.
Does leave my lashes looking really voluminous! (after I spend awhile w/my lash comb getting out the clumps...)
CONS:
While I liked the idea of a comb for the mascara part, it wasn't practical at all--it clumped terribly even after I tried to get off the excess product. I had to use a lash comb to try and salvage the situation (a plastic lash comb is not ideal).
Diffiicult to remove.
Spendy. Even though mine was BOGOF for L'Oreal eye products, I don't feel that this mascara is worth even the $6 (orig price around $12).
The package is very bulky (not a prob for me personally since I don't carry around mascara in my bag usu, but just thought I'd mention it!)

Overall, more trouble than it's worth! I'll be looking for better products. I've been wanting a metal lash comb anyways, so I might see if that helps me use up this mascara w/o my lashes looking too clumptastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by besobeso

Terrible product. This is the kind of nightmare mascara that you always hope to avoid. MAJOR clumpage and gave me raccoon eyes. Looked totally unnatural because of how much it clumped. If you do more than one stroke, forget it. It's impossible to use both sides together. The worst part is trying to get it off. I ripped out a lot of eyelashes trying to pull the clumps out and this was with makeup remover!

Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by pepperlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, very pricy for a drugstore mascara and takes a lifetime for it to dry. I didn't appreciate the primer because it didn't lengthen mine (although I have long, thick and voluminous lashes). The black mascara was soo heavy that it literally made my eye droop. It was this wierd comb paddle brush design wand (i don't know how to describe it in the first place). Nothing "shocking" at all, it was like a disaster waiting to happen to you. The packaging was very bulky and it was unhandy. God, if the beautiful Aishwarya Rai didn't advertise it, I guess the stocks would drop down low.