L'Oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof

2.8

on 11/13/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't know exactly how to rate this product, but is bad.
This clumps and flakes. You don't even need to wait a long time for it flake. And when you apply it it clumps right away.
Won't last long, the wands aren't the best. Is not worth the price and neither the package. It uses too muck plastic and paper, and we are just discard it.
Is not very comfortable to use, because of the form of it and its wands.

I think I give this a three, girls, not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

At first, i hated this mascara.
all my lashes stuck together in their own little groups.
but after using his for 2 months i've found a very strange way to apply this & it works for me!

1. curl lashes.
2. apply the primer.
3. wait to dry.
4. apply the black mascara to the very tips of your lashes this will lengthen them.
5. then i just go from the roots of my lashes then upwards.

i agree with alot of people when they say this mascara is hard to remove. but for me i use a make up wipe then i use an oil-based make up remover.

on 10/16/2009 3:28:00 AM

Well I guess I was the only one lucky enough to have great results with this mascara!! It really lengthens and volumizes my super short eyelashes. I'm constantly looking in the mirror because I can't believe how my eyelashes are touching my eyebrows. No other mascara has been able to do this for me ever! And I am a mascara whore : )
I don't see how so many girls had problems with clumping because It's never happened to me with this mascara. Well all mascara's don't work on everyone so I guess it just depends. I would definitely buy this mascara again and again and again!

Hard to get the hang of the mascara comb for the actual color. If you are not careful, your lashes will tend to stick together- not nice. I haven't had problems getting it off. But I have had to use a oil based eye makeup remover to get it off. All in all, it's ok if you can get it on right the first run thru- if not, your may be stuck with clumpy but thick lashes.

on 5/25/2009 3:51:00 AM

I love big lashes and expected this mascara to deliver - it delivers BIG, but only if you want BIG clumps, BIG ugly fused-together spidery looking lashes, and BIG black smears under your eyes that even the best make-up remover cannot budge.

The two-step clear primer and black coat are a waste of time. I found the black formula so thick that I had to skip the primer to tone down the gloopiness, and even then, you can't burrow the brush into the base of your lashes to achieve thickness and length because you end up with clumps and smears.

I still give it a 2/5 because it does deliver an okay lash stain with no volume if you use a very light hand (and forget the primer), but given this product is called "Volume Shocking", why would you bother trying to tone it down?

It is almost impossible to remove with even a specialist waterproof eye make-up cleanser, and day after day you end up raking on mascara on top of old mascara. Awful.

Very disappointing.

on 5/5/2009 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Its terrible, its horrible, its a disaster! Please stay away from it unless you like clumpy, heavy, and hard to remove mascara.

on 4/18/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
I like the primer! The primer has a good brush, applies w/o much difficulty.
Does leave my lashes looking really voluminous! (after I spend awhile w/my lash comb getting out the clumps...)
CONS:
While I liked the idea of a comb for the mascara part, it wasn't practical at all--it clumped terribly even after I tried to get off the excess product. I had to use a lash comb to try and salvage the situation (a plastic lash comb is not ideal).
Diffiicult to remove.
Spendy. Even though mine was BOGOF for L'Oreal eye products, I don't feel that this mascara is worth even the $6 (orig price around $12).
The package is very bulky (not a prob for me personally since I don't carry around mascara in my bag usu, but just thought I'd mention it!)

Overall, more trouble than it's worth! I'll be looking for better products. I've been wanting a metal lash comb anyways, so I might see if that helps me use up this mascara w/o my lashes looking too clumptastic!

on 4/9/2009 12:50:00 AM

Terrible product. This is the kind of nightmare mascara that you always hope to avoid. MAJOR clumpage and gave me raccoon eyes. Looked totally unnatural because of how much it clumped. If you do more than one stroke, forget it. It's impossible to use both sides together. The worst part is trying to get it off. I ripped out a lot of eyelashes trying to pull the clumps out and this was with makeup remover!

Don't waste your money.

on 3/24/2009 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh, very pricy for a drugstore mascara and takes a lifetime for it to dry. I didn't appreciate the primer because it didn't lengthen mine (although I have long, thick and voluminous lashes). The black mascara was soo heavy that it literally made my eye droop. It was this wierd comb paddle brush design wand (i don't know how to describe it in the first place). Nothing "shocking" at all, it was like a disaster waiting to happen to you. The packaging was very bulky and it was unhandy. God, if the beautiful Aishwarya Rai didn't advertise it, I guess the stocks would drop down low.

on 3/13/2009 6:25:00 AM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MASCARA!

Okay so usually whenever I review a product on Makeup Alley, I do it to rave about a product and to let everyone know how good it is. I normally review things I really love.

This is the first time I'm reviewing something I really dislike. If this actually worked for you, I envy you and I'm curious as to how that's even remotely possible. I have a TON of negative things to say about this product. First of all, I paid $15 bucks for this at CVS, when it was $11 at Walmart. (By the way, I think it's ridiculous when a drugstore product is as or more expensive than a high-end one. MAC mascara is only $12.) So the expensive price alone irks me.

The mascara is bulky and is so hard to fit in a clutch or tiny purse. That's another negative for me. Next, the white part doesn't do anything for me but make my lashes white! Even when I put the darker mascara over it, I have to stroke it a few times to cover the white flaky parts.

Now, this is the odd part. If you skip the white mascara, and you use the darker mascara and sweep it through your lashes once, it looks volumizing, lengthening, and seems pretty decent. But it didn't volumize my lashes enough, so that's when I need to sweep it through a second time and that's when it clumps together, and begins to look odd, like tarantula-eyes or something. It's ugly and nasty looking. It's very embarrassing to walk out like that.

Okay so I haven't even begun to explain the worst part of this mascara. It takes SO MUCH EFFORT to take off! I can't believe how hard it is. I have to use my oily makeup remover 4-5 times. And even then, I can still feel a hardness to my lashes. I have to kind of pull off the excess junk, which is very uncomfortable and horrible treatment to my lashes. I would never buy this again and never use it again.

It takes a lot for me to dislike a product this much. I actually lost it and I was so happy because it was a reason to buy a different mascara!