April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I appoligize in advance for this long review, but I take correctors seriously!!! Also, I know that there are many others like me that struggle to cover-up undereye circles and I want to be as helpful as I can re: this expensive & not "easily-available-to-swatch" product. I have tried both of the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector colors- #1 & #2.

**** If you are seriously considering trying this product & are unsure of what color may work best but don't have Giorgio Armani products available in your area, know that L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Skin Primer color "light skin" is the almost the exact same color as GAMC #1 (L'Oreal is a tad more pinky & less coraly as GMAC but it's darn close) & color "medium/deep skin" is the same color as GAMC #2. These are NOT true DUPES, as the intended purpose of each product is very different. The COLORS are duplicates. I purchased L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Skin Primers in both "light skin" & "medium/deep skin" to see if they would bea cheaper alternative to GMAC & I can tell you that they do not provide the coverage, the pigment or the quality that GAMC does & they are very drying under the eyes. L'Oreal's are face primers (I guess-still not sure WTH they are!) & GAMC's are true under-eye color correctors. Still, I think applying these similar colors under your eyes will give you an idea of which GAMC color will work best for you.*******

Now for my review: For reference, I am fair-light skinned, NC20-25, cool yellow undertones, mild rosacea on cheeks & sides of nose with mostly dry skin (very dry under my eyes). I have had obvious bluish-purple undereye circles as well as brown patches under the eye area & on my lids since I was a child & they are only worse now that I'm approaching my mid-40's, have chronic sinus issues & I am somewhat of an imsoniac. I am always on the look-out for a magical concealer and/or corrector. BB's corrector/concealers are too dry & cakey for me as are every other corrector I have tried.

I heard about Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector here on MA & ran to Nordstrom's & purchased both colors. #1 is a light coralish colored peachy pink. #2 is more of an orangey peach. When swatched next to each other, #1 & #2 look similar except # 1 is a tad lighter & has more of a pinkish-peach where as #2 is deeper & has more obvious orange to it. I don't have pink undertones so I thought #2 (orange) would be my color. It did correct the bluish circles but made the hollows under my eyes look deeper because it was just too dark for me. Next, I tried #1 (peachy pink). It is more of a peach than a true pink but still has a pinkish tint and I honestly didn't think it would work. Well, was I ever surprised that #1 (peachy pink) did the trick! It covers the blue & purple very well & does not get cakey. It has a unqiue, silky texture and is similar to a thick, liquid under-eye concealer. No obvious sparkles, not greasy at all & blends-in well. I feel that I look better w/ a concealer over this but some may find that GAMC works well enough, on it's own, & can skip concealer. I need to brighten up the hollow area a tad w/ a lighter concealer.

All in all, I think GAMC is an excellent product if you pick the correct color. The packaging is not great for such a pricey product but it works well (comes w/ a feather-tip applicator wand) and no product goes to waste. Hope this reviews helps!

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have it in 2- peachy colour. It works great, its enough pigmented and corrects nicely. I like the packaging, very simple, the only problem would be that the little bursh picks up too much product.

It doesnt crease, it doesnt look fake and it stays all day on (with a little bit of powder). I really like it and a small amount really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Sheen24484

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC-30 and I've tried many undereye concealers/correctors from high end to low end,Bobbi brown,mac,benefit etc but this corrector is hands down the BEST ever! It's easy to apply and blend, doesnt get cakey,gives amazing coverage and corrects beautifully.
Would definitely repurchase and recommend! This is the first product I ever gave a review on,it's just the best!
The shade I bought is #2 (its kind of peachy-salmon and perfect for my skintone)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought so many undereye concealers from mac to bobbi brown to maybelline to revlon to covergirl etc, I should of saved my money and just bought this one to begin with.

I use #2 in orange, I thought it would work better than the pink to correct and it's great. I am about nc25-30 with a fake tan and it blends in totally nice and you can't see any orange and no darkness under the eyes. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Snootus0722

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went through hell to get this product..lol. I ended up ordering from nordstroms because they were all out in store. So I was really excited when it arrived on Monday evening after a week and a day. But *sigh* it is not for me..it didn't cover as I hoped and it added too much shimmer. So I hauled it back to nordies. I will however, use my 210 brush to apply whatever corrector I end up with. I think that's one of the things, that makes this work so well for others. I might try it again in the summer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nhuthao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skintone: NC35
Color in this product: #2 Orange

This corrector is my HG for three reasons: it covers my dark circles, it does so without causing fine lines and it covers my pigmentation above my lip.

I've never found an under-eye product that doesn't crease up. This does the trick. On "easy" days, I only use this corrector and it can cover all my dark circles. Some days I need a little more help and dab on a light layer of concealer over it.

This is the only product that's ever covered the dark pigmentation around my lips. I use this with a drier concealer over it (like Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge, or theBalm's Time Balm -in a pot-) and the darkness is gone all day!

Don't be afraid of the color. Somehow it just seamlessly blends into my skin and I can't even tell that I have it on.

For everyone else without specific needs - I think this could be an HG for a lot of people. I think the trick is the brush, which is similar to that of a traditional liquid eyeliner. It applies so little - which is important when you have fine lines. When I use this corrector up I'm going to use the brush with other eye products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Olive11

What can I say? The Sephora near me finally started carrying this, and I purchased this in #2 yellowy-apricoty shade yesterday to help neutralize melasma discolouration that nothing under the sun that I have tried, and I've tried a lot like most people with this problem, until now could cover or disguise. When the woman in Sephora applied it and I looked in the mirror, I thought right away it was a trick mirror. The splotches which were painfully obvious every time I looked in the mirror were softened by about 70%, so much so that they were hardly noticeable. I've tried peachy-pinky correctors that did nothing and actually probably made them more noticeable, but this one is genius and the correct colour for greyish-brown discolouration, I suppose a lot like dark undereye circles, which is why so many people find success with it for that reason.

If they ever discontinue this product I will have to go on a hunger strike or something.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally picked up the peach shade master corrector due to all the glowing reviews and blogger love this product was getting. For reference I am NC 25- NC30 with moderate under eye darkness.

I am currently using Bobbi Brown's peach corrector in light peach. though I am happy with the colour correcting aspect of this product, I didn't like the consistency of the bobbi brown corrector- it's thick. I wanted something a little lighter and more liquid-y for under eyes and thought master corrector would be perfect.

I did love the consistency of this product, very light and highly pigmented but it's colour was a little too dark for me. I felt like while it was thin, highly pigmented and blended beautifully, the colour was a little too dark. When I put this on, it neutralized my dark circles but left a patch of dark orange under my eyes.

I can see this working for people who have deeper complexion than I do but I was disappointed at how this "universal" corrector didn't brighten or correct darkness under my eyes. If giorgio armani comes out with a correction in the peachy shade family but lighter than the current one, I would definitely buy but this one just didn't work well for my light-medium complexion.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have indian skintone and vicious undereye circles. After trying 54 concealers and 6 correctors in my lifetime leaving me cakey, thick and creased under my eyes. I was completely lost until I found this product. I'm NC42 and I bought this in Corrector in #2. BEST PURCHASE EVER! What works about this product that it is pigmented but the formula is very thin unlike the other 60 products I tried. I even bought my mom one who has never found anything for her undereye circles thin enough to cover. I absolutely love the eyeliner thin applicator.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by walkofshame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this corrector in orange. It went from something I wanted to buy/try to a HG product as soon as I tested it. I have bluish/purple circles and typically go for the peachy/salmon correctors to cover them since I find that shade works the best for me. I've used several different products, brands, and so on in the past and this is the best product I've used for them. It only takes a tiny bit of product and it covers flawlessly for me. I have very clear skin with no issues aside from my circles so a lot of days when I'm feeling lazy or not in the mood for a full face of makeup I will use only this as far as actual face product (foundation/corrector/etc.). It works that well. I only wish I had picked it up to try much sooner than I did. :) I'm not sure about other skintones, if it might be too orange but I wear Nars tm in alaska and have been matched to Mac nc25 and it's something I wouldn't be caught without now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No