Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 027 Sun dance

3.9

on 6/18/2012 8:24:00 PM

Color is build able and looks great...but... I called the company after breaking out a little bit... And come to find out that the product contains mineral oil and coconut oil. I returned for Maybeline. Too bad bc I really liked the color.

on 6/6/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Matte Bronzer, not easy to find so this is a gem. I have tried some pricey bronzers and this stuff is fabulous. The bronze isn't that cheap looking orange, very natural color that gives me a sun glow. Looks like my bronzer for summer 2012. I dont know if it will break me out since it's new product for me but I will edit if I get some unwanted pimples.

on 4/19/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this under recommendation from Cara of Maskcara for a no-makeup makeup look and boy I'm glad I did. This is the bronzer version of what the WnW 666 lip pencil is to so many. Super inexpensive (I won't say 'cheap'), smells nice and looks fantastic on my face. (For reference, I'm naturally NW20 but a lot darker since I hit the tanning bed!) It has a golden, slightly orangey-ish color with very subtle shimmer. It IS a bit powdery in the package - but doesn't look so on my face - and the packaging is flimsy but I would say the pros completely outweigh the cons. Cara says most of the time her NARS sits on the shelf while she uses this all the time! Definitely worth trying and I would rate this a keeper!

FYI, for the complete look, check out:
It's just a great blog in general!

EDIT: I'm still loving this bronzer! Just a side note to all you fellow bronzer fans... It seems the whole "orangey" factor is an issue. I think warm tones - even pale ones like my NW20 - look better with a touch of orange while cooler tones look better with a pure brown. Drier skins, like mine, look best with some shimmer, while oiler ones should probably stick to mattes. Unsure? For an excellent view of a lot of them, please see this post here:

And thank you, Miss Natty, if you're out there!

EDIT 2: not repurchasing this. NARS casino won me over.

on 4/18/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The bad. The packaging sucks it doesn't even properly close but I can see myself using this as my everyday makeup. I am used to using high end makeup so the packaging is ugly to me. I do not recommend leaving this in your makeup bag it is flimsy and will break and leave a mess in your bag. I leave it at work to do my daily makeup. The Good: It gives you the J.Lo glow. She always has this golden goddess look and I get that pretty look on my cheeks with this. This bronzer alone doesn't do the trick though. I use bronzer to sculpt. So hopefully when I buy the darker shade it will do the trick. I would buy this again because it works! It's so cheap end up being four dollars

on 3/19/2012 11:19:00 AM

This is my first bronzer. I've only used this a few times, but it is working for me. I've even worn it without foundation and it looks just as good. My face is lighter and ruddier than any other part of my body (even sun protected parts), and this product gives me a bit of a natural sunny glow and makes my face match the rest of me.

I didn't notice the shimmer that people were complaining about. It is a bit orangish, but my skin is also a bit orangish, so it matched me. It looked normal warm skin orange on me and not fake covergirl orange. The packaging is pretty cheap, so I wouldn't wan to put it in my purse unless it has some rubberbands on it.

Edit: I have noticed the shimmery bits when I'm under bright light and when I'm really examining my face. I wish it wasn't there, but it isn't very noticeable. This stuff looks very natural on me. It matches my skin tone well, so it gives me more of a glow than a tan.

on 3/1/2012 12:47:00 AM

Perfect! Good price and very natural looking. Way better than the elf bronzer I think. Not too shimmery, or streaky !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this 3 years ago and still have the same one. It is a very average bronzer. "Sun dance" was the best fit for my skin tone. It gives me a subtle glow and has, in my opinion, the perfect amount of shimmer. However, I apply this over my liquid foundation, and if I apply too much, it makes my skin look oily-shiny and unnaturally tan; so its best to only use a light layer or two; if you want darker--get a darker shade. I HATE that it has oil in it! I only use this when I really want/need a shimmery bronzed glow, or just on my cheek bones as a highlighter, because it will definitely break me out. I like how it comes in a wide pan! That's because I use a very big fluffy brush to apply bronzer so I can cover my whole face with a thin layer in one or two applications (and build upon this if desired); small brushes require alot of blending out from several spots to cover my whole face (which to me is a pain in the butt and complicated). The downside to the packaging is the lid; it's a twist-off/on, but it does not stay on very well, so it can be difficult to travel with.
Overall, it's a very cheap bronzer. You get what you pay for: mediocrity. But, if you're on a budget and don't have oily, acne-prone skin, it's not terrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've tried other bronzers and nothing compares to 027 Sun dance. I love this bronzer and I don't think that it's too shimmery. I think it's perfect. I'm currently using the 022 Sun Bronze that my friend gave me which is matte and I really miss my 027. I'm trying not to waste anymore makeup though because I have too many that never get used. I've already hit pan on 2 of the 027 and I can't wait to hit pan on my 022 so I can go back to my fave bronzer.

on 1/13/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this last summer and at first wasn't too impressed. I used this as a bronzer on my cheeks, and finally decided (accepted, really) that it made me look muddy and not glowy (as I have an olive-ish complexion).
However, now although I don't use this on my cheeks, I use it on my jaw bone/chin/neck area to even out my glowy/tan look and it looks great. I know to some that sounds like a lot of work to have a seperate bronzer for a different part of my face but it really works out great for me!
I'm not bothered by a lot of the complaints of too much shimmer. I think too much of a matte bronzer would just look gross on me. The product is a great price, and has great pigmentation. I plan on repurchasing this since it has become such a staple in my beauty routine and is such a great deal!

on 12/4/2011 12:48:00 AM

when I first got this, I Hated it with a passion!

but then, i have no idea how, but i fell absolutely in love with it! maybe I started applying it in a different way or something, but it's a holy grail now! I use this everyday right between the place where you contour and put blush and also on my temples and it makes me look so healthy and glowy. I do wish there was less shimmer, and that the packaging was better. especially the cap! it doesn't stay on at all! but thats ok.

Popular Bronzers