Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow - Ransom

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/23/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't UD's most pigmented shadow, but the shade is so beautiful that I'm willing to overlook this minor flaw. On me, Ransom is a purple with royal blue duochrome, and is perhaps the most gorgeous shade of eye shadow I've ever had the fortune to encounter. I use this mainly as a crease shade, or to play up a boring look (be it brown or neutral). I'll use it all gladly, but wouldn't repurchase because I'm still on the prowl for my HG purple shadow, which unfortunately isn't Ransom.

on 8/21/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was really excited about this e/s and I couldn't wait to get it, but when I did, it was really a huge dissapointment. :( The color looks awsome in the pan, but on my eye lid - horrible!!! It's not blendable - it simply dissapears (?!), the color is more blue than indigo/purple, and it's worse than some 2$ e/s I got.

on 8/13/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm rewriting this review because though I initially had problems with it, it goes on effortlessly and beautiful over the Sephora "flashy mauve" eye pencil as a base! I love MUFE's #92 and everything but I guess after getting Ransom I realized how much I love purples with blue in them. I'm not going to give it 5 lippies because I had issues with this color when it's not over the flashy mauve pencil but I wanted to revamp this review since this is in the deluxe pallete and people might want suggestions on what to do with it if it currently doesn't work for them!

on 6/23/2009 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a perfect purple eyeshadow: great pigmentation, smooth application, and it definitely lasts with UDPP. The packaging is so cute, too. It's just so expensive.

on 6/23/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love the color on my eyes. I got mine in the deluxe palette. the color looks really nice in the pan & on my eyes. It's a blue purpleish color & it's really smooth to put on.

on 6/23/2009 2:29:00 AM

This color has such potential. It's beautiful in the pan. On the skin, the color payoff just isn't there. There is a lot of fallout too. In a color like this, I'd like to see more opacity. I might end up purchasing the UD 24/7 eyeliner in this color because I really do love the color. I just don't like fighting with the eyeshadow. I'm glad that I have this in a palette and not a single. Still love most UD shadows though. They do not irritate my sensitive eyes like some brands do.

on 6/1/2009 3:13:00 PM

This is a quite decent product. Nicely pigmented, gorgeous color. Can't really complain. However, personally, I don't think the color looks flattering on me, maybe because of my tan skin, and dark eyes. I think this would look awesome on girls with fair skin and lighter eye colors.

on 4/11/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these...these are gorgeous and sooo cool to look at on your eyes!! I have ransom and graffiti...I would buy more if it were cheaper...and I'm sure it will last me a LONG time so I don't even have to think about buying another..but yes it is quality and you get what you pay for!

on 4/7/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the UD premium eyeshadows! Ransom is a gorgeous indigo purple shade that is HIGHLY pigmented with a blue-ish sheen to it. A little goes a long way. Can also be wet with water and made to be a liner. Long lasting power. Only complaint is that packaging is a little excessive... and it's a bit pricey.

on 3/22/2009 12:31:00 AM

This is a beautiful color. It is deep although not quite as pigmented as it appears in the pot. It is a blue violet with indigo tones in it. It is not as glittery as many other UD eyeshadows which is a big plus to me. It is a great outer corner color. The only bad thing is the clear plastic for the top fell off though which is fairly annoying as the sticker is all warped. It could have done with less excessive packaging. It's also a tad expensive although there is quite a bit of product.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products