MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ok so I used to use MAC years ago before I knew enough about makeup to develop my own preferences. I just ran out of my favorite powder foundation and I got stuck with a MAC store credit so I figured I'd use it on this. So far, not impressed, but I haven't had a chance to play around with my own brushes and moisturizers and primers. I'll update this review but I just want to have a record so I remember what to compare it to, lol.

First reaction: this smells awful. SA matched me to NC20 when I always wore NC40 in the past. I figured I've never tried this specific product so I figured I'd try something lighter than normal, maybe this product runs darker than whatever I used to use? I ended up with NC30.

It's been less than an hour and my face itches. It looked really cakey and unnatural and too powdery so I put some moisturizer on top of it just to see what happened. It looks better, kinda dewey, more natural. I don't dislike it but it's definitely different than what I normally wear.

on 3/7/2015 11:43:00 AM

Got this in NC25.

Pros:
Lasts about 4 hours on my combi skin, not bad for a powder foundation without primer
Somehow my oily t zone doesn't appear oily with this
Smooth and easy application
Skin looks smooth n even

Cons
Initially it itches my skin after wearing it for a day and after removal
Seems like it has high sicilia content and thus makes my skin sensitive
Expensive
Cotton puff is incredibly rough to the touch
Case looks and feels breakable
My powder "stains" the black case
Doesn't have the wow factor
Dying

Generally, it's an OK product. Overhyped and too Expensive.

on 3/6/2015 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Usually when I wear makeup I don't want others to know I am wearing any. I tried 3 of these NW 10, NW 15 & NW 20. The SA told me I had to use a darker colored pressed powder Wich is odd because with a cream foundation I am an NW 13, but w/e. This is a pressed powder that acts like a wet foundation the color oxidized on me (not much though), sets quickly and caked unevenly. Because of this,I could see from where I put it on, but before I could blend it though it dried. I believe it conceals imperfections, but it just sits on your face . It has coverage, but without movement to blend it, it's useless.
One thing that may help is a buffering brush. It will break up the excess powder so it wont build up on your face as much, and be easier to reach areas like the corners of your nose. Don't use the sponge as it can harbor bacteria. I also found this hard to wash off.
The pros? Well I don't like this product but if you are looking for a wet and dry foundation this can be part of the answer, most of the colors are natural although they oxidize,and this covers breakouts pretty good. However,some people find that it exaberates their breakouts. If you are experiencing this but still gung ho about making it work try throwing out the sponge and applying with a buffeting brush.
I hope I helped!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favorite foundations ever. I absolutely love this stuff. I have severely sensitive skin, and I'm very prone to break-outs, but this has never broke me out. I'm in shade NC20. I've went through several compacts, more than five I know for sure. I'm tossed between loving this one, and Laura Mercier powder foundation. I like the coverage and color better with Laura Mercier, but I still love this one too.

Overall this is a great powder foundation, but I hate it with the liquid foundation. So if you use one, in my opinion will not need the other.

The only downside to Mac is the occasionally rude SA, but I've also met some cool ones.

on 2/23/2015 9:41:00 PM

I'm on my second purchase of this product and im so glad my friend told me about it. I went from wearing a full face of foundation and powder to just this, and it feels great for me to not have to put on liquid foundation every day. The coverage on this is amazing. I only have to apply it once and it stays on all day. I will definitely keep buying it and its saved me $55 in liquid foundations.

on 2/21/2015 7:49:00 AM

Very good powder, amazing finish, wouldn't use the sponge available as can look very cakey, Wouldn't recommend to be used with MAC Studio Fix Fluid as you will look very orange as it does oxidize. Other than that when used correctly it can make you look flawless.

on 2/20/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I prefer powders to liquid foundations for daily wears. They feel light, aren't oily, sticky on the face, provides clean look with sufficient coverage. The only problem is shades have too much of color pigments in them. The whole face lookes painted or colored. They do not have much in beige shades or more natural skin tones.

on 2/16/2015 9:24:00 AM

covers well but is WAY too powdery and looks really unnatural.

on 2/15/2015 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okaaaay where to start, I bought this about a month ago, and I am already seeing the bottom of the container, now I don't wear this 7 days a week either, which is why I am really sad that I am ALREADY running out!! It's not worth paying $40+ (AUS)

The Pros I have are;
- It has a nice smell!
- It covers well.
thats about it..

Con:
- It feels like it never 'sets' I can always rub it off onto my fingers.
- It doesn't last very long :(
- The packaging is so tacky.
- Expensive!!

I wouldn't buy it again as it just doesn't live up to the 'name' sometimes I feel like that's all MAC is, just a brand name, where they lack quality.

on 2/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

I have notoriously sensitive skin, and the weird part is, Mac foundations do not break me out or cause an allergic reaction at all. It's weird because Mac is infamous for causing problems for those with acne-prone, sensitive skin. As with every product you try for the first time, just apply this product in an inconspicuous area of the face or neck for about a week to see if you get an allergic reaction.

As for the product itself, the finish is medium to full. As others have said, this can cling to dry spots, but I have noticed after about an hour, this powder mixing with the natural oils on my skin make them disappear. After a full day's wear (about 8-10 hours), I find that I do not look extremely oily, just dewy. So, I do not think this powder will cause excessive oiliness but of course, everyone's skin is different so bear that in mind! The application is easy and offers a very flawless finish. This will always be my favorite powder!!