MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far I really like this powder foundation. I love this kind of foundation because it's fast and easy to apply. I have extremely oily skin, so it's hard to find any kind of foundation that will not wear off or clump within 4 hours. Yes, after 4 hours oil will shine through and it's time to blot, but the foundation does not budge or clump. The SA at mac said NW20 was my color, but the color does oxidize on your skin after a couple of hours. I suggest getting a color that is slightly lighter.

I like it

I used to be a big fan of this powder but not anymore. I use a Mac foundation regularly and decided to try this powder with it however it ended up making me look orange no matter what shade I used. It also makes your makeup look very cakey and not long-lasting.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on NC35, I'd say suits me pretty well, although i do think it's just a tiny tiny tiny bit orange which i don't really care because i have a yellow undertone so it's barely noticeable even on natural day light.
I do like it for minor spots and evening out my skin tone, however i like to conceal bigger spots and under eyes before applying it on top. If you apply little of it you can get away with natural looking skin but you certainly can pack it on for more coverage. I like to use a stippling synthetic brush to apply.
I first got it because a friend recommend it, however she has normal to dry skin and mine is on the oily side. It does move a little on me and I have to reapply around my t-zone, I definitely tend to get a dewy look as the day goes by.
I don't consider it to be a bad product, but I believe it may work better on people with dry skin and/or maybe with some primer before.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Color C35 fits me beautifully. I wanted this to work!
But ingredient Hexylene Glycol irritates my skin -- badly. It feels like it's burning.
Check out EWG's warning (based on scientific work) that Hexylene Glycol is a skin irritant. Hello. Paula's Choice is wrong -- this is not "good" !

Back to MAC -- and $30 back in my pocket.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ugh, after using this for quite a while, I've finally left the denial stage and have to say, It breaks me out. I know lots of people have this problem with this powder and I was determined to not be one of them lol. I usually have very well behaved skin, products rarely break me out. This will no doubt break me out if I use it for several consecutive days. I recommended it to my best friend and it broke her out worse than me. It was terrible and I felt bad for recommending it, although I did warn her about the possibility. It was insane how bad her skin got though.

IF you are one of the lucky ones that can use this product without breaking out, good for you. This powder is very reasonably priced (.52 oz which is a lot compared to others), offers amazing color selection and is just an all around great powder foundation. I say give it a shot, but keep your receipt and pay close attention to your skin and how long it's been since you purchased it so it's not a waste of money if it's a fail. As for me, I'm going to keep it for special occasions to help neutralize cheek redness, but I will never repurchase.

I've been using this for years and years. I have plenty of other powders I can use but always end up reaching for this. It keeps me matte and dry for hours. I've never had any issues with break outs or anything else. It's pretty much HG status for me. I just wish it wasn't as pricey. But I'll continue to use it since I love it so much

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used this a lot like six years ago (as only foundation, not to set a liquid one) and since then I've always had one of these in my drawer but these days I never really reach for it anymore, but that's only cause I prefer liquid foundations and don't like to set it with such heavy powder as this one.

But for someone who likes powder foundations, I'd definitely recommend it. It's coverage depends of how you apply it so you can go from light to full and it lasts well on the skin, gets a bit oily on the t-zone but nothing major. Great color selection.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My go-to foundation, it gives me the best overall look requiring no concealer to be used over the face and I love that is in powder form so it's a one stop shop product for me. My issue is that I have super oily, acne-prone skin and I feel that this isn't the best at controlling oil, but if I use a good primer and setting spray with it I'm good to go. This will be my forever favorite and I've repurchased several times over the years.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really love this stuff, I can use this alone (no foundation, no concealer) and it's like I've applied concealer over my entire face, though I don't ever do that, the point is you could if you wanted to, it's incredible! Such high coverage. Only downside for me is I break out terribly! It broke my heart the first time I used it and the next day I had about 4 sore bumps pop up. I now only use it under my eyes over my concealer, anywhere else and I'll end up with a big zit.

Pros: high coverage, texture is silky soft, airbrushed finish

Cons: clogs pores, isn't cheap

Video Reviews & Tutorials