MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/3/2015 9:27:00 AM

I have had such a difficult time finding the right foundation for me -- this one was the perfect fit! The MAC associate did my colour matching (NW20), and I haven't looked back since I started using this last summer!

Settles nicely for flawless coverage. Can exacerbate dry patches, but otherwise perfect for combination skin. Can be used for spot touch-ups, concealer-setting or full coverage.

Haven't broken out once using this powder, and I historically have sensitive skin.

I brought this powder on a whim after reading some reviews and trying it on in store!

Initially when the SA applied it I really liked the feel of it on my skin and I loved the finished look it gave me, so I went ahead and purchased!

I am 50/50 with my feelings on this powder. I adore it for setting my under eye concealer and I do this using the sponge included with the powder, infact I like it to set any concealer, whether that be blemishes or under eye. It gives me that extra layer of coverage over my dark eye circles and blemishes and leaves it creaseless for hours!

However I have used this for setting my whole face make up and I don't like it at all. This makes me shiny like no other, my nose becomes so disgustingly oily after wearing this for a few hours and I don't even have oily skin! This also starts to look cakey on me if I apply it to my whole face as I have to reapply so many times, suggesting it's not very buildable!

Packaging is really good I think, it can hold the sponge underneath but the product isn't at all bulky or heavy and I love the mirror included!

All in all I wouldn't buy this again, although I love it for setting my concealer, I don't feel that £20 can be justified when I only use a dab over my concealer and I definitely would not recommend to anyone with oily skin!

on 1/30/2015 1:24:00 AM

Great powder foundation, it's a little pricey but it lasts a very long time. I get great coverage from this product and a little bit definitely goes a long way. I can wear this alone or if I'm breaking out I can use it in conjunction with my foundation. Either way it makes my skin look flawless but not too overdone.

on 1/27/2015 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased this in NC20, it stays true to colour and does not oxidize on me. The finish is matte, although I notice it gets "dewier" on my oily zone after a while.The coverage is medium but can be built to full. It looks powdery when applied but sinks into the skin after short time.

Lasts all day with minimal touch-ups on my oily zone. If you have normal or combination skin it will work for you, not sure for dry because it can emphasize dry patches.
I have been using this every day since I bought it and I really like it. It's fast to apply and looks really good. It would be perfect if not so pricey.

Did not break out from it.

on 1/27/2015 6:54:00 AM

I've been using this foundation faithfully since March of 1997. I am a C3. I think that says it all.

on 1/27/2015 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am sooo disappointed! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

on 1/26/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for years. I would try another powder foundation here and there, but always went back to this one. It does oxodize throughout the day and I usually needed a touchup towards the end of the day. The package is great with the mirror and sturdy case. I used this for years UNTIL I found sephora microsmooth powder foundation. The microsmooth foundation is a much better product. It provides medium coverage and stays on much longer than studiofix AND it doesn't oxodize. I highly recommend trying the sephora microsmooth to anyone looking for a good powder foundation!

on 1/23/2015 5:26:00 PM

The secret to this is getting a flattering color.If you got that its great im nw25 .Love this over my studio sculpt foundation for my very dry skin!

on 1/23/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is amazing. You can build this up for a near-full coverage. It stays in place for several hours before you need a touch up on your t-zone area. I have normal skin and I haven't had any acne in two years or more. I wore this powder even when I had acne and It didn't break me out anymore than I already was. I wore it during the treatment too and I had no problems. Perhaps those saying it broke them out have more sensitive skin than I do. I mostly wear this powder on its own because the color match is incredible - really it's spot on. It really brightens my complexion. I sometimes use it on top of my lancome tient miracle liquid foundation and i find it keeps it in place. It's value for money too as I use this powder on average three times a week and it's been one year since I bought the current pan in use.

on 1/22/2015 6:20:00 AM

This is a brilliant powder that is long lasting and beautifully mattifying. The packaging is lovely and great to use on the go. I generally use this day to day (with a touch of the SFF liquid on problem areas (if necessary) allowing a natural but matte look. I will point out: if going for said natural look (where the product is used more as an actual foundation than a setting powder), I generally use the sponge it comes with and 'press' the product into the skin however, if I'm using it as a setting powder (on top of a full face of SFF) I use a brush (a standard No7 powder one, for reference). Don't think it's broken me out but time will tell. I use NW20 or NW22 in the powder (NW13 or 15 in the liquid). I've always liked MAC. It's high end without breaking the bank!