November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing brush for an amazing price!!! No complaints here. One of the first elf products I bought when ELF first hit the stores. I may buy more to have on hand to keep one in my purse. Very good for packing color on the lid. All purpose for the eyes really. Can't rave enough about this baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

E.L.F brushes is great everyone who is just starting playing with makeup and doesn't see the point of spending much much more on higher end brushes. It's an ok brush, doesn't shed too much and is pretty soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm no fan of the ELF basic brush line with the white handles, but this one is perfectly fine. I did experience a bit of shedding, but nothing too bad. I actually prefer the lighter density of the bristles on this brush as opposed to the very densely packed version of this brush from the ELF Studio line. It's not the greatest brush of this type, I prefer the Zoeva version best, but if you're considering purchasing this brush from a higher end brand and not sure if you'll get use out of it, I'd definitely pick one up. If you don't have this type of brush at all, it's a nice one to have, I use this, or something similar, most days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by jessicaelias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft. Cheap. Does its job really well, picks up great amount of product. Would def buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by MaybeAViking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent beginner eyeshadow brush, perfectly affordable, soft, picks up plenty of product, manageable fallout, good size and sleek chisel shape, versatile, decent results, great if you don't apply makeup all that often. But hardcore makeup users will be disappointed by its lack of durability. I did a swatch test which involved me swiping and washing this brush multiple times in succession, and it shed quite a bit. Later on in the day (after drying it bristle-side down as you're supposed to) I found that the brush part had sunk slightly into the ferrule, making it resemble a short smudge brush. I pulled it back out to full size and used some pliers to squeeze the ferrule tight again, but it retracted in and is now short like a smudge brush still. I'll get a new one to replace it, not because I'm in love with the brush, but because it's so bloody cheap and I like having a backup for when my better quality eyeshadow brushes are dirty or being washed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this brush for Christmas in a smoky eye set. I was ready to put it aside and never use it because I currently own a Total Face Brush by ELF and am not a huge fan. However, I was pleasantly surprised when this quickly was upgraded to one of my favorite eyeshadow brushes of all time! It's short and somewhat on the wider side, which makes it dense and great for smudging/crease/one color looks. Very versatile. LOVE! I'm not sure if this is available on it's own for purchase or just through the sets, but definitely get one of these!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These brushes are amazing for a dollar and worth every penny. Great for smaller eyelids and also can be used to smudge in a pinch. I have a few of these and the studio "c" brush and I love both equally, they each have their place and can easily be cleaned. If you don't wear eyeshadow a lot you can easily buy a few of these and not need much else, but even if you wear only HE makeup these are great. My only complaint is that they are so popular that they are never in stock in the few local stores that sell them, I have tried to buy extras to give as gifts and they are never there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OH YEAH.

THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING.

It works well with a bunch of different brands of eyeshadows. If you clean it regularly like you should, it's simple enough to clean. The bristles are soft, though I did bump down the score a bit because there is some shedding. However, it's not that bad, even if I wanted to get a new one anyway it'd be a dollar out of my pocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hanknelmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush works well, but is so scratchy I would almost call it painful to use on the eyelid. I have not noticed shedding, but will end up throwing this away because I can't tolerate the scratchy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I did not think there was any way I'd like this better than Elf's Studio "C" Brush, but I do. I have hooded eyes, so I need smaller brushes. This is noticeably shorter and narrower than the "C", which is great for me. Other than fitting into the tighter space of my eyelid, it acts exactly as the "C" does: picks up just enough product, packs color on well, dense but not stiff, soft but not too floppy.

This sounds crazy, but I've never had an Elf brush shed on me, and this one's no exception. (What's weird is that I've pretty much NEVER had a brush shed more than 2 hairs or so. It makes wonder, Am I doing something wrong or do I have really awesome brush karma?) It's a simple tool with no bells and whistles and it does exactly what it's supposed to do and does it well. And it's $1.00.