October 23, 2014 | 1016 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lanadelhoe

COLOR 3/5:
My HG Everyday Foundation; it really is one of the few high-end products that you need in your collection if you have the money. There are a lot of shades but in my opinion people ranging in the NC 40s may find difficulty choosing a shade but since it is so light; you could go a shade darker or lighter but still end up looking natural. I am NC 42 at the moment and I use 34 Honey Beige (if it is too neutral add a yellow color correcting liquid from an airbrush system or if you really want to save up; natural yellow food colouring it will not stain your face trust me; since the foundation is water-based, it'll mix into it completely) and in the summer NC 45 which is 18 Camel. Does not oxidize at all during the day which is a huge plus!

APPLICATION/FORMULA 5/5:
Okay before y'all say anything; you DON'T have to have relatively decent skin to start off with (aka not me). My skin is horribly uneven from past breakouts (Kat Von D + MUFE HD yes I'm directing you) and I was SOOOO scared to buy this because of my horrible skin tone. What I hate is when beauty-gurus on YouTube scare us troubled skin gals because of its low coverage. DO NOT GET INTIMIDATED!!! I remember switching to this foundation and thinking "what in the world nothing happened" but as soon as I put my concealer (MUFE Full Cover) I realized how much I loved this foundation! Yes, you DO need a concealer with this to see its true beauty. This is water-based which I love because it dries quicker and in the morning; GURL I NEED TO RUSH THE HELL OUTTA MY FACE BECAUSE I HAVE WORK! I give this a good shake before I pump anything out. This foundation covers about 30% of unevenness and I'd say about 60% of redness if blended out with your fingers. I pump 2 quirts into my hand and rub it into my face gently (brushes suck with this; trust me; it'll go hella streaky from my experience). When blended out with your fingers, it dries really quick and feels sticky for about 2 minutes. It does look like there's globs of jelly in the foundation but this does have a gel formula so don't be scared because I thought mine was expired at first. Usually fingers leave me with less coverage but for some reason, with this foundation, it gave it more coverage. Add concealer, set this foundation with a powder puff, your fav powder (I use ELF HD), and you'll be laughing to heaven. (P.S: This has an odd old lady smell that ticks the living hell outta me; seriously MUFE?! oh and I've finally found a foundation that hasn't broken me out!!! YASSSS!!!)

FINISH 5/5:
The finish of this foundation is marketed to set to a "powder finish" which I agree when my skin is super dry but when my skin is moisturized correctly or goes on its oily phase; it looks soooo skin-like and perfect when touched with powder; almost like a dream satin finish. I literally look like I woke up like dis (to you Beyonce fans out there). I'd say this lasted me 8 hours until I saw LITTLE fading but 12 hours until I saw significant fading (thus being the reason MUFE Full Cover concealer is my bff for those super long days). This makes my bronzer and blush look way more natural it's almost as if this foundation makes everything I put on my face look like I'm not wearing makeup. I remember I had a friend comment "you FINALLY went a day without makeup I'm so proud of you!!!" and I had no idea what to tell her. Oily homies: use a powder puff to truly set the powder all day and you'll be left satin at the end of the day. Dry homies: Moisturize really nicely + powder ever so slightly if you need to. Combo homies (ME!!!): I powder my whole face but ever so slightly on my cheeks but on my T-Zone, it's fine to go full out as in you can powder the living hell out of it but PLEASE use a finishing spray after.

PACKAGING 4.5/5:
I love the packaging simply because it's in true Make Up For Ever chicness! The pump does give only a little product so 2 pumps should do for your whole face. It is glass but it just gives depth to the design. I really don't know what to say about the packaging since it is so simple but sometimes simplicity just makes the product look more high-end.

PRICE 3/5:
Sadly this thing is $46 CAD for 50ml/1.7fl.oz unlike the MAC version which is $41 CAD for 120 ml/4fl.oz. The reason I didn't buy the MAC was because there were many complaints by oily/combo skin girls about cystic acne + short wear time. This product will last you about 6 months until it's gone which I guess it's worth it. I've used mine for 3 months and I have more than half the product left. Do I think it's worth the money? Yes if you have the money for it. The reason I say it's worth it is because there is no possible drugstore dupe that I've found that compares to this. People say the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and Fit foundation is a dupe for this but they last like 2-4 hours and end up patchy looking??? This foundation is amazeballs, that's my final verdict. Nothing compares.

PROS:
-Quite a nice collection of shades (needs work on the deep yellow undertones though!!!)
-Beautiful satin finish
-Undetectable but still covers redness
-Easy to apply (please use your fingers I BEG YOU!!!)
-Doesn't make me an oil-slick when set with the tiniest amount of powder
-Lasts all day (8-10 hours w/o significant fading)
-Any makeup over it looks 10x more natural
-NO BREAKOUTS YAY!!!!

CONS:
-Price....it's $46 CAD ($40 USD) for 50ml/1.7fl.oz but it does last you a long time (6-8 months)
-You do need a good concealer over it to make this work
-No SPF (if you care about that which I'm completely okay with)
-The smell makes me feel like an old lady, it's not pleasant at all.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bubbleberry5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is low coverage and is very smooth. I do not break out rom this foundation and it sets nicely with a little of the HD transluscent powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well...this might be premature because I just bought this about an hour ago, BUT I put some on in the car and kept looking at my skin on the way home. HOLY COW this stuff is awesome. It's glowy without being shiny or oily. My skin looks like MY skin only a hundred times better. I have no powder on and it looks just gorgeous. I am hoping against all hope that this doesn't break me out. If not, this will likely be my HG foundation. It doesn't age your face due to it not being a powdery finish. I don't care for the fragrance that is pretty strong when you first apply it, but is dissipates quickly. I have very sensitive skin so as long as the perfume in it doesn't irritate my face, I would say this is a real winner. I got it in 20, the lightest ivory shade. It's a tad on the yellow side, but not dark or jaundice by any means.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It doesn't go on like your typical foundation, and I was really surprised hat how watery it was at first.

I love how it applies, actually, you have to sort of massage it into your skin. It leaves your skin feeling light and smooth, and you can barely tell its there. It's incredibly gentle on your skin, and slightly resistant to water. I did order a shade too dark, so you can tell in pictures that it's not the right color for me.

It has a good amount of coverage for how watery it is, and it is build-able.

Unfortunately, my skin is too much of a wreck to continue buying this since I go through it too quickly to cover up a lot of blemishes. There's just no way I could sustain buying this at 40 bucks a pop that often! If it had better coverage, it would be my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation to be just meh. I goes on nicely, feels nice and lasts throughout my workday but it didn't make me say ooooh niiiiice. It is my HG...nope.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by husveges

HG foundation. I've tried the entire drugstore, all of Clinique and some Estee Lauder. That was four years ago. Now I skip the fuss and always use Make Up For Ever Face and Body. It's sheer and blends like nothing else, and it's fool proof. (Btw, see my notepad about my new favorite secondhand designer clothing store.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It literally feels like water! I have a problem with foundations clinging on to dry spots on my face. For the first time I'm able to say I have no dry spots and this foundation hydrated my skin so nicely. It is a sheer coverage foundation, so if you have spots you need a concealer. The finish of this is also very natural, quite dewy so I do put a setting powder over my t-zone. My skin is very oily, acne prone, and sensitive. Not loving the scent though. All of Make Up For Ever foundations have a heavy fragrance unfortunately.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I have pale dry/dehydrated skin and as I have said before I can not stand any foundation that has a yellow tint/hue to it. I have pinkish undertones and the yellow hue makes me look nasty. I bought this face and bod foundation in #38. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! People always comment on how beautiful my skin looks. I do not use a primer under it. I only use my moisturizer and sunscreen. I started applying it with the beauty blender sponge and loving it.
One of the best foundations out there for skin like mine. You won't be dissapointed (unless you buy the wrong shade)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by redshift

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. And I have tried hundreds. It covers what I need covered, can be built up, never looks cakey and lasts through heat and humidity in Oklahoma summers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I had gotten this in a swap out of curiosity to see how it performs next to macs version. I am very fickle with how much coverage I like, so I swapped it away again. It was a very enjoyable foundation to use when I had it, but I felt like something more heavy duty for the wintertime.
This week I had gone home to my hometown for xmas and the only foundation I packed (mufe hd) was too dark and seemed to emphasize every nook and cranny of my face, making my skin look absolutely horrendous. I wanted something buildable, looks good in photos and at least wouldn't melt or emphasize my flaws further.

This stuff does a pretty darn good job. It looks ultra natural and with my bars concealer my complexion is flawless but still human. You don't see every peach fuzz, lines, or pores magnified. For every day this really is the best you can do if you feel like everything else you have is caking especially in cold weather.

I am nc25-30 and use 32. Its forgiving enough but If I build too many layers it looks too peachy and not yellow enough. One coat is enough for me. I spot conceal any dark spots or redness.

Also remember to shake vigorously and apply straight onto your face if you can. I use fingers for best results.

The smell is strange and artificial but it goes away after a minute. If you are sensitive to scent this may be the biggest deal breaker. Otherwise I am looking forward to using this more often as my daily foundation.