April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing product and I am surprised I have not gotten this sooner. Well it's better now than later as this is an excellent and my favorite foundation hands down! I'm a 36 in this or Pink Porcelain and an NW20,N1 in MAC and light or fair in anything and I have a cool undertone. Natural blonde with green eyes and this gives me a soft focus, natural finish. Honestly out of all my bases this one actually looks like skin. It's totally natural and I love that I will most definitely be getting it in a little darker colour for Summer. But for now this is amazing I applied with my hands and a stipple brush and that worked great. I cannot get over how natural it looks and the scent I do not mind but I like certain scents and I'm not sensitive to them thank goodness because I love this!

It doesn't feel heavy and would be very hard to cake up on yourself so to me this is a total winner. I have decent skin so I didn't have much to hide so about 1 and a half pumps works very well for me. It sheers out beautifully and dries very natural on the skin. If you don't have much to cover or want light coverage this is the foundation you want. It truly delivers a beautiful, natural finish. I also love the pump top, you have to shake the bejeezus out of it but for that beautiful colour I'm sold. Mine is like a beige light pink skin it matches me perfectly and it blends with or without primer. Lasts a very long time you forget you're wearing this because it's so light. I adore this product. Highly Recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ilec

I just bought this and tried it out today. First thing I noticed was that there were foundation stuck on the glass bottle in patches, you can see it when you hold it horizontally, did I get a bad one or had it expired? Or is it just this gross looking? Also, when I took the pump out to look at it, the foundation that was sticking on the tube was all gloopy and not smooth, is this normal? If someone else had the same situation, can you let me know? I don't even wanna talk about the scent, it is just so strong and giving me a headache. I put this on my face for a short while before washing it off, not sure if I wanna try longer than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nellyninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!

I've been on the hunt for a good make-up for quite some time now! I have pale, dryish skin with freckles, and find that most make-up is either too yellow/pink, oxidises or accentuates any dry patches as the day goes on.
Leading up to my engagement party I decided I needed something without SPF for photographs.

I was quite sceptical about this make-up as I know it is sheer, but took the risk and ordered a sample.

It is sheer, but buildable! I team it with a few touches of concealer on any freckles and blend everything together with a stipple brush (best application technique fyi!!!)

It gives a natural finish with more than decent coverage (2 pumps + concealer here or there). Photographs beautifully!

I find the lasting power of this is between 6-8 hours without powder, and 10-12 with a touch of powder.

Definitely worth ordering a sample! You won't be disappointed!

My make-up quest is over <3
I use #38 Pink Porcelain - the lightest shade.

SUMMARY:

PROS
- Buildable coverage
- Natural finish & photographs beautifully
- Easy to blend (stipple brush, ladies, stipple brush)
- Last for hours
- Activity proof! (I'm an aerialist, so yeh, it stays!)
- Doesn't sink into fine lines/dry patches - and if it does, just get that stipple brush and do a light blend!
- faint scent, not overbearing

CONS
- Sheer if only using 1 layer
- A bit pricey - Approx $59

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this because I need true coverage.

I see this working beautifully on girls who already have nice skin and very little to cover, but if you need ANY coverage I do not recommend this.

If you have any acne or hidden blemishes that need covering, sadly this isn't for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I choose to wear Mineral Makeup on a daily basis, this is my foundation of choice for special events and having pictures taken. It just makes my skin look like a dream, without being heavy or cakey. And the best part, it stays put, in a good way! I have even worn it through excercise/sweating to put it to the test.

The only complaint I have is the bottle/jar opening is too large, but I guess because it is also known as a body foundation, they make the container this way.

Love this the best of ALL liquid foundations!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It evens out my skin tone nicely and doesn't look as though you are wearing foundation, my two most important qualities that I look for in a foundation. It doesn't sparkle or shine, either, which I like. Looks very natural while blurring minor imperfections. Very good staying power. Not matte, not too dewy or luminous. If you want luminous, try Giorgio Armani, which I like but lately have been feeling makes my skin too shiny. MUFE Face and Body doesn't look cake-y or settle into my fine lines or pores, either. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Where do I start... this was my current and go to closest to HG foundation I have found to date. HOWEVER, it is a tad inconsistent in terms of performance. I assume it's because of skin changes due to weather (ie. becoming more dry in the winter) or if I am using a different moisturizer (under Ole Henricksen's Herbal Day Creme it looked INCREDIBLY greasy). On a great day, it blends into skin beautifully, gives me a nice dewy glow, and covers my pores pretty flawlessly - I literally look as poreless as you can with having decently sized pores. Most foundations typically just "sit" on my pores and tend to make them look accentuated and worse than they do without makeup! On top of that, it looks like SKIN. Not the "your makeup looks nice" type of look, just clearer, better skin. But on off days, I can look more shiny even with setting powder also do notice that the staying power isn't super great. I also feel like it does oxidize only ever so slightly, not enough to really notice though. I could probably go a bit lighter to help this but I have neutral undertones which are slightly more yellow so I stick to the yellow undertone foundations. I think due to the inconsistency I tend to stray, yet I always, always come back to this because of how amazing it blends into the skin and the natural, yet buildable coverage. Lately though I am finding it is a lot shinier than usual... even with moisturizers which aren't as rich. I'm also incredibly saddened because I try to be as cruelty free and natural with my products, and if you weren't aware MUFE is no longer cruelty free as they sell their products in China which requires by law companies test on animals prior to having their products sold in the country. I WOULD buy again if ONLY they didn't test on animals because I do love this on my skin most times than not and would hunt down a better setting powder to keep the shine at bay. I will finish the bottle until it is done but unfortunately I am on the search for a different foundation which can hopefully produce the same results on a more consistent basis and is cruelty free. I hope it's possible. Sigh... IF ANYONE KNOWS A FOUNDATION/TINTED MOISTURIZER THAT IS SIMILAR TO THIS FORMULA/ACHIEVES SIMILAR RESULTS, PLEASE DO INFORM ME! IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmm. I wish I could like this more, the coverage is way too light and wishy washy for me. I've tried mixing it with other foundations and it still looks so bland. Wish I didn't buy this! Generous sizing. Feels cool on the skin which is lovely. Bought the 5 shade palette to go with this and seriously...I do not get the hype with this brand. Dunno what i was thinking when i bought the two. Extremely pricey. i think I'll stick to M.A.C and Rimmel for my foundation needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-fantastic buildability with layers
-melds with skin
-hydrating (especially for dry skins)
-sheer to medium coverage
-lightweight feeling on the skin
-very easy to blend
-does not oxidize
-easy to remove (despite being water-resistant)
-long-lasting (at least 10 hours)
-generously-sized bottle

CONS
-scent may not be for everyone

I received a generous sample MUFE's Face and Body Liquid Makeup from Sephora after remarking to a makeup artist that I just couldn't find the kind of foundation I was looking for - something that is hydrating with a sheer texture and that is buildable but won't highlight/emphasize dry patches or settle into/highlight my pores. I was sent home with this and Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

I've tried this foundation several ways - with my fingers, a foundation brush, under varying levels of hydrated skin. I never use primer (though now I'm thinking I should consider it). This foundation looks incredible for about the first hour or so, and then the sad trombone and tiny violins start playing for me.

The texture is divine; that it has a jelly-like quality is a moot point. It smooths out so nicely over the skin that I really couldn't care less about the way the product looks before application. It feels like water on my skin and melds so beautifully with it that I just about cried with happiness. It blends like a dream. There was none of that awful suffocating mask feeling I get from most liquid foundations. It just seemed perfectly in between dewy and matte, perfectly hydrating, and exactly the finish and skin-feel I was looking for. The pretty scent is a nice bonus too. So I crossed my fingers and hoped this would be *the one*.

Fast forward about two to three hours. Every single time my skin looks shiny everywhere and my t-zone is a slick. And this is odd since it's a water-based formula and I always start with well-hydrated skin (my skin is combination-dry). Not even heavier tinted moisturizers make my skin look this shiny so quickly. The foundation hasn't settled into my pores; it's actually giving them more definition! Pores I didn't even see before are waving hello back at me in the mirror. Very fine lines that weren't there before are just there, hanging out in all their little glory. And my face actually feels like there's something a tad bit heavier on it when at first my skin feels free, light, and beautiful.

I honestly don't think it's the foundation that's the issue here. I really think it's how my skin is reacting to it. It's just not the product for me, whatever the reason is. My experiences with products often seem to be contrary to popular experience. This foundation is otherwise fabulous and I would totally recommend it to others.

I *really* wanted this foundation to be my unicorn in a bottle. Sadly, I'm still looking for what seems to be an otherwise mythical foundation.

EDIT - 09/20/13: I did some serious thinking about this product - I want it to work for me that badly. I recently started using the home-made vitamin C serum I found here on MUA, and I think this may have contributed to my skin looking worse under this foundation. Unlike some reviewers' experience, the vitamin C serum makes my skin dull and dry and once even seriously burned the skin around the sides of my nose, leaving the skin irritated and peeling badly! I stopped using the serum and already the foundation looks better on my skin.

I also noticed in direct sunlight tiny speckles of colour on my forehead that didn't blend in with my skin - obviously the colour is not right for me, which leads me to believe the MUFE shade I'm using is a tad too dark and is accentuating flaws because of this (I've experienced this twice before with other foundations). Since the MA at Sephora didn't colour match this foundation to my skin - she merely plucked it off a table, in a *dark* corner of the store, and said it was my colour. I'm going back to get matched in better light and by a better MA (I was given #20 Ivory, but I have yellow tones in my skin, not beige, and suspect #32 Alabaster may be a better shade for me).

I also applied a tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier TM in Nude) under this foundation this morning, in addition to my regular moisturizer. It seemed to create a better base for applying the foundation. I'll try this again when I get a MUFE shade more suited to my skintone and report back.

EDIT - 09/26/13: After I stopped using the awful homemade vitamin C serum I found here on MUA (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=75237) and worked on rehydrating my skin, this foundation began to look better and better on my skin. It is so easy to blend, so easy to build layers and never have them look obvious or cakey. It doesn't highlight anything now, neither my pores nor my fine lines. This stuff is simply amazing and it makes my skin look and feel amazing and natural. It really is a HG product, and it really is a unicorn in a bottle. I am so in love with it. I'm sticking with this for as long as MUFE makes it. And that's saying something since I almost never buy a product more than once.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is perfect for my constantly irritated and annoyed skin. I have dry, sensitive, clog prone skin with a million freckles, and this address all those issues beautifully. It stays on all day (I set it very lightly with a Cargo pressed powder) and has a very thin watery consistency that is super easy to layer and build up more coverage with. It stays on over my sunscreen perfectly, and doesn't add to much glow or matte effect to my skin. Honestly, I am so lazy with this foundation that I usually just rub it on like I do my sunscreen, and it still looks amazing. I did find that the MAC Face&Body had a little more staying power, but the color match was off. I haven't found any other foundation that I love more.