August 1, 2014 | 1794 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - Makeup Finishing Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

What am I doing wrong?! I spritz this three times after my entire makeup routine, and while it takes away any cakiness, I don't see much of a difference in the staying power of my makeup. Any tips on how to best utilize this spray? I really want to make it work for me since it is a little pricey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own both the original finishing spray and the No More Shine makeup finish spray. I found this worked better which is odd because I was expecting the No More Shine spray to work better for my oily skin.

The spray is extremely fine and dries down within 30 seconds which means you can just head out right after you done the spray and still look perfect. This has transformed my makeup routine because this makes my makeup have the most amazing lasting power. I do not wear makeup up till 16 hours because I think it's very damaging for the skin to be wearing makeup for such a long duration. Making my makeup last to 8-10 hours is perfectly fine and I'm sold!

This is great for those who loves to wear powder foundation or overdid your loose powder because it just melts your powder together, leaving you smooth skin that doesn't look powdery at all. I love to use this after I buff on my powder foundation which I spray in the "X" and "T" way. This does not make me look dewy or overly matte, just my natural skin should look like but with better coverage.

However, the smell of alcohol denat which is denatured alcohol in this is quite prominent. This very main ingredient kind of turns me off somehow. I will still repurchase but just the original spray because the no more shine spray doesn't seem to work very well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by normaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely shit all for me. Which is unfortunate.
Bought the No More Shine version and it looks fine for maybe five minutes. Very shortly afterwards it leaves my face looking plastic and by the end of the day, my face looks more greasy than ever before.

I've tried different methods. Spraying from further away, applying it to the brush, fingers, etc. NOTHING.

It just makes me look much worse than otherwise.
Such a shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by younga18

I stumbled upon the skindinavia finishing spray due the fact I have oily skin so I have to wear powder to stop my makeup literally sliding off. At first I was super skeptical as I have had no success with primers so thought this would be a similar story. Well I am glad I gave it ago as it is amazing. The one huge bonus is if you get to carried away with your powder and start looking way too matte it corrects it, and makes you look great. Somehow this product instantly turns your powder into a second skin and not a powdery mess. I am incredibly breakout prone and found this not to irritate my skin or cause any problems. I have recently run out and I am waiting for my new bottle to arrive and I can honestly say that I notice a huge difference not wearing it . You know a product is good if you are desperately waiting for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Love love love this for so many reasons. If you are looking for a way to make your makeup last longer, this is it.
I have primers but find myself not reaching for them as much as this. This is a must-have if you use powder products i.e. powder foundation, mineral foundation. It just melts all the products together and your powder makeup will then look like skin, but set that way.
Even if I am not using a powder product, I use this to 'freeze' my face, and it will last that way all day! This will give me a good 15 hrs wear to my face, and that is with a non-long-wearing fdtn.
It will also freeze eyeshadow really nicely!
I have the bridal version, because it works just as well or better than the original version (without making your face feel like you've put hairspray all over it) and it was a lot cheaper. I got the large bottle for $30! I think the original is double that price.
Plus if I do makeup for a bride, they will feel as though I'm using the appropriate product haha.
Overall, if you are looking for a setting spray, this one works fantastically. I have not used any of the others on the market, but I know that this one and the MUFE one are the forerunners.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mioche

Doesn't control the oil like it should, I still need to touch up and I don't like the slimy feeling my skin gets, and I can't touch up powder over the top. Plus I still look really oily in photos so I've stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by blairrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love! My makeup still looks good at the end of the day. I really like the sprayer...it disperses a fine mist unlike other sprays. The price is the only downfall but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I discovered this recently and I am in love with it. I've always had problems making my make up last all day but this has really saved the day. I use this over everything, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizers, and powder foundations. With tinted moisturizers, I usually only get around 3 shine-free hours of wear but with this, I get 8 hours. With foundations, I find that when I use this I don't have to blot mid-day anymore and it's just awesome. Definitely definitely repurchasing.

The packaging is decent too though it could be better. I find that it doesn't spray as easier or evenly as MAC fix plus so I might just transfer mine into my fix plus bottle once I finish it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Much like Urban Decay All Nighter (made by the same company) this is a waste of money. If you REALLY want your makeup to seriously last then try Ben Nye Final Seal or Model in a Bottle setting sprays, they're cheaper & actually work. I went to a rave for New Years & several other events where you're up dancing for hours & sweating & this honestly didn't hold up, my makeup never stayed as well with this then my other sprays. I mean this sprays really fine & it's refreshing but it almost just feels like water. It doesn't make your makeup transfer, water, or rub resistant. Sure your makeup will stay on maybe a bit longer with this then without but not by much. The only good things about it is that it feels very refreshing (it sprays a very fine mist), it makes your makeup look less powdery/makeup-ey & more like skin (much like Fix +), doesn't feel heavy, drying, or shelacked but it just doesn't cut it for me, wouldn't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Sunnyday99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Magic in a bottle!! A friend was given the Bridal version for a bridesmaid gift for a wedding she was in. I tried it for a girls night out and I am in love!! I ended up buying the Makeup Finishing Spray and I use it for work and my makeup stays on all day and I bring this with me for weddings and parties esp when I'll be dancing the night away. It's a light spray and feels great going on. My make up doesn't move. LOVE love love!