Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.2

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 6/27/2013 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't notice a positive difference with this product at all. I've tried spraying it 1 time, 2, 4 times, close to my face, far away, spray and walk through it. Didn't notice any positive difference.
I did notice a weird, negative difference though. When I spray it on my face, my face kind of looks darker. It's so odd. It's like this product causes my foundation to oxidize immediately. my face immediately turns darker and has a bit of an orange tint. It also makes my pores look slightly bigger, and my foundation slightly cakier instantly. but doesn't make my foundation last longer. My foundation just looks generally worse after spraying this product.
I don't really understand this product. And yes, I do shake it for a while before spraying. Really glad it works for other people, but it doesn't for me.
Good luck x

on 6/12/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It helps my makeup last ALL DAY LONG! I wear this year-round and with all types of foundations...from tinted moisturizers to mineral foundations. I was able to wear a full face of makeup in 90+ degree weather and I believe this product kept everything in place. It has a pleasant fragrance that isn't overwhelming and doesn't seem to irritate my acne-prone skin. I purchased this product on the Dermstore.com website at $19 for the 2oz. bottle. I know it is pricey, but it is one of the FEW beauty products I am always willing to spend $$$ on. Buy it, try it and you won't regret it!

It works for me. I simply apply it to the finished face, and that's it. I read some people experience the feeling as if their face is covered with a film which doesn't allow the skin to breath, don't think I noticed it, maybe a little bit.

on 5/9/2013 10:04:00 PM

I cant get this to work for me. It looks downright horrid. I've done 3 sprays, 2 sprays, 1 spray, 12 inches, 2 feet, arm length, hell, I've even sprayed it in the air and walked my face through it. It just looks like plastic film on me. But its made in America so 1 lippie for that!

on 4/9/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I gave it 4 stars because shipping took terribly long and it couldn't keep the oil away from my nose but other than that, this product is great! I was interested in makeup staying sprays due to the climate where I live in which is hot and humid all year round and makeup tends to melt easily. I was put off by the price tag of UD's all nighter spray. $48 for a 4 oz bottle? You got to be kidding me right? I decided instead to put my money down on Skindinavia's makeup artist kit which consists of 2 bottles of 8 oz makeup staying sprays, the original and the no more shine ones. I am currently using the original one.

Due to my good skin, I don't use liquid foundations. I use my favourite MakeupForever Duo Mat and after which I spritz about 3-4 sprays of skindinavia and wow, the powdery effect of the foundation is gone! Also my makeup lasts through out the day with minimal touchups except for my nose area which is just too oily.

Will repurchase but way before I finish as shipping was just too long. Paid $70 for 2 8 oz botthles. Quite a steal and Skindinavia often has discounts as well.

on 4/5/2013 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was extremely reluctant to buy this - $29 for 4 oz of product is a big investment (or potentially a big waste if the product is bad).
I'm in Australia, and as far as I know there isn't any retailer or otherwise that sells Skindinavia, so I didn't have the opportunity to try before buying. But I decided that the risk could really pay off, and bought the regular 4 oz bottle online.

So first off, my skin is very dry (but I can get shiny on my nose and forehead), and I need a way to keep my skin/makeup dewy and not powdery.

I am usually at University or work, and almost every day that I use makeup I need it to last 8+ hours with minimal touchups.

Even after hearing amazing things about this product, I was still skeptical about the power of setting sprays in general - they do sound like a marketing hoax in a lot of ways to be perfectly honest.

How I use it on days when I REALLY need makeup to last, I will spray it after my foundation + concealer, then spray again after I have finished eyes/rest of my face, including face powder. Otherwise I will just spray it once after all my makeup is on.

I am completely hooked on this!
It makes my makeup look so dewy and natural, even when I have a full face of makeup on. It increases the staying power so much, I don't have to constantly touch up during the day anymore.

The spray pump dispenses the product in a really nice fine mist, which means minimal product for maximum effect! I can't imagine running out of it anytime soon.

I can't vouch for its oil-controlling properties, seeing as my face literally never gets oily. But based on my experience, I'd say that it doesn't have any kind of mattifying effect. Oily skinned gals would be better off getting the matte version of this (I can't remember what it's called).

There's no denying it's expensive, but it's so worth it! A+

on 3/29/2013 8:28:00 PM

This is an amazing makeup setting spray. I've tried another setting spray in the past, Model in a Bottle, but was turned off at how my face felt like I had plastered it with a layer of extra hold hairspray. My skin felt hard and suffocated. Skindinavia's makeup setting spray is a million times better! The bottle sprays a fine, even, refreshing mist over my face which dries quickly to a matte finish with no residual feeling at all. I've noticed that my makeup definitely lasts a lot longer with the setting spray than without. I have an oily t-zone and I usually have to blot my t-zone 3 hours after I've applied my makeup. Even with blotting, my makeup is usually melted half off by the end of the workday. With the setting spray, I won't have to blot and, after 7-8 hours, my makeup looks very close to what it looked like when I left my house in the morning. It's not identical, but it definitely hasn't melted off. The way that I apply this setting spray is that I spray it 5-6 times all over my face after I've applied all of my cosmetics save for mascara which is the very last step in my makeup routine. The spray dries within a few seconds and I'm basically done for the day.

Skindinavia's customer service is incredible too. My package contained a faulty bottle and Skindinavia's customer service responded to my email within a few hours. They were incredibly nice and polite in their response and sent me a new bottle within 24 hours. Overall, incredibly pleased with this company and the original makeup setting spray! :)

on 3/14/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this product upon a recommendation from a youtube makeup guru because I had problems with becoming oily after a 2-3 hours and my makeup not staying put. Turns out that I was exfoliating too much and that was leading to the shine according to my dermatologist. As for the makeup not staying fresh without reapplying I will just have to find something else because Skindinavia does nothing for my skin and is way too expensive for me to be purchasing such a poor product. Spraying too close, spraying far away, it did not matter for this product, it did not achieve what I wanted.

on 2/24/2013 11:55:00 PM

It looked great for the first 2 minutes, then my foundation looked cakey.

on 2/15/2013 10:12:00 AM

I can't live without this product. I have used it for almost a year now and I don't feel my makeup is "done" until I use Skindinavia. I originally purchased it (after reading many rave reviews) for a wedding I was going to in the middle of the steamy summer. That night it kept my makeup in place and I loved not having to worry about touching up-picture perfect. I fell in LOVE with Skindinavia. Now I use it EVERYDAY to keep my makeup looking fresh and flawless. I'm so happy i've found this. It's a super light spray that sets within seconds. I would strongly recommend this to all makeup lovers!

Popular Primer/ Correctors