November 26, 2014 | 1597 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tendertones are fantastic. They keep my lips moisturized as well as provide that glossy finish that I love. They smell fantastic, and they are sheer enough to where I'm not afraid to wear just about any of them. These are perfect for day wear any day of the week. I keep one in my bag all the time. They're perfect, if not a little pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by tatsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oooh I love my Hot 'n' Saucy Tendertones. I went through it pretty fast, but recently faster because I'm trying to recycle it for Back to Mac. I have extremely sensitive lips, they get crusty fast so I'm really choosy about my lip balm. Also, I don't have very naturally pigmented lips, they're pretty corpsey. Tendertone in Hot 'n' Saucy was my solution. Very emollient, nice little tint of red, and has SPF! Only thing is, it's in a pot, so you have to use your fingers or a lip brush. Smells like strawberry too, can't go wrong with that!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Bybs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac states that the Tendertones combine the look of a gloss and the benefits of a balm and include an SPF of 12. The product is housed in a small glass pot with a black screw top lid and contains 6ml or 0.2 oz. of product. I purchased Pucker (Sheer red with blue and purple pearl) and Tender Baby (Sheer, creamy baby pink) Firstly, I have to say that I don't absolutely love these but then again I don't hate them either. I like my tinted lip products to pack a little punch in the color department and I find that these are a little too sheer for my liking. Having said that though, I don't believe that MAC intended these to be marketed as a gloss but rather as a lip conditioner or balm. The great thing about Tendertones is that they apply smoothly, aren't thick nor sticky and they feel quite moisturizing on my lips. The product is lightly scented with a sweet, fruity scent and has little to no taste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

first of all packaging sucks. i hate sticking my finger in this when i'm out and looking for a tissue to wipe my fingers. colors are pretty..but most are really sheer. but the main reason why it got such a low rating from me is because it doesn't last very long. i swear the tint of color goes away within 20 mins or less. it just looks like i'm wearing clear gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

I absolutely love this balm!! I bought it in Purring at the CCO for $10 USD. It looks like a bright coral orange in the pot but when you apply it, it's quite sheer. It comes in special white packaging that is embossed with MAC logos. The balm comes in a glass pot similar to paint pots with a screw top lid. The texture is thicker then a balm but thinner then a gloss. It has very good staying power on my lips and gives a nice shine. I also love the smell of the tendertones, it smells like candy! The only gripe one might have about this product is that it's in a pot and you would need to use a lip brush or your finger to get at it but I don't mind toting along a retractable brush with this because I love this product that much. Definate must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by babyexplicit69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a lot of people say they hate that they have to stick their fingers into the jar. but for some reason thats something i love about this product. im pretty strange huh? this stuff feels like a balm on your lips very smooth and moisturizing BUT it looks like lipgloss! which i love because when i wear lipgloss i usually use my labello lip balm underneath and thats another step i have to do. where as tendertones i can just put those on and its gloss and balm all in one. they smell soooo good. i have tread gently, hush hush, and ez baby which is my favourite. and i will be getting soft note and either shush! or tenderbaby very soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

I love these! When I got the MAC e-mail of this, I didn't really pay attention to them. Then I went to MAC & saw them in
person, I knew I wanted EZ Baby & then I saw Take a Hint, just so pretty! So I started with those 2, they are pretty sheer, but that's fine with me. For a little more color I ordered Hot & Saucy & Sweet & Nice, when they had F&F sale. Oh & the fruity scent is just so good, like previously stated, I too love it! The feel is just so moisturizing & feels I want to say cushiony? They feel so good I even use at bedtime. To me they are not your average lipbalm, they're so much better!:)

So here's the breakdown:

EZ Baby - Milky light pink, no shimmer

Take a Hint- Light pink with shimmer (almost pearly?) reminds me of a lighter version of Gentle Shimmer Slimshine *my favorite so far, 1/2 gone already & just got it the beginning of June.:O

Hot & Saucy - Sheer red no shimmer.

Sweet & Nice - Plum/Grape with shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by 2kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Help please - which has more pigmentation - Take a Hint or Sweet Tooth? I want to buy one during my lunch hour so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Never mind I ended up buying both Take a Hint and Sweet Tooth. I love the texture and smell. I wish they had slightly more pigmentation but overall it's good. Shiny and great for summer. I think I like Sweet Tooth slightly more but both are pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nerdcat

I'm like a kid with a prize in her cereal box... I want to collect them ALL!!
I do wish I didn't have to use my finger to apply, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sibby04

It looks good and it smells good too, but too bad it didnt have any a hint of sweet taste like the regular TLC. Overall it still a very good lip conditioner coz of it's creamy texture. It;s creamier than the regular's, so i think it's good for ppl who's looking for a thicker lipmbalm texture

The downside is the glass pot, it;s kinda haevy