April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by pettar15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this product for a long time now, and I must say it works really well! I would definately recommend it for anyone with oily/combination skin, dry skin(it usually does a nice hydration job), or anyone with uneven skin! The mineral veil honestly works so well, 5 star product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by cecilija

For years, I was swearing in Chanel's Vita Lumiere & Matte Lumiere foundation. I would now and then try something else, mostly Kanebo and Mac, but would always come back to these two (Vita for winter, Matte for summers) and became certain that no other powder or foundation could provide that perfect mixture of great coverage and glowing, dewy skin.

Then, this autumn in Paris, I saw a starter kit in Light (containing 2 powders, Mineral Veil, Warmth and a primer, plus 3 brushes) for a price that was just slightly higher then what I was intending to spend on my new Chanel foundation. I became seriously tempted after the sales girl did a little demonstration on back of my hand , and in this case my inability to resist a temptation proved to be very beneficial.

Although it seems like you are applying nothing on your skin, every morning I can literally see my pores and any redness vanish before my eyes. My skin looks fresh, glowing, healthy and even - and all that without looking or feeling that you have any make up on. But most of all, I was surprised with staying power and long lasting -I literally don't have any needs for a touch up during the day- and I have oily T zone and before BM I would always have to carry pressed powder and blotting papers with me.

As soon as I finish with this package (it will probably last me for another month-and I bought the kit in November), I will give a Matte version a try.

Yes, I am converted.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by klmanville

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never written a review on makeup before but I love this product so much I had to do it. For the majority of my life I have struggled with genetic acne. Now I still have some acne, and a lot of scars. I've tried everything under the sun to try to mask my acne and acne scars. From Estee Lauder, Clinique, Shishiedo, Lancome, etc. So I ended up using MAC studio fix fluid cause it was the best coverage that I could find. I would still complain about it and everyone would tell me to use bare minerals. I was always afraid to try a powder like foundation cause i thought it wouldn't give me the coverage that I needed. after countless times lingering around the bare minerals counter and many recommendations I finally let the counter girl apply the bare minerals to my face. When she was done I thought it looked a little weird but i think thats just cause wasnt use to it. but i decided to take home the getting started kit. I've gotten use to applying and i absolutely love this product. I like the way that it blends perfectly, better than any liquid i've ever tried before. The foundation covers well and even better when you use their concelar. It feels like i'm not wearing any makeup at all and it gives me a really natural pretty glow. Buy this product if you are over liquid! take the leap of faith and do it. it is a little pricey but well worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by ppmharley

I bought this make up and each time I've tried it (different seasons), after wearing it a while, my skin becomes itchy and then starts to burn. When I wash it off, then my skin is red and burning for days. I don't know why, but I just can't take it. I will sometimes wear it for a few hours, if I have some where special to go, but never in the summer time. It's even worse then. My forehead seems to be the worst when this happens and it also rolls off, if I run across my face.
I do have sensitive skin and there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. So now I don't wear make up at all :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I got this mineral makeup after seeing it from a friend who looks great wearing it. It has great coverage and my face is glowy like I'm sporting a healthy tan. 'Blends well too and easy to use for quick makeup days. The only reason I didn't reach for this often is it doesn't help with my oily skin. I don't like the greasy look after a short time upon wearing it. But I'm not saying this powder won't work for everybody coz my friend who has a more mature skin than me, really benefits from using this. Her skin is not oily like mine, so she really benefits using BE. Although, I'm getting the shine with this, I would still repurchase. I could pair this up with my matte liquid foundation, just to give me a little "oomph" on places where I want the glow it gives. This will do great also on hot summer days if I want a wet beach look on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bare Minerals is my all time favorite foundation! Obviously it's not a liquid, so its not heavy, won't slide, and it won't make you feel like you're wearing a mask. I did order the wrong color, but that was on my part. I'm reordering, but this time it will be in fair and not light. It covered blemishes beautifully! My skin was glowing, and you don't have to drag and waste product by applying it on your neck. It was wonderful! This has NEVER slipped off my face, and I get really oily during school. It's a little pricy, but it's so worth the splurge. Being a teenager, it made my skin look natural and fresh. Couldn't have asked for a better product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I once loved this foundation. the mineral veil was always an eh product for me, but the other was so good I didn't mind that (they came together in a starter set though I repurchased the foundation several times). It was my hg for a few years, I loved the finish, its not for everyone, and it does impart somewhat of a glow, but no shimmer, no sparkles nor glitter. I find it has great coverage and can look natural if you mist with water or setting spray after. Very good staying power, plus color wise, I was able to find quite fair shades that skewed yellow rather than pink, not an easy feat. I also loved that it was truly the 5 minute face that magazines always give tutorials on, but usually take more like 20 or more.

I have a condition that causes my skin to not produce a natural moisture barrier anymore, so everything irritates it. I believe the bismuth was the culprit that did me in. One day I had redness, itching, bumps, and could no longer tolerate that ingredient. I believe it was due to my skin becoming more sensitive as my condition wore on, but really wish bismuth would no longer be included since so many reviewers cannot tolerate it. Sad because I loved the stuff, would still be wearing it if I could, have not found other mineral powders comparable in coverage nor finish at all. I will give it a 4 because it does what it claims to and well, but its simply not for me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Okay light diffuser in the winter, but if there's any humidity in the air this stuff just cakes and looks like sweaty greasy mess. It was included in my Bare Minerals starter kit, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. As is, I will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by nursejday13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to have acne and red spots, I struggled with finding a foundation that would provide good coverage, repair my skin, look natural and last all day, and then I found Bare Minerals Foundation!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
I have combination skin, so some areas on my face would get oily whereas some would dry out and that had always been a problem for me until I tried this product. It keeps my face even all day, doesn't sweat off, looks natural and I never need to reapply. It even has improved my skin quality, I rarely EVER break out anymore.
I have some large pores on my nose and this product makes them disappear. It covers up any redness but looks sooooo NATURAL!
I had tried everything from drug store brands, to Clinique, Lancome and MAC but nothing comes close to BareMinerals foundation!
To people who say it looks dry or cakey, it doesn't, you just have to apply a moisturizer to your face before you apply, use a small amount of the mineral foundation, swirl the brush in the minerals, tap off any excess, then buff into your skin. If you require more coverage in certain areas, repeat the process.
It does not make fine lines or pores more noticeable for me, it actually makes my skin look flawless! I get so many compliments on my skin now and people saying how great and even my complexion is now.
I honestly don't think I will ever switch foundations, this is the best stuff by far! It lasts all day, sometimes I work up to 16 hours and at the end of the day it looks the same as I did when I had just applied it.
I love the new packaging with the locking sifter so you can put it in your purse and not lose any of the product!
The mineral veil, I just apply lightly like a setting powder and it keeps my makeup intact all day!
I STRONGLY reccomend this product to anyone who wants a natural, yet buildable foundation that is actually good for your skin!
I have got so many of my friends, sister and my mom hooked on this product once they saw the results that I got from it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got the bare minerals original mineral veil in a sephora exclusive kit. i didn't like anything that came with the kit, i returned it the week after. the mineral viel made my skin look dry, made my pores look bigger, and didn't control oil. it claimed to minimize pores and hide oil, it didn't do that.