July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Still looking for a HG foundation. This foundation magnified every pore and wrinkle on my face (even ones I didn't know I had!), At first I though it looked great, then moved into a different light - holy cow!!!!what happened. Tried to buff it out, nothing, then got really oily looking in my T zone. Kept trying to perfect it for a week, then I broke out something wild on my chin and forehead. Obviously not the foundation for me. Back to Sephora!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by GSTENING

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a month now and i have totally broken out in pimples - particularly on my forehead. I have decided today that I am no longer going to use this product. I have never have acne let alone a pimple my whole life - and as soon as i started to use this product my skin erupted with what seems like a life times worth of pimples that i missed out on! on the other hand my sister uses the product and swears by it still - i really just think it depends on your skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by pettar15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this product for a long time now, and I must say it works really well! I would definately recommend it for anyone with oily/combination skin, dry skin(it usually does a nice hydration job), or anyone with uneven skin! The mineral veil honestly works so well, 5 star product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by cecilija

For years, I was swearing in Chanel's Vita Lumiere & Matte Lumiere foundation. I would now and then try something else, mostly Kanebo and Mac, but would always come back to these two (Vita for winter, Matte for summers) and became certain that no other powder or foundation could provide that perfect mixture of great coverage and glowing, dewy skin.

Then, this autumn in Paris, I saw a starter kit in Light (containing 2 powders, Mineral Veil, Warmth and a primer, plus 3 brushes) for a price that was just slightly higher then what I was intending to spend on my new Chanel foundation. I became seriously tempted after the sales girl did a little demonstration on back of my hand , and in this case my inability to resist a temptation proved to be very beneficial.

Although it seems like you are applying nothing on your skin, every morning I can literally see my pores and any redness vanish before my eyes. My skin looks fresh, glowing, healthy and even - and all that without looking or feeling that you have any make up on. But most of all, I was surprised with staying power and long lasting -I literally don't have any needs for a touch up during the day- and I have oily T zone and before BM I would always have to carry pressed powder and blotting papers with me.

As soon as I finish with this package (it will probably last me for another month-and I bought the kit in November), I will give a Matte version a try.

Yes, I am converted.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by klmanville

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never written a review on makeup before but I love this product so much I had to do it. For the majority of my life I have struggled with genetic acne. Now I still have some acne, and a lot of scars. I've tried everything under the sun to try to mask my acne and acne scars. From Estee Lauder, Clinique, Shishiedo, Lancome, etc. So I ended up using MAC studio fix fluid cause it was the best coverage that I could find. I would still complain about it and everyone would tell me to use bare minerals. I was always afraid to try a powder like foundation cause i thought it wouldn't give me the coverage that I needed. after countless times lingering around the bare minerals counter and many recommendations I finally let the counter girl apply the bare minerals to my face. When she was done I thought it looked a little weird but i think thats just cause wasnt use to it. but i decided to take home the getting started kit. I've gotten use to applying and i absolutely love this product. I like the way that it blends perfectly, better than any liquid i've ever tried before. The foundation covers well and even better when you use their concelar. It feels like i'm not wearing any makeup at all and it gives me a really natural pretty glow. Buy this product if you are over liquid! take the leap of faith and do it. it is a little pricey but well worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by ppmharley

I bought this make up and each time I've tried it (different seasons), after wearing it a while, my skin becomes itchy and then starts to burn. When I wash it off, then my skin is red and burning for days. I don't know why, but I just can't take it. I will sometimes wear it for a few hours, if I have some where special to go, but never in the summer time. It's even worse then. My forehead seems to be the worst when this happens and it also rolls off, if I run across my face.
I do have sensitive skin and there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. So now I don't wear make up at all :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I got this mineral makeup after seeing it from a friend who looks great wearing it. It has great coverage and my face is glowy like I'm sporting a healthy tan. 'Blends well too and easy to use for quick makeup days. The only reason I didn't reach for this often is it doesn't help with my oily skin. I don't like the greasy look after a short time upon wearing it. But I'm not saying this powder won't work for everybody coz my friend who has a more mature skin than me, really benefits from using this. Her skin is not oily like mine, so she really benefits using BE. Although, I'm getting the shine with this, I would still repurchase. I could pair this up with my matte liquid foundation, just to give me a little "oomph" on places where I want the glow it gives. This will do great also on hot summer days if I want a wet beach look on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bare Minerals is my all time favorite foundation! Obviously it's not a liquid, so its not heavy, won't slide, and it won't make you feel like you're wearing a mask. I did order the wrong color, but that was on my part. I'm reordering, but this time it will be in fair and not light. It covered blemishes beautifully! My skin was glowing, and you don't have to drag and waste product by applying it on your neck. It was wonderful! This has NEVER slipped off my face, and I get really oily during school. It's a little pricy, but it's so worth the splurge. Being a teenager, it made my skin look natural and fresh. Couldn't have asked for a better product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I once loved this foundation. the mineral veil was always an eh product for me, but the other was so good I didn't mind that (they came together in a starter set though I repurchased the foundation several times). It was my hg for a few years, I loved the finish, its not for everyone, and it does impart somewhat of a glow, but no shimmer, no sparkles nor glitter. I find it has great coverage and can look natural if you mist with water or setting spray after. Very good staying power, plus color wise, I was able to find quite fair shades that skewed yellow rather than pink, not an easy feat. I also loved that it was truly the 5 minute face that magazines always give tutorials on, but usually take more like 20 or more.

I have a condition that causes my skin to not produce a natural moisture barrier anymore, so everything irritates it. I believe the bismuth was the culprit that did me in. One day I had redness, itching, bumps, and could no longer tolerate that ingredient. I believe it was due to my skin becoming more sensitive as my condition wore on, but really wish bismuth would no longer be included since so many reviewers cannot tolerate it. Sad because I loved the stuff, would still be wearing it if I could, have not found other mineral powders comparable in coverage nor finish at all. I will give it a 4 because it does what it claims to and well, but its simply not for me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Okay light diffuser in the winter, but if there's any humidity in the air this stuff just cakes and looks like sweaty greasy mess. It was included in my Bare Minerals starter kit, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. As is, I will definitely not be repurchasing.