April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really really excellent stuff. I have the shiniest nose and forehead of anyone I know - this lasts 5-6 hours, then I get a little glow but I still look *normal*. I just blot with a tissue after 8ish hours (don't need to reapply).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Cytheria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

ok my first review on MUA after using this product i had to write one so i bought this from allcosmeticwholesales.com just got it yesturday and tried it out today and omg i love it ive been running from store to store in fl (very humid n hot) and even through all that no shine and still have that soft feel of the powder on my face as if i just applied it! it was hard to get the powder out and i found it odd that it was white but it went on amazingly i cant imagine going without it ever again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ash333

So I recieved this product last night and decided to try it over the makeup I'd applied 8 hours earlier and OMG it was amazing!! It literally reduced 8 hours worth of oil/shine by like 90%. I cannot wait to try this over freshly applied makeup because I think it will prevent oil and shine all together and i'll be sure to update when I do but think this is going to be my HG product :)
UPDATE: I am still very happy with this product and it definately does a great job controlling shine. One thing I must stress is that this is only designed to control shine, It wont give you a flawless face if your makeup underneath isn't of good quality. I do agree that it sticks to dry spots. With my combination skin I find it works great over Revlon's colorstay foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by emmut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS POWDER IS AMAZING!
My skin: sensitive, OILY and acne prone. After an entire day it looks like I just splashed my face with grease.

For about 2 months ago I finally decided to purchase this powder after reading all the positive reviews here on MUA. And I'm glad I did. Usually I have to touch up my entire face after 20 minutes to maintain a shine free face. I got really tired of always looking and feeling oily so I decided to give this a try.

The first thing I tried was putting this powder over an already oily face and WHAM! - It looked like I've just washed my face, the powder just sucked it all up! Usually when applying powder over an oily face it kind of streaks immediatly, but Kryolan anti shine powder didn't.

The next thing I tried was putting it over liquid foundation like a finishing powder, it looked flawless and it kept the shine away for 8 hours. After 8 hours it didn't look oily really, more like a semi-matte. Except for my t-zone, where I had to touch up. But after that it looked matte throughout the rest of the day.

Then I tried it over a stickfoundation, it looked matte for hours and hours - a quick touch up after 10 hours and NO SHINE for the rest of the day.

I also used it as a primer, applied foundation, and then used the Kryolan powder again as a finishing powder. AND NO SHINE AT ALL!

Yet another thing I tried was to pack on loads of this on my face. It looked a bit powdery to begin with but it melted into my face after half an hour. Doing this really made a difference, again - no shine. The more you apply of this, it seems to really improve the matte look and staying power. But you only need a little bit for a matte face for hours.

By the way... in all tests with this powder, I used a crappy, cheap powder brush from H&M. You don't need fancy brushes with this!

The only complain I have is the jar. It is not traveling friendly. It has to stand up straight or else the powder will get everywhere when you open up the lid. It is not a very attractive jar, but then again - it's theater makeup, it doesn't need to look good. Isn't this a positive thing, though? When a products packaging looks luxurious it feels like you're paying more for the jar than the product. It's the opposite with Kryolan Anti-shine powder, You're paying for the AMAZING powder and not some fancy jar, the jar just comes with it.

It's dirt cheap, I paid 159 SEK (=21$) for 30 grams of powder, this will last forever. And when the powder runs out, I will absolutely buy another one... or three! ^^

People with oily skin will benefit greatly from this. Kryolan Anti-shine powder is HG material!

I was so impressed with this powder that I gave away a jar to a friend as a birthday-present, and she loves this too! She also has oily skin and finds this to be the answer to her problem.

Note that this is the very first review I have ever written on MUA, and that means that the product is wonderful and deserves to be praised!
HG, HG, HG, HG..!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin that i typically need to blot several times throughout the day. I really do notice a difference when using this powder. The only way i have used it is as a setting powder for my liquid foundation (which is nice in the t-zone; but found it to be too drying for rest of my face) and i've also tried it just as a finishing/dusting powder once i have all my makeup on. This will not keep the oil away 100% (don't think there is a product that exists) however it will help to keep you oil-free for as long as your skin can. If you are looking for a less expensive powder to help combat oil/shine i would def recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder really keeps you shine free for more than ten hours. I live in a hot humid country & I have super oily skin, I dusted this on in the morning & was happy & shine-free till the evening. will re-buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by big_tuna

Love this stuff. I use a makeup sponge to blot it on my T zone and I'm good to go all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by cherryumbrella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I have sensitive combination type skin with a really oily t-zone. This powder is amazing because it can keep my t-zone less shiny (shine breakthrough abit after 4 hrs, but not too awful looking). Gives a matte look and looks natural even when you put on alot, as long as you use fix+ or something afterwards (otherwise looks abit white and "dead"). Definitely I think everyone oily should give this a try... I got it off ebay (hard to find otherwise) and was so glad i tried it. I tried so many products to keep my t-zone matte (Marcelle was my previous HG, but the color match was poor), and was about to give up when I read about this product on MUA. It's only around $15 + shipping for a large container so I thought even if it ends up a flop at least it's not too expensive a mistake... so glad I gave it a chance. The container is large and hard to bring around but hey I can tolerate a little inconvenience for the good results I get. Highly recommended....HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetcandies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! This product is amazing! I use this to set my dermablend & BB cream & I just really love it! I used the Dermablend setting powder before and that was just absolute crapp! But this, is a whole other story! When I first dabbed some on my skin, it was just SOOO soft & covered up all my oiliness right away! I just love this powder soo much! It is defenitely the best setting powder I have ever tried& probally the best I WILL ever try! :D
Defenitely worth your money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by overcaffeine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT A MIRACLE PRODUCT BUT IT IS AMAZING. I HAVE VERY OILY SKIN. This does not make my face look ashy, this does not cake. It does what it does--seal in makeup and keep oil at bay. I couldn't say this completely eliminated oil, but I live in the Philippines where temperatures hit 38 degrees celsius and with super oily skin, I use to blot my face with oil control film every hour. With Kryolan anti shine on, I only blot every 4-5 hours.