April 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this powder over my Missha BB cream everyday! It gives my face such a radiant glow that I cannot get with any other powder. It looks natural and does not look cakey and flat, it gives your face a boost, and makes me look more awake because it brightens my complexion, I'm NC42 in studio fix for reference. The only con is that towards 5pm-6pm I have to re-apply to get rid of oil that starts to peek through, but even after re-applying it does not look cakey or powdery just perfect!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MSF in Medium Dark works for so many people. When I apply makeup on other faces, most of the girls and boys fall into this colour (we have Chinese, Nepalese and Indians!). When used dry, it provides light coveage and the finish is not cakey nor dull. I use it all over my face when I'm tanned (NC 30 in summer), and use it as a bronzer when I'm paler (NC20-25). It is finely milled, and it does not dry up nor emphasize the flakiness of my problematic dry skin, and it looks so smooth when applied wet! Use a stippling brush, you can get sheer results. As a bronzer, it doesn't quite show up even on my NC 20 (even I apply heavily) so I much prefer NARS Laguna for contouring.

All in all, it's a great poduct that I have hit pan, and I have seen it working wonders for many Asian skintones. Great great colour to work with!

Texture: 5/5 very fine powder, does not dry up my skin, not cakey
Function: 4.5/5 light to medium coveage (dry/wet application), even skin tones
Pigmentation/Colour: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: 4.5/5 25.5 for 7g in Hong Kong, can be used every day
Overall: 4.6/5

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by KarlaMillan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was very hesitate to buy this product, because I had bought other Mac products before and even though they worked amazing, they always made my brake out, after months of debating whether or not to buy it, I finally ended up buying it.
And I have been very pleased with it. It give my skin a very natural soft look, which is what I was looking for.
But unfortunately, I have noticed I have been breaking out a little bit, wish these products didn't make me brake out, they work amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by LMHP1

I love the natural look this powder gives you (looks almost like you have no powder on at all which is exactly what I wanted) but for some reason it causes me to breakout. May be a bad powder if you have oily or blemish prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ninasimoncelli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my HG finishing powder. It makes me look flawless and it takes the shine away. I use it with MACs pro longwear foundation and it looks amazing. I can use it anytime during the year,it blends so well. I will re-purchase when i run out. A little expensive, but totallly worth the money!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is a good powder for those looking for a light to medium coverage (I've read from Karla Sugar that it can provide more coverage if used wet -- although I have not tried it myself). The finish of this powder leaves a satin/semi-matte finish on my skin. I have oily skin and I notice the product "melts" into my skin right away and does not oxidize during the day. It doesn't look powdery and cakey, but I would have to blot with a tissue and re-apply later on (which is no problem -- I have come to terms I will get oil no matter what).

Anyway, I use this powder to set my L'Oreal BB cream and MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers. It does a fabulous job at holding these products in place. What I enjoy about this powder is the finish it leaves. You can definitely layer it for more coverage, but it never looks flat or dry. In the pan, the powder itself isn't matte. It has particles in it that has a very LIGHT sheen.

My two gripes with this powder is that I have to mix two colors to fit my NC30-35/C4, yellow asian skin tone and its price. Medium Plus is slightly light and neutral/pink for me while Medium Dark is too dark is golden/yellow, but slightly too dark for my coloring at the moment. Therefore, I would use MAC 187 or MAC 109 brush and dip the brush in both powders to get a proper color. I wish the price is lower too compared to other MAC powders (such as Studio Careblend or Select Sheer) for the same, if not, more product. I have learned to not rub the brush over and over to pick up more powder, but to dip and layer on for more coverage. I will continue to buy this as I enjoy the finish it provides.

EDIT (as of 07/27/12): I returned this along with Medium Plus. The color even when the two are mixed together still left a pink cast on my face. Having to pay almost $60 dollars and having to use two powders and still not get a proper color match was not worth it.

I also lowered the overall rating to a 3 (used to be 4) and price to a 3 (used to be 4). The color seems to suit more cool toned and neutral skin tones as these powders have a red-dish tint to them. A MAC SA mention to me when I returned the powders that these powders tend to lean a little more pink/red than yellow/golden.

For reference, I started using NYX's Stay Matte, but Not Flat powder foundation. The coverage is similar to MSFN and so is the finish and texture. I am using Medium Beige and the color suits me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by littlerosex

I have very fair skin and I was looking for a bronzer to contour my face with so the makeup artist gave me this and it has become my holy Grail! I love this to contour and warm up my skin , it is matte and has no orange tones and it was a beautiful texture ! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG powder! I've had this product for such a long time; I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!
I got it in Medium Dark because I thought Medium Plus looked a little light, but apparently Medium Plus is supposed to be the perfect match for NC35 skintones. But anyway, Medium Dark is still a pretty good match for me. Since it has rather light coverage, the color doesn't look too dark on me at all.
I should note, however, that MSFN shades lean towards neutral, almost pink, so those of you with strong yellow undertones should avoid this.
Sometimes I use this as a foundation over my concealer and primer. If I don't use it as a foundation, then I use it for touch-ups throughout the day, or as a setting powder over my foundation or tinted moisturizer. Some people use it as a bronzer too.
I think it provides the PERFECT amount of coverage. The light-to-medium coverage is enough to even out skintone and cover some minor blemishes. I also really do like the finish. It has a lovely natural satin finish that looks flawless under all lighting.
I do get slightly oily by the end of the day, but I don't mind touching up once or twice. That said, this isn't a powder that's meant to control oil, so I don't recommend this for those with oily skin.
The packaging is in the classic black MAC compact, although I'm not very fond of it. The little clear window on the lid isn't attached to the lid at all as you might think; it's actually a flimsy thin plastic thing that always falls off. I prefer a built-in mirror, or a least something that's attached and won't fall off. The compact itself is durable, at least. Packaging earns a rating of a 2.
The price is very reasonable. For $29, you get 0.35 oz. of product. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just do a light dusting on your whole face, this product should last you a while. Also, I should add that MAC is actually cheap compared to other high-end brands, so you're getting a good deal! (:
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG material right here!
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag and even tried to find dupes for it (the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder is not one). Finally, I caved in and bought it..so glad that I did!!
I'm a NC30 and initially thought I wanted Medium Plus but the SA suggested Medium Dark would better suit me. Good thing I listened to her! I received Medium Plus in a swap just to try it out and my sister in law & boyfriend both said it was too light for me.
I looked up different ways to apply this. At first, I used a kabuki brush like everyone suggested but I felt that my face was a different color than my neck. So I just lightly dust it all over my face after I apply foundation and concealer. The end result? Poreless, polished, and glow-y skin! My boyfriend even said that it didn't even look like I was wearing make up. Isn't that how make up is supposed to look?!
I love this and there's quite a lot of product for a 30ish$ price tag so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. Does not come with mirror or sponge and I don't carry it around in my make up bag so I can't say anything about it's durability.

This is a SETTING POWDER, not a foundation people! Remember that. It has sheer-low coverage. Also, I'm combo/normal and this didn't exacerbate any oilies and actually keeps me normal all day. Didn't break me out either, thank goodness!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have only just realised that the MUA gave me the Medium[Dark powder and I am really fair skinned! I think that she suggested this to contour and it works really well. I will be using this for summer as I get a warmer colour. It doesn't go on orangey and it helps keep my face oil free!
I will buy the lighter shade for winter I think.
I would love this much more if it had a mirror as it would be so much more useful to me!
I would buy this again as it does look good over a foundation as if my powder is too light or as light as my foundation then it doesn't look natural.