MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 9/9/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this after I went in to the store looking for a bronzer. I was recommended this. I use this to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I use it sparingly as its quite dark on my skin. I agree with other reviewers that it can break me out.

on 8/30/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Im an nc42 in mac. This is an okay light coverage powder. I find it average.

This breaks me out like crazy but i can see it working as a setting powder for other girls or alone as a light coverage powder.

I find this to be an okay product. I can achieve the same finish with other powders. I dont understand all the hype. I wouldnt repurchase because my skin doesnt react well to it.

on 8/11/2012 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am not a fan of MAC's mineralize skin finish powders in general, for reference I am an NW15. However, this one is great., and I use this for a contour and to warm things up in general. If I ever use this up (which) I doubt, I would use this again.

on 8/11/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay seriously. I have been looking soo long for a product to suit my dry-acne prone face and I've finally found it. This is the best pressed powder ever. It is pricy but totally worth it. Many products broke me out but this one really didn't. And this was he right colour for my tone just so you know I am a NC45 which is dark for me but I use it anyway. SO yeah, definitely my HG. Must check it out. :D

on 8/9/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this powder over my Missha BB cream everyday! It gives my face such a radiant glow that I cannot get with any other powder. It looks natural and does not look cakey and flat, it gives your face a boost, and makes me look more awake because it brightens my complexion, I'm NC42 in studio fix for reference. The only con is that towards 5pm-6pm I have to re-apply to get rid of oil that starts to peek through, but even after re-applying it does not look cakey or powdery just perfect!

on 7/27/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

MSF in Medium Dark works for so many people. When I apply makeup on other faces, most of the girls and boys fall into this colour (we have Chinese, Nepalese and Indians!). When used dry, it provides light coveage and the finish is not cakey nor dull. I use it all over my face when I'm tanned (NC 30 in summer), and use it as a bronzer when I'm paler (NC20-25). It is finely milled, and it does not dry up nor emphasize the flakiness of my problematic dry skin, and it looks so smooth when applied wet! Use a stippling brush, you can get sheer results. As a bronzer, it doesn't quite show up even on my NC 20 (even I apply heavily) so I much prefer NARS Laguna for contouring.

All in all, it's a great poduct that I have hit pan, and I have seen it working wonders for many Asian skintones. Great great colour to work with!

Texture: 5/5 very fine powder, does not dry up my skin, not cakey
Function: 4.5/5 light to medium coveage (dry/wet application), even skin tones
Pigmentation/Colour: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: 4.5/5 25.5 for 7g in Hong Kong, can be used every day
Overall: 4.6/5

on 7/22/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was very hesitate to buy this product, because I had bought other Mac products before and even though they worked amazing, they always made my brake out, after months of debating whether or not to buy it, I finally ended up buying it.
And I have been very pleased with it. It give my skin a very natural soft look, which is what I was looking for.
But unfortunately, I have noticed I have been breaking out a little bit, wish these products didn't make me brake out, they work amazing.

on 7/19/2012 8:07:00 AM

I love the natural look this powder gives you (looks almost like you have no powder on at all which is exactly what I wanted) but for some reason it causes me to breakout. May be a bad powder if you have oily or blemish prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

this is my HG finishing powder. It makes me look flawless and it takes the shine away. I use it with MACs pro longwear foundation and it looks amazing. I can use it anytime during the year,it blends so well. I will re-purchase when i run out. A little expensive, but totallly worth the money!!

on 7/11/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is a good powder for those looking for a light to medium coverage (I've read from Karla Sugar that it can provide more coverage if used wet -- although I have not tried it myself). The finish of this powder leaves a satin/semi-matte finish on my skin. I have oily skin and I notice the product "melts" into my skin right away and does not oxidize during the day. It doesn't look powdery and cakey, but I would have to blot with a tissue and re-apply later on (which is no problem -- I have come to terms I will get oil no matter what).

Anyway, I use this powder to set my L'Oreal BB cream and MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers. It does a fabulous job at holding these products in place. What I enjoy about this powder is the finish it leaves. You can definitely layer it for more coverage, but it never looks flat or dry. In the pan, the powder itself isn't matte. It has particles in it that has a very LIGHT sheen.

My two gripes with this powder is that I have to mix two colors to fit my NC30-35/C4, yellow asian skin tone and its price. Medium Plus is slightly light and neutral/pink for me while Medium Dark is too dark is golden/yellow, but slightly too dark for my coloring at the moment. Therefore, I would use MAC 187 or MAC 109 brush and dip the brush in both powders to get a proper color. I wish the price is lower too compared to other MAC powders (such as Studio Careblend or Select Sheer) for the same, if not, more product. I have learned to not rub the brush over and over to pick up more powder, but to dip and layer on for more coverage. I will continue to buy this as I enjoy the finish it provides.

EDIT (as of 07/27/12): I returned this along with Medium Plus. The color even when the two are mixed together still left a pink cast on my face. Having to pay almost $60 dollars and having to use two powders and still not get a proper color match was not worth it.

I also lowered the overall rating to a 3 (used to be 4) and price to a 3 (used to be 4). The color seems to suit more cool toned and neutral skin tones as these powders have a red-dish tint to them. A MAC SA mention to me when I returned the powders that these powders tend to lean a little more pink/red than yellow/golden.

For reference, I started using NYX's Stay Matte, but Not Flat powder foundation. The coverage is similar to MSFN and so is the finish and texture. I am using Medium Beige and the color suits me better.

Recommended for Normal Skin