MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 9/23/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see what's so great about this powder at all! Firstly, in no way can it be used as a powder foundation alone - the coverage is so sheer, it's non existent. I put some on my cheeks, both wet and dry (using ELF Mineral Powder Brush and a sponge) and didn't notice the difference at all. If anything, it made me quite pink, which is really weird because I'm NC43-ish with yellow/brown undertones! The same thing happened when I tried it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. When I spoke to a MAC MUA about it, she said something about the way it's pressed makes it turn pink on application - apparently!

I won't be buying this again, and I'm currently using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, which is much better than this!

on 9/9/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this after I went in to the store looking for a bronzer. I was recommended this. I use this to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I use it sparingly as its quite dark on my skin. I agree with other reviewers that it can break me out.

on 8/30/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Im an nc42 in mac. This is an okay light coverage powder. I find it average.

This breaks me out like crazy but i can see it working as a setting powder for other girls or alone as a light coverage powder.

I find this to be an okay product. I can achieve the same finish with other powders. I dont understand all the hype. I wouldnt repurchase because my skin doesnt react well to it.

on 8/11/2012 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am not a fan of MAC's mineralize skin finish powders in general, for reference I am an NW15. However, this one is great., and I use this for a contour and to warm things up in general. If I ever use this up (which) I doubt, I would use this again.

on 8/11/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay seriously. I have been looking soo long for a product to suit my dry-acne prone face and I've finally found it. This is the best pressed powder ever. It is pricy but totally worth it. Many products broke me out but this one really didn't. And this was he right colour for my tone just so you know I am a NC45 which is dark for me but I use it anyway. SO yeah, definitely my HG. Must check it out. :D

on 8/9/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this powder over my Missha BB cream everyday! It gives my face such a radiant glow that I cannot get with any other powder. It looks natural and does not look cakey and flat, it gives your face a boost, and makes me look more awake because it brightens my complexion, I'm NC42 in studio fix for reference. The only con is that towards 5pm-6pm I have to re-apply to get rid of oil that starts to peek through, but even after re-applying it does not look cakey or powdery just perfect!

on 7/27/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

MSF in Medium Dark works for so many people. When I apply makeup on other faces, most of the girls and boys fall into this colour (we have Chinese, Nepalese and Indians!). When used dry, it provides light coveage and the finish is not cakey nor dull. I use it all over my face when I'm tanned (NC 30 in summer), and use it as a bronzer when I'm paler (NC20-25). It is finely milled, and it does not dry up nor emphasize the flakiness of my problematic dry skin, and it looks so smooth when applied wet! Use a stippling brush, you can get sheer results. As a bronzer, it doesn't quite show up even on my NC 20 (even I apply heavily) so I much prefer NARS Laguna for contouring.

All in all, it's a great poduct that I have hit pan, and I have seen it working wonders for many Asian skintones. Great great colour to work with!

Texture: 5/5 very fine powder, does not dry up my skin, not cakey
Function: 4.5/5 light to medium coveage (dry/wet application), even skin tones
Pigmentation/Colour: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: 4.5/5 25.5 for 7g in Hong Kong, can be used every day
Overall: 4.6/5

on 7/22/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was very hesitate to buy this product, because I had bought other Mac products before and even though they worked amazing, they always made my brake out, after months of debating whether or not to buy it, I finally ended up buying it.
And I have been very pleased with it. It give my skin a very natural soft look, which is what I was looking for.
But unfortunately, I have noticed I have been breaking out a little bit, wish these products didn't make me brake out, they work amazing.

on 7/19/2012 8:07:00 AM

I love the natural look this powder gives you (looks almost like you have no powder on at all which is exactly what I wanted) but for some reason it causes me to breakout. May be a bad powder if you have oily or blemish prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

this is my HG finishing powder. It makes me look flawless and it takes the shine away. I use it with MACs pro longwear foundation and it looks amazing. I can use it anytime during the year,it blends so well. I will re-purchase when i run out. A little expensive, but totallly worth the money!!