October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Mascara - Revlon - 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara on sale without reading reviews and hoped for the best. Not the best idea. The brush was horrible; it was small and ineffective. Onto the formula. Wow, this was just bad. It was very clumpy,oily and thick so I had to use my eyelash separator to get the excess mascara off. Trying to remove it was a nightmare! It wouldn't come off like my other waterproofs do. Terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup2much

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I actually bought this mascara because of the bad reviews! Let me explain...

I personally think that if you want your eyelashes to look natural, with a bit of length and volume, then don't go for one that says it will make them look extreme/false. It's kind of defeating the purpose ladies!

Anyway, I found from other reviews, that most people thought the brush was too small, it made their lashes clumpy, way too thick, etc.

I like my eyelashes to look false. They look natural when I wake up, wear no make up, so when I wear mascara, I want it to make an impact. I like my eyes and without mascara they don't stand out-all you can see are my dark circles!

The brush is alot thinner/smaller than standard size mascara ones. It is a fibre brush (I can't stand the plastic ones as they hurt if you nip your eyelid!).

I initially thought the small brush would just lengthen my eyelashes. Wrong. The small brush meant that I could get right into the roots and really coat my lashes. After applying 1 coat, my eyelashes were a nice shade of black and thicker. After 3 double coats, my eyelashes are much thicker and do not feel dry. One thing I must note, is that you don't really get any length with this, it just thickens them.

It does dry out after a couple of months or so. It is easy to remove-I just use my face wipes.

The tube is mainly silver and the top of the tube has a weird texture which is hard to explain, but you get a really good grip with it. The tube is fairly small in comparison to regular mascara tubes.

For me, this is a lovely mascara to wear in the day, but for those that prefer a more natural look, I do think 1 coat may be enough. However, I rarely wear this for an evening look,because I do need something that offers dramatic length aswell, as I love the false eyelash look. ;)

Yes, I have bought this many times and will continue to do so unless I find something virtually the same, but also gives the length and doesn't dry out as fast.

It's worth a try if you want fairly bold, thick lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a gel-like formula so you have to be careful cos it can get clumpy but I've got to say this is so far my HG mascara! It's volumizing like nothing else I've ever tried. Considering I have very oily skin and I have trouble finding e/l's that stay on, this doesn't smudge on me! I remove it after around 12 hours, at the end of my day, and it holds the curl of my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well, I wouldn't say this was the worst mascara ever, but I couldn't really use it. I bought it at CVS when they were having the 75% off sale. When I opened the package to use it, the wand was so small that on one side you couldn't even see the bristles because there was just so much product on it. The opening to the mascara tube was to big, it couldn't take the excess off. I am not sure if this was a defect, but I wasn't able to use it. I am not sure if this product is still available anymore, but I won't repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by laura53

worst mascara ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by jntshu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara is quite bad. i find that it clumps, can't hold curl and smudges very easily. considering the price i really find this to be a waste of money - you can get SO many other mascaras on the market these days for a lot less. i gave the packaging a 3 because of the brush. it's got no defined brush or comb, whatever, to speak of... just this bristly thing thats got CLUMPING written all over it. save your money and don't repurchase guys :) you're basically just painting your lashes with this mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this for 75% off at CVS--I am always on the lookout for HG mascara so I figured for the price it was worth a try.

Not really.....it felt like it was already dried out before I even took the protective wrapping off and it was flaking on to my undereye area within the hour. Not impressed--I can see why this is clearanced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Ally305

Pros:
Doesn't flake.
Holds curl for 4-5 hours.
Doesn't clump.
Dry formula (best for thin lashed)
Easy to apply
Lengthens.

Cons:
Probably being discontinued since its at 75% off at CVS!

Thats why I bought two :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ctraaan

Let me start off with this: Revlon Waterproof 3D Extreme Mascara was WAY better with the old wand & possibly old formula.
I have repurchased this mascara for 3 years running - LOVED it from first purchase. The wand was small so it would grab every single lash and the waterproof formula wasn't too dry nor was it too wet - it did what it came to do. HG mascara from the start.
I didn't like it as a stand-alone mascara because it was so unnatural looking so I would layer on a legnthening mascara and dab this bad boy at the roots of my lashes for instant volume afterwards - la la loved it, but now...now the wand was switched up to this awkward flat brush with a fat cone-shaped tip. What in the flying ----.
The waterproof formula is now as dry as ever. It's as if I've been penny pinching trying to grab every last drop of mascara making it's worth regardless of the 3 month toss out date.
I'm giving this mascara the benefit of the doubt, disregarding that fail of a wand and hoping that I'm just grabbing an unfortunate tube.
So the repurchases continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This has officially replaced Diorshow as my HG mascara. I bought it on a whim when I saw it at Five Below for $2.99 and, honestly, was not expecting much. I was a bit put off by the brush at first. The top and bottom of the brush are thick but the middle is short and thin, but it is the old type of bristles which I prefer to the new rubber ones. The brush is a lot easier to work with than it looks. I'm not sure if it's because of the brush itself or the formula, but I get volume, length, and definition all at once. I haven't found that in any other mascara whatsoever. This stays put on me all day without flaking, and it doesn't smudge or run. I usually prefer waterproof formulas because I tend to have runny eyes and non-waterproof mascara always ends up runny and gross but this one doesn't at all. I'll probably just stick with the regular formula.

Another plus I've found is that this gets a lot less clumps around the tip than any other mascaras I have. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.