July 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by kelka

I'm in my mid twenties with skin that is very prone to breakouts.

This cleanser is so lovely and gentle, but thoroughly cleans my skin! I feel so fresh and and have lovely soft skin each and every time I use this, I've been using it for 6 months now and it hasn't caused any problems for my skin whatsoever.

Love it, can't recommend it enough, and it's all natural!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cloudpaper

I have got oily and acne and sensitive skin and i react to most products with LSL. This product is organic but it leaves your skin with oil residual after cleaning and i feel my pores are producing more oil as it tries to breath through. The smell is very strong and last for ages which means it does have a strong essential oils. Wont recommend for sensitive skin, especially if you have oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jfing01

I am amazed at this cleanser. I needed to switch to something more gentle than my usual clinque mild cleanser as I have been a bit stressed out and have developed ezema patches on my face. I decided to look at more natural options and decided to give it a try based on the reviews here. I am so happy I did. It is mild and calms my skin whilst still thoroughly cleaning it, instead of feeling dry and tight like it usually does after cleansing it just feels calm and soft. A big one for me, as cream cleansers are notorious for this, is that I have now been using it for 5 days and it has not made my combo skin break out. I could not be happier with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by msadelaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My new favourite cleanser. This is pure luxury. I was using Cliniques Comforting Cream Cleanser and decided to ditch all of the chemicals in the bathroom and buy natural products and this is far more superior than the clinique.

Smells lovely, texture is perfect (not too runny, not too thick), and it dosen't strip my skin at all like foaming cleansers do. It removes makeup really well too, I just rub it into my face then wipe with a damp face cloth and the makeup all comes off onto the cloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried cleansers from the really cheap to the really expensive and I have not found anything better.

I have combination that is acne prone particularly to cystic acne and I find that this cleanser is very moisturizering and doesn't break me out at all.

After using it I feel that my face is clean and soft with no tightness. I do have to use eye-makeup remover if I wear liner/mascara but it does a good job of removing all other makeup and I'm not one to wear full eye makeup everyday so having to use a second product doesn't really bother me.

I find that I don't need a full pump to clean my face, half a pump is more than enough. The bottle lasts for ages. I usually stock up at Priceline when a buy 2 get 1 free promotion is on.

I would recommend this product to those with sensitive skin who don't tend to wear full makeup everyday.

UPDATE: Since Trilogy has bought out their gentle range, I still find this one better. I find that this one takes my make-up off better and my face also does not turn red after cleansing. Many cleansers make my whole face flush, sometimes its seconds, sometimes its minutes. A few uses of the gentle one and the flushing returned. Sticking with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another gorgeous Trilogy product! I doubt it would remove heavier makeup (mascara/eyeliner) that well but it's so slippery and creamy lovely smelling that it's a delight to use. Works awesomely on my dry acne prone skin! (which is a bitch at the best of times..)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's hard not to appreciate such thoughtful, well considered design. It's superficial, but I love the old-world apothecary aesthetic of the handsome brown glass, however unpractical. The product itself is reminiscent of a cold cream, but with an all-natural composition; over damp skin or dry, the texture retains a luxurious, creamy slip that dissolves makeup with a little friction. Like cold cream, it does not rinse clean, unless you use cotton wool or a muslin cloth to remove the residue. But since the ingredients are not very different from Trilogy's moisturizers---no detergents---I'm not fussed. As you may imagine, this is extremely mild on easily stripped, dry skin, but the botanical extracts may prove some cause for worry for those with sensitivities.

Unfortunately, this is not a good match for my skin. My skin is very thin, so does not tolerate the daily abrasion of cotton. On its own, therefore, this leaves makeup behind. Alternatively, if you have thick skin, this would do a brilliant job loosening up excess skin, which you may gently remove with a muslin cloth.

UPDATE After making my through two-thirds of my first bottle, I've fallen in love with Trilogy's Cleansing Cream after all. I now take more time, using the friction from my fingers. I apply one or two pumps to dry skin, massage in the product well to break down makeup, rinse my hands, then massage again with wet hands, to coax the surfactants into action so that the makeup loosens from the skin and leaves no residue behind. The texture should go from creamy to oily to milky. This is my favorite product for a deep cleanse. I wish Trilogy were more widely available in the US.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by teago

Yet another bad experience for me and Trilogy.

This cleanser was so bizarre for me and I have tried almost every single natural cream cleanser under the sun (or just any available in Priceline and Health food stores)!
The first night I used it, I applied it to dry made up skin and then wet my hands and rubbed my face to emulsify it, the way I do with every other cream cleanser. Well, it started to ball up my makeup, especially my mascara yet not even feel like it was removing anything at all. I thought it was because my face wasnt wet enough, so I splashed it with water yet nothing changed. It took two cleanses of harsh foaming cleanser after this to get the balls of mascara and cleanser off my face!
For the following week I tried all sorts of different variables...different mascara, different foundation, wet skin, dry skin, hell even different SPF during the day and it performed the same every single time.

I really want to love and support Trilogy but I dont feel I can with my experiences!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the trilogy sensitive skin range but I got a travel sized one of theses when I bought a product. I wasn't expecting to like it because I usually can't tolerate fragrances in skincare and essential oils tend to make my skin a bit pink. I was pleasantly surprised with this. Whilst I think that the fragrance is a bit too strong it's a beautiful cleanser. It's also the only natural cleanser I have found that will take off makeup and sunscreen effectively. I would buy it again as it is better value than the sensitive sin cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MissRalux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really gentle make-up remover that doesn't strip the skin, i tend to have normal to dry skin but this cleansing cream is brilliant, i don't feel tight skin after using it. Im pleasantly surprised by it and also i like the fact that its all made of natural product.