Dove Pro Age Beauty Body Lotion

2.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (1. 25%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Potassium Lactate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Lactic Acid, Glycol Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, CyclopentaSiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 108, Polysorbate 60, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Red 4, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 6, Yellow 10. 6/2/09

on 10/15/2008 9:01:00 AM

Despite the bad reviews here, I decided to try this because it's inexpensive and has AHA. I really was hoping it would work for me so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on a body lotion with AHA. Wrong!!! I'll echo what the other bad reviews say: way too sticky and the smell is horrendous! I threw it away after only a few uses. And I learned my lesson... trust in MUA reviewers ;-)

on 7/2/2008 6:38:00 PM

UPDATE:
I finally, first now, had to purchase more of this & noticed it now comes with olive oil and I have to say this stuff has improved... the scent is wonderful, leaves my skin even softer - I now use it everywhere. Even my hubby noticed how much more softer my skin is.

---------------------------

I love this! It totally and completely cleared up all my little bumps on my arms (keratosis pilaris). I have tried so many products and within a week my arm bumps were gone. My skin is super smooth and supple.

I know many have complained about the stickiness of this product. BE PATIENT! After using it for several days, and as the AHA began to work, I no longer experienced the stickiness. I think is the way AHA's work at first.

I use this every morning. Yes, it does smell yucky straight out of the bottle because of the AHA but when it dries it no longer smells. To me that's a small price to pay for having the best skin EVER!

I also use this on my neck and upper chest. I noticed a huge improvement in my skin... it's super soft and lines are minimized and no reddness either.

on 6/11/2008 6:08:00 PM

I almost didn't review since my feelings are pretty much expressed by others. Too bad I didn't read them first. This stuff smells absolutely horrid. It stays sticky forever. I couldn't use it long enough to tell if it had any anti-aging benefits. When I couldn't stand it on my body, I thought I'd use it up on my hands and I couldn't even tolerate that. Who in the world was Dove testing this with?? Did they not have noses? ;-)

on 5/29/2008 10:41:00 PM

sticky residue
intoxicating smell
boyfriend deterant , need I say more?

on 5/14/2008 4:05:00 PM

This review is for the Pro-Age hand cream (as I can't seem to find it reviewed elsewhere).

I wish I'd read the comment below before purchasing though, as I agree - it smells terrible!

I can't really comment on whether it works or not, as I can't get past the headache-inducing scent.

What was Dove thinking?

on 4/24/2008 10:34:00 AM

I tried the hand lotion in the line Pro-Age and it sucks. The smell is gross and chemically....one of the ingredients is Aluminum Not good and the makers of Dove, Unilever test their products on animals and they will not sign a safe cosmetics agreement. Not cool.

on 4/21/2008 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't see any noticeable difference when I used this. Some areas of my body were still left dry and I didn't think it smelled to good either. It has an interesting mix of aha's, olive oil, and glycerine. It might be better suited for those seeking a light lotion, but I'm giving this away to be put in my workplace bathroom. Hopefully it can be used up there.

on 3/24/2008 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Horrible smell. Also, the product does not absorb into the skin. It is way too sticky and does not seem to dry. It would make my clothes stick to me even after waiting like 20 minutes before getting dressed. I also did not see any improvement with my dry flaky winter skin. This was a complete waste of money, and I wonder how this product made it through any testing phase before coming out.

I actually got this free. On clearance at Target with a coupon. This line has quickly lost it's popularity and it's on the way out. It was too sticky and the scent reminded me of bug spray. I've been using it at night, slathering it on my hands and feet before getting under the covers. It works well in that fashion. I can't imagine using this sticky stuff all over my body.

on 2/22/2008 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised to hear that others find this lotion to be thick. I have the bottle with the flip-top lid. I accidently knocked it over while it was open, and it ran out onto my carpet. I love how this lotion works overnight to make my skin feel super soft by morning. It does take a while to absorb. That and the AHA's are the reasons I only use this at night. However, the smell is beyond awful. I don't know that I could wear it during the day even if I wanted to. It smells like rancid fruit. Unless Dove comes out with an unscented or less offensively scented version of this, I will not be repurchasing.