BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P.

Isododecane, Mica, Polyethylene, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-14 Isoparaffin, Lauryl Phenylisopropyl Methicone, Methyl Trimethicone, C13-15 Alkane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Behenyl Dimethicone, Acrylates / Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C20-24 Olefin, Propylene Carbonate. [+/-: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)], N° 07108/A.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and almost done with my 2nd pot! It doubles as an eyeshadow and primer for me. It seems a little pricey but this has lasted over a year for me and is still smooth and creamy. Easy when I'm in a hurry and a great color to brighten up my eyes!

on 1/23/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this for half the price during boxing day. I thought what a steal since I generally adore Benefit cosmetics. However, this was even worse than what I ever expected. I don't know if I just got a bad pot, but it was very very dry, there was no point to use a brush as it didn't even pick up any hint of the product. I had to smear my finger around it very hard to 'warm' it up, and when I finally was able to get the product on my eyelid, it didn't even blend. I had a huge chunks of the product on my eyelid and no matter how much i rubbed with my fingers, it just stayed stuck..

on 12/3/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

What kept me from giving this a 2 rather than a 3 is the fact that there's generally really good reviews for this product, and I think I got unlucky twice!

Like most people, I wanted a very easy to apply cream shadow in a neutral but pretty color for quick looks. It's difficult for me to find a gold/champagne shade that doesn't look orange on my NW15 skin. I was thrilled when I swatched R.S.V.P. at Sephora on the back of my hand; the color was very pretty and soft and not at all harsh! I bought a little pot immediately. When I pulled it out of the box at home, the lid was completely unscrewed (but still on top of the pot, if that makes sense) and the shadow felt bone dry. It was pulling away from the edges of the glass, and I was very disappointed. I tried to make it work, as I hate returning products, but the shadow was unworkable.

I exchanged this pot for a second pot from Sephora. Took it home, and the lid was screwed on this one! However, the product still wasn't very creamy. I was confused because I felt like the tester pot I had used was at least a little more workable, but I thought maybe I'd try to work with it anyway. I attempted to warm up the shadow by holding the pot in my hand, I swirled in a few spritzes of Fix+, and I even tried mixing some on the back of my hand with my eye primer.

No matter what I tried, R.S.V.P. was stubborn to apply. It took a lot of blending to smooth out the patchiness, and that was even after adding Fix+. Finally, I realized I was spending too much time trying to work around a product meant for speedy makeup applications! I don't know if I simply repurchased from a bad batch of product or maybe my lids aren't compatible with the formula, but I just gave up on the idea of it. I returned this pot and bought Chanel Emereville instead. The Chanel version of this product is a near dupe (look at Temptalia's swatches for reference) but the consistency is much creamier. I hated spending nearly $10 more, but have used Emereville weekly since then and could not be happier.

Ultimately, I won't buy R.S.V.P. again, but I still want to try other shades in the Creaseless Cream line, because the pigmentation looks so good and the colors are beautiful.

on 10/18/2012 12:42:00 AM

This is a new favourite for me for cream eyeshadows. I have tried Maybelline’s Color Tattoo range and was not impressed by how dry they were. R.S.V.P by Benefit is the perfect everyday colour base and is also buildable. It goes on very nicely and if you want a more intense colour, wait a minute and add another layer. It is very pretty and I have actually had a few random comments from people asking what shade I am wearing. This does not crease at all on me although I do add a light dusting of a similar shade of powder eyeshadow which may help.

on 9/18/2012 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I saw this color on a youTube tutorial and thought it looked amazing. But i didn't want to buy it because of the price. While in San Diego we went to the base and it was there for only $15....so i bought it. I really love it, as for its claim as a creaseless eye shadow i found after about 6 hours it does crease. That's the only real reason i gave it a 4. Other than that its really pigmented, goes on smooth and its not hard to build up the color. It is also a really good everyday color.

on 9/18/2012 5:45:00 PM

Looks awful with a primer. Looks awful without a primer. Creasing. Patchy. Disgusting. No lasting power whatsoever.

on 8/3/2012 12:08:00 AM

This shadow is a dream! It literally lasts through the whole day, even in 110 degree weather without creasing! The only complaints i have is that if you put a shadow over it, it sort of has that "scaly" look on your eyes, but if you just have it alone on the lid its fine. The other thing is the price. It is a bit pricey, which is the reason why i wouldn't repurchase it. The only reason why i bought it in the first place is because i stumbled upon a sephora while on vacation and decided to treat myself to something high-end (drug store lover ovaa hereee! :D) Over all, its an awesome product if you're willing to pay the price for it :)

on 7/20/2012 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is not the same color as stila's kitten but it's pretty close. I actually love kitten so it's no surprise that I really like this shade as well. R.S.V.P. has more pink in it where as kitten is just shimmery champagne. I would call R.S.V.P. a shimmery pink champagne. My pot is very creamy and easy to apply. I use my MAC 239 brush. I still have to use a primer unlike my mac paint pots but I love the color so much it doesn't really matter to me. I also own the cream shadow in Birthday Suit and it lasts longer then R.S.V.P. and performs closer to mac's paint pots for some reason. I like using R.S.V.P. all over my lid and then soba in the crease with mulch sometimes in the outer v. Great daytime look if you don't mind shimmer.

on 7/6/2012 12:33:00 PM

Again what I said about the other ones.. this shade is more of a shimmery colour, its my current fave out of my collection of this range.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the cream version of Urban Decay's Sin. Seriously swatch the two next to each other! If you're a fan of that shade as a highlight (as many people are) this will dry down to a more metallic finish that is a bit bolder than Sin. Cream formulas tend to have more of a 3D effect on the lids so the finish of the two won't be exactly the same but the shade undertone is very similar, just thought I'd point that out first as I've swatched the two side by side. I don't think this formula holds up as well on my lids as other cream shadows I own. Maybelline Color Tattoo is a cheaper alternative with better lasting power and Chanel Illusion D'ombre is a more expensive version that lasts better. What I do think Benefit has to its advantage is a shade selection that holds more wearable neutral shades that compliment other shadows well. Nothing really in the range for bold looks, but that isn't Benefit's strength anyway, which is fine. I just wish these were truly creaseless on me but the wear time doesn't wow me. Since it can't surpass some of the newer formulations out there, I can only give it a mediocre review. It's reasonably crease-resistant (4-6 hrs) but it isn't my perfect cream shadow unfortunately.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products