Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

HG, had no idea what a difference a good brush could make, I also have a Mason Pearson () and was really quite disappointed as it scratches my scalp, but this little beauty is fabulous. I have a lot of fine colour-treated greasy hair which can look very limp, but after a good brush with this it looks shiney, healthy and full of volume. Can't recommend strongly enough. (Think I even got it free with a couple of huge bottles of shampoo).
Edited Feb 2004: Unfortunately, just went to use this brush and it literally fell apart in my hands - the rubber perished and the bristles fell out ! According to the internet I am not alone. Reduced from 5 to 4 stars and changed to non-repurchase as will look at the other paddle brushes out there now.

I bought this paddle brush on the recommendation of a friend. I have thick, waist length hair that is a nightmare to brush and detangle, especially after washing.

This paddle brush can be used when my hair is still wet, as well as on dry hair. It glides through tangles easily without breaking or yanking out tonnes of hair like other brushes.

I find the bristles give me scalp a nice massage as well. It costs about 15 which I think is very reasonable for such an excellent brush. It seems pretty sturdy too so it should last a very long time. Definately HG!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wonderful, versatile brush - good for blowdrying hair straight and also great on dry hair for general use. Love it!

Best brush I have used so far. I've had it for about 4 years now and still going strong. Some scratch marks, mainly from the puppy. lol

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

have mine for over 10 yrs and still going strong... minus all the scratch marks on the wood but that's ok. that alone makes it worth it. makes your hair much softer and easier to brush.

Been using this brush for years and absolutely love it. I would never switch. Now, if only Aveda could make a round brush that is nearly as good as their paddle brushes. *sigh* One can dream...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've had this for about 3 years now. Some scratch marks on the wood, but apart from that it's as good as new.

I have the kind of hair that kills brushes. It's thick and very tangly and until i bought this brush it would take me like half an hour to brush my hair and it would be a good day if some part of the brush didn't fall off and get hopelessly stuck in my hair. Probably sounds like I'm making this up, but really, it was BAD.

I've never really seen the point in investing in great hairbrushes before, and after all they would end up broken pretty soon anyway. The last brush I had before this was a Redken GWP paddle brush, same size/shape as this one, so you'd think they'd work almost the same, but no. I bought this one when the Redken brush fell apart and felt somewhat silly about it, but I'm glad I did!

For some mysterious reason, this gets through my hair in no time. I don't know the first thing about brush technology, so it's like magic to me. Whatever the reason, this has reduced the rather gruelling task of brushing my hair from a 30-minute production involving a fair bit of discomfort and physical force to a minute of basically gently guiding this brush as it slips through my hair. It works so well it's weird, but only in a good way. Just the fact that it hasn't lost a single pin yet is amazing. That may be perfectly normal for people with easier hair than mine, but for me it's a first.

Obviously there are cheaper brushes around. But in the time I've had this, I would have ruined and had to replace at least 5 of those, so investing in this has saved me money in the long run.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

my old faithful. i have bought this for a few times in the past 9 years. its just the best!!!
relaxing, big, doesnt need much brush strokes. i feel that it helps with circulations on the head and relaxing if you massage it in circle rotation.

PROS: Works great at detangling/brushing without ripping hair up.

CONS: Price.

I completely regret buying this product. It is exactly like any other brush. It worked just like my dollar scrunchi brush did. There is nothing special.

I returned it but could only get store credit.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools