September 16, 2014 | 1458 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ProductPris

Best brush I have used so far. I've had it for about 4 years now and still going strong. Some scratch marks, mainly from the puppy. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kbabe44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

have mine for over 10 yrs and still going strong... minus all the scratch marks on the wood but that's ok. that alone makes it worth it. makes your hair much softer and easier to brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Naty1209

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this brush for years and absolutely love it. I would never switch. Now, if only Aveda could make a round brush that is nearly as good as their paddle brushes. *sigh* One can dream...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by rabagast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this for about 3 years now. Some scratch marks on the wood, but apart from that it's as good as new.

I have the kind of hair that kills brushes. It's thick and very tangly and until i bought this brush it would take me like half an hour to brush my hair and it would be a good day if some part of the brush didn't fall off and get hopelessly stuck in my hair. Probably sounds like I'm making this up, but really, it was BAD.

I've never really seen the point in investing in great hairbrushes before, and after all they would end up broken pretty soon anyway. The last brush I had before this was a Redken GWP paddle brush, same size/shape as this one, so you'd think they'd work almost the same, but no. I bought this one when the Redken brush fell apart and felt somewhat silly about it, but I'm glad I did!

For some mysterious reason, this gets through my hair in no time. I don't know the first thing about brush technology, so it's like magic to me. Whatever the reason, this has reduced the rather gruelling task of brushing my hair from a 30-minute production involving a fair bit of discomfort and physical force to a minute of basically gently guiding this brush as it slips through my hair. It works so well it's weird, but only in a good way. Just the fact that it hasn't lost a single pin yet is amazing. That may be perfectly normal for people with easier hair than mine, but for me it's a first.

Obviously there are cheaper brushes around. But in the time I've had this, I would have ruined and had to replace at least 5 of those, so investing in this has saved me money in the long run.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

my old faithful. i have bought this for a few times in the past 9 years. its just the best!!!
relaxing, big, doesnt need much brush strokes. i feel that it helps with circulations on the head and relaxing if you massage it in circle rotation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works great at detangling/brushing without ripping hair up.

CONS: Price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ifyouknew518

I completely regret buying this product. It is exactly like any other brush. It worked just like my dollar scrunchi brush did. There is nothing special.

I returned it but could only get store credit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

daily go-to. has lasted years of multiple uses per day on my thick, longass hair. it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

After going through boar bristle brushes and plastic brushes and nylon brushes.. they allllllll have NOTHING compared to this Aveda paddle brush!

This leaves my hair straighttt, soft and just so touchable!!

THANK YOU AVEDA!! I have finally found the brush for meeeee!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I've had mine for over 10 years now and it's still going strong (except the parts my cat liked to chew on which look a bit rough by now but that's a whole other story) I have a very sensitive scalp and this brush is perfect for me. I mainly use it on wet hair. It's light and easy to maneuver. What's not to love?