MAC #252 Large Shader Brush

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I put off buying this brush for several months because I felt that I could get the job done with other brushes, namely the MAC 239. However, as I
kept watching makeup tutorials, I saw this brush get a lot of "screen play" as a highlighter brush and also as great for picking up pigments with it's relatively stiff bristles. Since I broke down and bought the brush on ebay (and yes, it's even authentic-I did my research before buying) I have used it every single day! The arch at the top of the bristles perfectly follow the arch of my eyebrows and make my highlighting look professional! I've been getting compliments on my makeup lately! I know that it's the brushes that are making the difference!!!!! I would definitely buy another one of these brushes again as a backup. Love it!

I own two of these brushes. One reserved for paint pots, primer, and NYX jumbo eye pencils, and the second one for eye shadows. I have a lot of lid space and I love how quickly and easily this brush applies and blends the colour. Does a pretty decent job on packing on shadow too. I find I reach for this brush more often for shadows then my 242 or 239. Granted both brushes are excellent, but the 252 gets the job done quicker.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful large shader brush. I would someday love to get the full size brush. I got this in the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: Do-The-Trick Buff and Line Brush Set. I use this brush to apply light colors on the lid. The soft and firm bristles make it ideal for blending and shading! Great brush, would repurchase.

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never knew I needed this brush until I used it! Ha ha! I feel like I couldn't do my makeup without this brush now that I have it. I use it everyday to put color on my lid. It packs on the color well and does it much faster than the 239. It can be used for powder or cream. This is a must-have in my book.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great brush...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this brush! I have used it for applying paint pots, lid color and even the tip of the brush to get my lower lash line! I actually go through phases were this is my most used brush and then other phases where i use the 239 more. I think the 252 gives me a great concentration of color as well as helps me blend out that concentration. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

love love love this brush if i need a good concentration of color on the lids. the only downfall is that it has rough bristles (may be why it's good at picking up color).

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this brush, i don't have big eyes so i don't really use this brush as an eyeshadow brush. I love it for paint pots, and highlighting the brow bone... Amazing. Would for sure buy a back up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still fairly new to brushes, but even I can tell that the SE 252 isn't that great. It's fairly coarse and rough on my eyelids, and it doesn't seem to pack on colour particularly well. I usually just use it for blending out pigments, but I don't reach for it very often at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I DID NOT HAVE THIS BRUSH..I USE IT EVERYDAY TO APPLY MY BASE SHADOW.. IT WORKS WONDERS WITH THE PAINT POTS FROM MAC AND APPLYS COLOR WELL.. I OWN 2 AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER IN A HEARTBEAT IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO THEM..

Popular Makeup Brushes