April 17, 2014 | 1259 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #252 Large Shader Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never knew I needed this brush until I used it! Ha ha! I feel like I couldn't do my makeup without this brush now that I have it. I use it everyday to put color on my lid. It packs on the color well and does it much faster than the 239. It can be used for powder or cream. This is a must-have in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I have used it for applying paint pots, lid color and even the tip of the brush to get my lower lash line! I actually go through phases were this is my most used brush and then other phases where i use the 239 more. I think the 252 gives me a great concentration of color as well as helps me blend out that concentration. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this brush if i need a good concentration of color on the lids. the only downfall is that it has rough bristles (may be why it's good at picking up color).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, i don't have big eyes so i don't really use this brush as an eyeshadow brush. I love it for paint pots, and highlighting the brow bone... Amazing. Would for sure buy a back up.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by downloadstone

I'm still fairly new to brushes, but even I can tell that the SE 252 isn't that great. It's fairly coarse and rough on my eyelids, and it doesn't seem to pack on colour particularly well. I usually just use it for blending out pigments, but I don't reach for it very often at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I DID NOT HAVE THIS BRUSH..I USE IT EVERYDAY TO APPLY MY BASE SHADOW.. IT WORKS WONDERS WITH THE PAINT POTS FROM MAC AND APPLYS COLOR WELL.. I OWN 2 AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER IN A HEARTBEAT IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO THEM..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the 252 as a concealer brush. I originally had a 252se and it was *so* scratchy that it hurt my lids. Please don't think that the full size will be scratchy as well.. it's very soft. It makes the perfect concealer brush. I just dot my concealer (MUFE Lift) on my undereye area and then brush in. It blends flawlessly. I've tried many, many brushes for concealer- the 224, 217, the flat paddle shaped one that they came out with. The 252 wins hands down.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by ksly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an amazing brush. It's great for packing on lid color, crease colors, concealer and it always distributes color evenly. It's soft, and it never sheds. My daily makeup routine would be nothing without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my top used brushes. I love it for the lid, for precise color placement on the crease, for highlighting, and applying primer, and suprisingly pigments. It's expensive but the price balences out the uses I get out of this, so I would buy it again if I needed to.