August 31, 2014 | 1031 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Mattifying Make-up Base

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by inndria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a notorious oily skin, and for the first three hours, it did a good job in making my face looks matte. After that, i'm back being busy with my blot paper.
The texture is very thick and dries really fast on my face so i have to apply it on section by section, also it feels really thick instead of velvety smooth (made me feel like i'm wearing layers of foundation, when in fact i only wear tinted moisturizer).
Even though it didn't made my skin break, i would not recommend it for people with super oily skin like myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe this primer is breaking me out but I am not 100% sure. As for creating a smooth canvas for makeup, it is so-so. It did help my foundation spread better but it didn't completely mattify my face. Within two hours, oil broke through the foundation. It is relatively cheap and can be found at Target. I will try this one more time before I change the rank.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Olom

This is the first face primer I have tried so I really didn't know what to expect. I was surprised it was so thick and gritty feeling - but I think this is a good primer so far because I don't need to blot my face for excess oil as often as before and I apply a lot less blotting powder now. This primer doesn't go on smooth from the bottle - instead I put a dab in the palm of my hand and using my other hand, I dab little amounts all over my face and then gently smooth over. Like previous posters before me, it leaves a white residue in your hairline and hair, so be careful where you put this!

The price is good compared to other primers I have researched and since you don't need to use a lot of it, it lasts a long time... I got this for $14.00 CDN at Shoppers Drug Mart.

UPDATE: Pretty sure this stuff is making me break out on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is an incredible mattifying primer for under ten bucks. You also get a ton of product for that price.

It does tend to 'ball up' if you apply too much or if you don't blend it well enough. I have to apply in sections with my fingers (a brush won't work!!!) and quickly blend in. Avoid going too close to the hairline if you use it on your forehead because it will look flaky.

Never had a problem with applying my foundation over it, as long as you don't use a lot of product.

I wore this under my MAC foundation to a wedding in 95 degree humid weather and didn't have to blot even once. Amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kokoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wouldn't buy this product again. it's very chalky and dries to a horrible finish and foundation doesn't glide on after application. leaves a white paste like consistency on my face. not a very good makeup base and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kandiehart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I love this product! I have "mature" skin so I was a little worried with the reviews about it being drying and chalky.....but it works perfect for me! I still have oily skin even though I'm older and it controls the oil and helps tighten the skin and cover the fine lines! I used the Boots mousse makeup over it and my makeup stayed perfect all day! No touchups no creasing it stayed exactly as it was applied! That for me is a miracle! I'm going out to buy more so I'm sure to have it when I go to Greece! Thx Boots!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by drifling

My face, especially my nose, gets EXTREMELY oily. This primer is the only thing that has stopped the oil and the shine. Though I wouldn't use it as a primer, since you can't apply it on your skin like a typical primer.

After I apply liquid foundation, I squeeze a tiny amount onto my two index fingers, rub them together, and pat the oiliest parts of my face. Then I apply loose powder like I normally would.

I also looove to use these on my eyes. This works wonderfully to stop my eye makeup from creasing. You have to be careful not to use too much, though, otherwise it'll leave dry, unwanted visible whiteness.

You can use this ONLY on oily parts. If you apply this to a part of your face that doesn't get oily, it will get unpleasantly dry. And yes, it is... a strange white consistency, but that's why you use just a tiny bit.

Unfortunately, it's only available at Target. That's not so bad since it takes quite a long time to get through one. Overall I am pleased with this product and will continue to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

I got a generous sample of this at Target from a Boots rep.
I wanted to give this a try because I am super oily and the reviews said that it does mattify pretty well (which it does).
However, this product immediately broke me out and when I researched the ingredients, one of them was a 4 on the scale of 0 to 5 as far as causing acne. So I am glad I didn't spend $10 on it and stopped using it quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I found this on clearance at Shopper's for $3! I have used it a few times and it smooths very well. I read all the reviews here once I got home. It works with my mineral make up and Smashbox Halo. Will update once I have used longer. I just use it on the lines and oily parts of my face and pat gently rather than rub. I am not sure if this is being discontinued, but I will see if they have more at another Shopper's! I bought the last one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lilac819

All I have to say is that this primer was designed to do its job and it truly did. I could see how people could say that it's hard to smooth on due to its fast drying, thick, and powdery formula. I find that it works effectively if it is patted onto the skin rather than rubbed on. Rubbing/smoothing it on does not work because the formula will ball up. The formula quickly turns into powder, because it was intended to absorb oils. I find that applying it in areas that contains a lot of oils, such as, the T-zone will work more efficiently. If you're reading this review, you'd probably be thinking, "why would I want to pay to compromise with this product in order for it to work?" That's what I would think too, however, I find that this product does its job really well if you do. That is, take time to pat it onto your skin, and smoothout any excess white powdery streaks. Add more if needed and work in very very small sections. In the end, you will see the pay off.

This product really DOES mattify your face. Makeup lasts longer, and most importantly the oils are kept at bay for more than 8 hours. You might see a SLIGHT dewey look at about the 9-10th hour, but some people like that dewey look. I, however, do not so I blot my face. You can even reapply this primer over your foundation a tiny bit to remattify.
I've tried many primers, and all of which were high end: Smashbox Photo Finish, Bare Essentials Prime Time, Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, Makeup Forever Micro HD Primer, Givenchy.

I found that half of those products just moisturized my face and/or smoothed out fine lines, but none of them controlled my T-zone oils.

The only reason why I would not buy this primer again is that I love purchasing new products and trying them out. If I do not find another product better than this one, then I will repurchase so long as it is on the shelves.
But as for now, Good Job BOOTS!

P.S.
**This product works great as an eyeshadow primer. Just pat it onto your eyelids, and apply makeup. It lasts the WHOLE day.