April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lux30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

eternally searching for the perfect shmp & cond. - thicker, on the dry side, porous, nat. wavy hair needs enough conditioning w/out being weighed down. This conditioner does this if i don't leave it on too long and don't use a ton of it - the smell is subtle and earthy, i don't mind it - the only gripe i have other than the cost is that my scalp gets very oily in btwn. washings (i'm not an every day washer, can't be with this hair) but overall, i'm pleased with this for now, after using it for about 3 weeks. I think the key for my hair type and my choice to use more natural prods. is to find a shampoo that doesn't contain too much oil and weight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I grew to like this product. It does help control frizz and my curl without dragging my hair down or removing body. I don't use it religiously, and I am not sure I actually like it better than my Curl Up from Aveda (which I can use all the time it always works), but it is lighter I think and my hair does look glossy and nice when I use it. Maybe after I finish this bottle, I will repurchase, but right now, I am not planning on buying it again. If I change my mind, I will edit my review. By the way, I like the scent - in fact, it doesn't leave a scent at all which I really like. Unfortunately, I still feel I need to use my B&B grooming creme as well, and I would like to use just one leave in styling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by jendyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only Aveda conditioner I will use. It really softens my fine hair without turning it into an oil slick. I pretty much only use it on the ends and then comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb while I'm still in the shower. I also do not use it daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by azuree1975

This is the only Aveda product that even comes close to the quality of a Kerastase or Redken product.

It's not designed for super damaged or curly hair, but still does a better job than either the Aveda products specifically designed for those hair types.

Even so, save your money and go for Redken's All Soft - a far superior and cheaper product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

I recently colored my hair so it was lookin' kinda rough. I had my hairstylist recommend this, and wow. My hair is SO soft. I actually use a different shampoo that's not Aveda ( Giovanni organic) and it didn't seem to make this not work any less. This Smooth Infusion is awesome. I flatiron my hair and it just seemed like a breeze. A lot of products will help to smooth and straighten but not moisturize. This was moisturizes and softens in addition to the flattening.
I had a female co-worker stop me in the hallway and tell me, and I quote "My gosh your hair looks beautiful!" She said it like three times. I have NEVER had anyone tell me that my hair looks beautiful -there's something good in this product and , well there better be for the price I paid. It ain't cheap but I'd say well worth it. I would suggest finishing off styling with two small pumps of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid over flat ironed dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I am LOVING this line from Aveda! I have been trying to find a hair care routine that will smooth out my thick and poofy hair, and this really does the trick. I have nice shine and zero frizz! This reduces the natural bulkiness of my hair nicely, and now I feel like I am wearing my hair, rather than my hair is wearing me (ladies with hard to manage hair will know what that means ;D). I have very thick, color-treated, naturally wavy hair that is on the dry-side. I usually only wash my hair twice a week, due to it's bulk and dryness. These Smooth Infusion products (shampoo, conditioner, and smoothing serum) have not caused my hair color to fade, as far as I can tell. These products have also made my hair easier to style. I just don't think that they'd be appropriate for finer hair, unless you want it to be SUPER flat!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think Aveda as a whole is grossly overrated, but they do make a few products that work really well with my coarse, wavy, frizzy hair. One of them is this conditioner.

The smell is typical Aveda - powerful and perfumey naturals. The texture is pretty thick and I've only seen it come in the stand-up tube.

Overall, it makes my hair smoother and detangles right from the time I rinse. My major complaint is that it seems to really take a lot to do this - about dollar coin size. Since I've only found it in the smaller tube, this makes the stuff run out way too fast, and therefore it loses its edge over my other preferred conditioning product, Biolage's Smoothing Conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JosephineSD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this along with the smooth infusion shampoo and the style prep smoother. I have very fine hair which I flat iron, and this combo of products is perfect for me. I get many comments on how shiny my hair is. I've tried tons of products, but this one is just perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Casyopaja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I mentioned in my review for the shampoo...
I found an Aveda salon where I got my hair cut and just loved the way their products made my hair look like. But I guess in order to get the same result you really have to buy and use all the different products they use on you.
Also some friends told me they wouldn't buy anything else anymore, but Aveda.
So I decided to ignore the price and just get it.

The negative to me was:
- the price
- my hair had no shine at all
- my hair wasn't smoother than it was using other products

The positive in my opinion:
- no silicone

Overall I find the product way overpriced. If it was only up to $10, I would consider buying it again. But for this price I simply expect more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute HG conditioner, along with the Smooth Infusion shampoo. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. I wash my hair daily and usually iron it flat. My hair isn't dry or damaged, but it can get frizzy. These products make my hair so sleek and shiny without weighing it down.

I recently tried Fekkai products, but they cannot compare to my Aveda products. I bought the shampoo, conditioner, smoother serum, and a travel body wash in a cute gift box for $60.00, which isn't a bad deal considering how wonderful they make my hair look and how much they usually cost seperately.

The smell is herbal, but no offensive. I am very sensitive to smells, but this one is ok to me. But, for what it does for my hair, I would handle a gross smell.

Overall, this is an awesome product line. I have been searching for products that perform this well for so long. It's nice to finally have found my HG!