I have been buying this makeup for years now and though I've looked for something better numerous times, I have yet to find it. I have extremely fair skin and it is so difficult to find a makeup that will match me but this makeup comes very close. The Soft Ivory (lightest shade) is just slightly too dark for my skin, but it works good enough compared to other shades and makeup brands that I have tried. The coverage and consistency of this makeup is really good and covers my acne and redness very well while still looking natural and not cakey. I do have to reapply 1-2 times throughout the day but I have oily patches so it's to be expected. I have gotten really used to the container and brush and don't really have any complaints. This makeup generally lasts me at least a few months and I would say that the 10 to 12 dollars I spend is worth it. Overall I have been very pleased with L'Oreal over the years and would recommend this product to others!
This product has been a staple for me for the past few years. It doesn't have a scent, break me out or cause me to flare up with rashes. It has surprisingly good coverage and the only real downsides are the packaging - which can be a bit messy, and the lack of shades that it comes in - the one that I use is a tad lighter than I would like - ok in winter but a bit too light for summer.
I used to use it as my main foundation, mainly because I felt that powder would be less heavy and obvious as liquid foundations. Recently though, I've swapped to a hydrating liquid foundation as my base and use the product as a finishing powder. My main reason for doing this was because I have pretty dry skin and a powder foundation does dry my skin out a bit too much. My other reason is that my liquid foundation is a tad darker than I'd like (I can never find my exact colour) so the powder balances it out well.
There are two foundations I always use and always will: Bare Minerals and Revlon Colorstay; but the BM is lousy for travel, so I decided to give this a try, and I am very pleased. The packaging stinks, the product is too expensive, but I'll buy it because it goes on easy, fast and looks great. Plus, you can just toss the whole thing in your bag and not worry about having the correct brush for application. I also use the mattifying powder in the same type of packaging, and I love it as well. There are some days when I want something that goes on fast without a lot of fuss, and this does it for me. I just wish there was a better way to package it and still include a brush that doesn't have to be carried separately from the product. I am NW 20-25, and I use Natural Ivory, 461 C1/2 and it works beautifully.
This product provides a very full coverage but at the price of chalkiness and scratching caused by the brush. Unfortunately, a moisturizer or soft kabuki brush doesn't help. I wasn't ever able to get this to apply evenly.
- Colors: I've used this for a couple of years. It was actually the first foundation I ever tried, and I kept using it. It comes in three tones, each tone has about five shades.
The tones are warm, neutral, and cool. I have consistently used the lightest shade of the neutral tone, "soft ivory." I tried the warm tone of the lightest shade over the summer for some deeper color and found it to be positively pink. I returned it and went back to my usual neutral; the next shade up in the neutral tone is starkly darker! It would not have matched my skin at all.
- Powder: The powder is very...iridescent and can be messy. I find I have to hold my breath if I'm applying it heavier; the powder will get in my nose otherwise and hurt my throat. Definitely cannot apply this sitting down, especially if you're wearing dark colors. It gets all over. It's light and goes on easily, clings to my skin after I use toner, but not when my skin is very dry.
- Packaging: It comes with enough powder for me to use at least a month and a half, and I use it every single day before leaving my house and then again later for touch ups. It comes with a brush that is a little rough, but it is the best quality of brushes I've seen come with a foundation.
- Coverage: I have some acne marks or minor blemishes. My skin tone is not completely even. The reason why I like it so much is that gives perfect coverage. Like, completely masks any marks on my skin. This is the best in terms of coverage. It makes a smooth and even finish that is matte. I've gotten many compliments on my skin wearing this.
- Skin reaction: I've never had any breakouts with this, and it doesn't make current breakouts worse. I have acne prone skin, mostly kept in check with birth control pills. I also have oily skin. This is why I stopped using this foundation. I switched to MAC's pressed powder and was amazed - my face wasn't oily within a few hours like it is with this foundation. It also combines sort of with the oil on my face, especially the nose area, and sort of runs. With MAC, I can wait till evening to use blotting sheets. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily skin.
- Price: I find this cheapest at Walmart for $12. Drug stores like Rite Aid or grocery store Pathmark sell it for $14.99 to $16.
I ran out of Everyday Minerals (best mineral makeup ever..), so I decided to give this a try. It covers like a b*tch... even without concealer underneath... now i just need to see how it wears.
*edit* 4 hours later... seems to be wearing off... grease showing through. i blew my nose & it rubbed off on tissue. Everyday Minerals is still my fave.
I have used this product for about four years now.
The packaging is terrible, always spills, makes a mess.
The foundation is great for people with normal to oily skin, not for people who have dry skin.
The powder will only stick onto your face with a primer or using a cream beforehand. I do recommend this for people, its just not for me anymore... I switched to liquid foundation now for dry skin.
ps.I always got compliments on how flawless my face looked with this product on.
Awful powder I expected more. The package is terrible spills every time and have to clean up counter after every use. Brush is too hard on skin leave me this unpleasant feeling after use. The powder itself makes my skin shine faster than without powder which I find really bad for a powder. After use I had breakouts that I usually rarely get. Overall terrible product, will not buy again.
this is amazing makeup! however my skin is really pale and the lightest shade was quite orange so i had to stop useing it. also it made my dry skin look wrinkly and like a dried up prune! other than that, the coverage is amazing and it looks great in summer coz it works with your skins natural oils to create that dewey flawless look :) wish there was a more ivory shade for my skin and id definately buy it again but id use a better primer,moisturiser or cream foundation first to avoid that dried wrinkly look lol
In terms of my skin type, this is the best foundation I have ever got. I have oily spot prone skin. The coverage with this foundation is amazing and it's great at controlling excess shine and oil. It rarely breaks me out too and I don't need to reapply it as the day goes on. I have always had trouble with my oily skin and it becoming shiny after about an hour of wearing foundation but this powder keeps it under control. However the lightest shade is still a bit dark for me so when I am applying it for general daytime use I use a looser powder brush which allows me to apply it on lighter but it still gives me that great coverage. Only when I am going out for the night I would use the brush that comes with it. I really don't like the packaging of it as quite a bit of the powder ends up on the bathroom windowsill when I'm applying it to the brush. I do think it is a bit pricey but in terms of what this product does for me it is worth the money.