L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

3.3

Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 10.0. Other ingredients : Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 3/20/2014 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, and I've been using it for years. It makes my skin look fresh and a lot healthier than it is. I have combination skin, and it hides both my flaky, red winter skin and my oily summer skin. I have used two different shades, but now I use D1*W1, Golden Ivory. Perfect for my pale nordic skin. Even though my skin is not at all golden, it matches my skin and looks natural. I have even started using it as a concealer under my eyes, applying it with a concealer brush. It just does everything for me. I don't wear a large amount, so I find that it lasts me ages even though I wear it every day. It doesn't break me out, my friend who recommended it to me said that she felt her skin improved when she had worn it compared to when she didn't wear any makeup.

I have deducted a lippie because the packaging is useless. The brush it comes with is really bad, so I use one from the Body Shop instead. I would have preferred a lid that was flat on the inside, so it could be used to help get the right amount of powder on the brush. Also, I have twice experienced that the lid opened by itself while in my bag, and that gets messy. Still, this is a favourite of mine.

on 2/26/2014 12:21:00 PM

Awful awful AWFUL! Everything about this is bad. The packaging is horrible, so messy and gets everywhere. The powder is so dusty and gives the face such a cakey look! Would NOT reccomned for anyone!

on 2/22/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not sure if this was re-formulated but I still love it. If you compare this with high end and expensive brands like Jane Iredale and Bare Escentuals, it does a better job on oily skin. With a good primer, it can stay on your face for well over 20 hours. The shade N4-5 looks great on my medium neutral skin color.

I've been using this foundation for years. Having eczema and dark under eye circles, it offers the amazing coverage I need without irritating my skin. It matches my pale skin well and I am complimented on my skin while wearing this (once I even had a girl ask "Are you wearing make up or is your skin that perfect"!). The are are downsides, of course. It isn't great for building and it can very easily turn out too cakey, as well as applying it can be messy and the brush that comes with it, while I do use it, it isn't the best. Still, I definitely recommend trying this.

on 12/2/2013 5:44:00 PM

This is a review for the L'Oreal True Match Naturale Foundation in Light Ivory 458/W1-W2.
It's a face powder with SPF 19.
I went through the container in about 2 months, using it every morning over my face moisturizer.
Overall, I did not like this product.
The brush that comes with it is not very good. It has very short bristles and is quite dense. It made the application look patchy.
Even using a good brush, the powder comes out as very mat and flat.
This added a dusty looking layer over my face, making my skin look dull.
Felt like I was wearing a mask :(

on 10/15/2013 3:20:00 PM

Coverage not all that noticeable as compared to the great coverage on the powder concealer. Brush on top is nice if you don't have individual makeup brushes, but not needed. Doesn't bother my acne but does little to my skin and works more as a finishing powder.

on 9/19/2013 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was given this product for free when I was fifteen and after I ran out I went and bought a new one. I love this product, it is my favourite powder. Even though the colour is a bit peachy for my skin tone, I love how it stays on all day and looks both flawless and natural. It's brilliant on it's own or on top of your regular liquid foundation. The SPF15 makes it perfect for summer. I love this product and I will keep buying it until it discontinues.

on 7/26/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

for some reason the container i have is called "Natural Match", not "True Match". anyhoo, it's the same stuff.
i like it! it covers imperfections on my skin. i admit it gets a little cakey on more oily parts such as on my nose and on my chin, but one wipe and that problem gets solved for me easily. it goes on beautifully on my cheeks, forehead and neck. i think the brush's bristles are too rough but i just use it anyway - i am about to buy new soft brushes (ecotools). i've been using this product for about 2 years, but not daily. more like weekly. i don't wear make up every day. the colour matched me perfectly. i want to try the concealer but i can't find it in walmart! looks like i'll have to go to shoppers and pay more!

it does spill a bit, so i tap it down before opening it and i hold it a little far from my clothes and open slowly. it's not the worst thing in the world

on 7/8/2013 6:10:00 PM

I ran out of my Bare Minerals and was really low on money so I bought this. Let me say, I can't believe it but I like it better than Bare Minerals. I do apply it still with the angled Bare Minerals Brush, but this is by far the best Mineral powder makeup I ever used. I also used it for my wedding and I had comments of my skin looked like a Barbie Doll. It did fantastic for wedding pics.

on 7/8/2013 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have pretty bad scarring and hyperpimentation from teenage acne ( I am now 40) , I find this powder gives me great coverage - recently started to use it over a primer and it works a dream. The trick is to layer it gradually rather than heavily cake it on - use a different brush to get a better result , or use the brush with lighter strokes/motion.
Not a fan of the packaging - not travel friendly at all and awkward shape - but the powder works great on my oilt T zone and my scars and marks - since I stopped using liquid foundation five years ago never looked back. I only ever wear liquid at parties now.Another thing - great for photos - gives you flawless skin !