September 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't believe I have never reviewed this before ! I first bought this many years ago at an airport for use on holiday (we don't really get sun here in the UK !) Didn't give it much thought, it just did it's job and I never burned.
Anyway now I'm getting older, I find I like to protect my face during the UK "summer" and this really is wonderful - not only prevents sunburn, but really makes my skin look good - at least as good as any BB cream or light foundation I own (and I have quite a few).
Like another reviewer said simply BB cream way ahead of its time. Will definitely replace when it runs out - hope it is never discontinued now Clinique has brought out both BB and CC creams (neither of which do I much like).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The amount of times I have gone back trying to love this as Clinique is very affordable compared to most lines out there but nope. It like every spf/tinted moisturizer I have tried just leaves my face greasy, shiny, and humid which clogs my pores/causes breakouts within hours. Such a shame and especially for a product that claims to be "OIL FREE".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is an excellent tinted sunscreen. I've used it for years.It's as good as or better than a lot of TM's or BB creams .Excellent mineral based sunscreen, so no irritation around eyes. A lot of people complain about stinging eyes with sunscreens, its the chemical sunscreen components, but as this is only titanium dioxide and zinc oxide they're shouldn't be a problem.This is a good option for foundation in the summer. I just use this and powder, and that's all I need. It can look a little greasy without powder on my combination skin. No , it dosen't give the coverage of a foundation, but it's a nice light summer make up and it will even out skin tone.Never had any problems with breakouts with this. It actually contains a lot of skin beneficial ingredients and is a top pick on beautypedia.Clinique also do an spf 40 version of this, but beware of that one if you have a problem with using chemical sunscreens around eyes as the spf 40 is a mix of chemical and physical. For that reason I prefer this spf 25 version.Good product, average price range, but it's effective , that's the main thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is always in my drawer, and even has been improved over the years, with better SPF and better application. I go through several tubes of it a year (great for scoring bonuses), and have never had even a hint of a tan on my face, even when I end up with color on my neck or chest at the end of the day. Besides the non-chemical sunscreen (a must for rosacea) it also functions as the perfect primer for me. It even things out and augments the glow of my serum. My pores subside and now I have a nice canvas to work from. Even though it is gentle to my skin, when I wash my face at the end of the day, it is still there. It is not hugely expensive, and worth a try for anyone looking to save their skin from the sun.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleighannei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not 100% sure what this product is for. There are better primers, richer moisturisers, and more obvious choices for mattifying products. Needless to say, I am going to give this product another chance whilst on holiday to see if it becomes a holiday make up bag hero then! SPF 25 is pretty good and it says it 'wicks away perspiration and absorbs excess oil'. Will update when I've given it a test run in warmer climes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this moisturizer!! Even though I have normal to dry skin and it does attach itself onto some dry patches I find it moisturizes my skin perfectly. It leaves a beautiful glow on the skin so I don't need to wear foundation although I have tried it under my other foundations and it still gives a perfect finish. It doesn't give me eczema or itch my eyes like my Aveda tinted moisturizer. For €20 its a great price as it lasts forever. I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this about a month ago and I am not disappointed! This helps my foundation stay on longer and it goes on smoother, plus it has a perk of spf! I do not regret purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by rqhooi

I tried this out a few times after receiving a sample tube and liked it enough to buy the full size.

Pros:
- it gave my rough, dehydrated, patchy skin(basically shitty skin full of scars and huge pores)a very polished and dewy look to it without slathering tons of foundation on
- SPF25 and chemical+oil free.

Cons:
- started to have a slight sting after 1-2 weeks of usage when i put it on
- proceeded to a very tight/pulling feeling later in the day
- somehow seems to suck up all my skin's moisture and natural oil and gave me a very ashy,tired look even though i have combo oily skin
- look and felt like i have a plastic film on my face

Overall its not a bad product, but it just wasn't suitable for my skin. I stop using it when I start getting weird bumps along my jaw area which is an indication that one of my skin product is aggravating my already sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so mixed about this product. It glides on smoothly, blends well, makes pore look almost invisible, doesn't have that thick white cast that zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based products have, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin.

However, when it dries, it leave my normal skin feeling SO dry and tight -- especially around my eyes, which are tight to the point of burning. I've tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it only helps a little. I wish Clinique would make a non-matte version of this for those with dry skin or for normal skin during the winter. And I wish they'd make the light yellow tint a little darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Clinique sales person recommended this product when I told her I wanted to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine without switching moisturizers. This layers over my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion seemlessly leaving a dewy finish that isn't oily or sticky. The light tint provides a slight glow on days when I don't want to bother with foundation. However, this is light enough to layer under foundation when I want more coverage. I only wish you got more product for your money. However, I've wasted loads of money on cheaper products that didn't perform. So I guess you get what you pay for.