March 2, 2015 | 2193 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by 4665325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

best sunscreen ever for the face..........oil free, feels like nothing on the skin, and is skin colour......great for reapplying in the middle of the day too over your makeup if you really need too..........those other sunscreens that say ultra-lite fluid don't feel light on my skin at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sunscreen - Clinique - City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum 25 SPF (search this for more reviews)

I love this product. I'm so glad the last item I bought at sephora didn't work out or I never would have found it! I don't wear makeup but have always wanted to and this has helped me land somewhere in the middle. It helps hide most of the imperfections on my face plus its fighting off the sun so my skin can actually focus on repairing and what not. I am so glad that the cosmetics cop (beautypedia.com-reviews) has reviewed this product which has helped me discover what it really has to offer compared to others.

It is very easy to apply I just shake it dot it all around my face even close to the eye area and I smooth it over my skin gently and it sinks in well. I now get compliments on my skin which is nice and I look about 5 years younger using it since it hides my under eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jenniba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I remember this product from when I was in highschool and I thought that it had been discontinued so I super pleased to find it. It only seems to come in one colour which is quite light so it works really well on my fair skin (so if you aren't pale or fair maybe no dice) It blends easily and evens out my skintone nicely without being too thick or greasy. It doesn't provide a ton of coverage and it won't conceal absolutely everything so I just go back in and touch up with concealer. It doesn't make skin look all that different just somehow better and not overly made up...and it has SPF which is why I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff.

I've been using this and the City Block SPF40 for 20 years. It seems to work and at 50+ I have no wrinkles and little pigmentation.

There is a difference between this and the SPF40 version. This is thicker because it has more titanium dioxide and fewer chemicals. Whilst this is good in my opinion it does make for a thicker product which can 'bubble' if you apply too much.

It's also darker than the SPF40- mainly due to being less sheer. For a pale girl like me, it is darker than my foundation, so adds colour even though sometimes I'd rather it didn't.

I don't agree with the idea it's greasy- I don't think it is at all. It's good value and even using it daily a tube lasts me around 6 months which seems a real bargain!

I'd rate it as 5 *s if it wasn't so tinted.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This makes me look very shiny even though it says oil free. Its a shame because the formula is very gentle and has a nice sheer tint which doesn't leave a white cast. If I apply foundation over the top, these tiny little powdery particles start to ball up and ruin my application. I will not be repurchasing but will continue to wear when I go for a run.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

The first thing I will say is that I did find this better than the Clinique Super City block SPF 40, this new and improved formula has a lighter texture and does seem to be better than the original in my opinion. I'm time poor in the mornings so am always a fan of multi-task products, and this one is recommended as a sunscreen as well as a primer.

I like this sheer texture sun screen when wearing it alone, but unfortunately wearing it with my Clinique foundation on top did not work for me as it reduced the time my foundation lasted. I love that it has UVA and UVB protection which is enough for sitting in the office all day with lunch and breaks outside in the harsh New Zealand sun. It also has a lot of antioxidants, including Vitamin C and E, so for some people this can do a 4-fold duty - antioxidant, moisturizer, broad-spectrum sunscreen, and (light) tinted moisturiser.

I love the texture, It feels light yet creamy on my skin, and it almost feels like my skin is 'drinking' it in leaving my skin looking healthy and beautiful. If you like a natural look -this might be the product for you. The sheer tint deposits a little bit of colour while still letting my skin tone come through which is a nice touch. It helps to even out your skin tone somewhat which is great since I am mainly using it now when I just want sheer cover and some SPF protection.

I also really liked the squeeze tube, which is convenient, hygienic and easy to get out. The size of the tube makes it super easy to travel with too, with no concerns about it leaking.

I’d buy this again if I was looking for a product to provide sheer cover with some SPF protection along with antioxidants.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually buy two of these whenever they have a GWP event because these tubes don't last long. I apply in the morning whether or not I plan to wear foundation. If I go out for lunch and don't have foundation on, I reapply because it's buildable with just enough opacity to tone down the redness around my nose.

My only gripe is the price for such a small amount. I can't find anything comparable. Tried Oleda Baker's sunblock, which is similar but hers is too pink and too thick. Wish there was a drugstore version.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is a lightly tinted facial sunscreen that is a great addition to your summer makeup bag.

Price: I always think of Clinique as the gateway product to department store makeup counters. Their prices on makeup, cleansers, etc are a good place to start if you've never ponied up big bucks at Clarins, Chanel, etc; throw in their gifts with purchase and buying from them seems like a no-brainer. I read glowing reviews about this stuff on Paula's Choice website and figured I'd give it a shot, particularly because I wanted a summer facial sunscreen that didn't apply white so I could wear it during the day.

Packaging: This comes in a handy tube; I traveled with it several times over the summer and had zero issues with it leaking. It stores with the cap at the bottom, so you can really get all of the product out of the package.

Product: This has no smell, and is colored like a tinted moisturizer, so you can really get away with just wearing this without other base makeup when going to the beach, pool, etc. I like the level of SPF it contains, and had no issue at all with breakouts or greasiness. I also didn't find this to be overly oily or heavy. I think this is a great product to throw in a bag while on a vacation, particularly if you are not really a fan (as I am not) of using stuff like Banana Boat or Coppertone on your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ig018dummiie

Anyone know why everytime I squeeze some out even after shaking it, oil comes out..??

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkies09

I have been using this sunscreen for almost a year now and it would have to be my favourite so far. It has a light creamy texture with a skin-like tint that works for light or medium tones. The tint lasts and does not transfer during the day. It does go on sheer as the name suggests, evening out skin tone and leaving a slight luminosity to skin. I could understand that on oily skin the finish may be shinier, even dewy, which may or may not be your cup of tea, but I have never found it to be heavy, just a natural and fresh finish. It just looks like my skin only better. For drier skins, try using a moisturiser or serum along with this product before giving up on it (this works well for me on dry days).

I have used it with success as a primer under foundation (in summer) and as a tinted moisturiser (a perfect match in winter, when I am lighter). In fact I have been complimented when wearing it like a tinted moisturiser, with concealer only where needed and a hint of blush, so this is now what I wear regularly. It helps to keep my makeup routine quick and simple on weekdays, and it is healthier for the skin. I then pull out the foundation for weekends or going out.

One little tip: when you get to the end of the tube, cut off the bottom to access the remaining product that you can't squeeze out. I keep it covered with cling film and a rubber band so it doesn't dry out or you could scrape it into a tester pot.

While it is expensive, it has many virtues: it is a versatile product; one tube lasts for months; it is fragrance-free and oil-free; it contains antioxidants; it is a mineral sunscreen, so it is gentle on sensitive skin and the zinc may be beneficial for blemished skin. It is worth every penny if you buy it when there is a gift with purchase and if you make sure you use up every drop.

I have tried the SPF 30 City Block and did not like it as much.

Overall, a terrific sunscreen for all skin types apart from oily.