December 22, 2014 | 1714 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Lady Vengeance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Seduced by the fun and feisty-sounding name, if I'm honest - a nod to Korean director Park Chan-wook's 'Vengeance Trilogy'.
LV is my favourite Juliette fragrance so far (have also tried Citizen Queen - enjoyed the leather, but find the fragrance overall to be a little headache-inducing, even hairspray-esque!?! - and Miss Charming - summery and sugary and girlishly cloying, and so not me!!) LV is a decadent, dark-ish, musky rose that, although maybe derivative, draws lots of compliments.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells of pepper, roses, and whisky on my skin at first, then changes into a less "happy" version of Clinique's Happy. Smells badass, but ends up being very conventional in a sparrow tattoo kind of way.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I'm the only one here as I see, who thinks this is similar to Narcisso Rodriguez For Her EDT. But for me, this is just a sweeter, more flowery version of the NR which is way too masculine for me. I find NR masculine, so I like this one better, but still, not FB worthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have fallen hard for this fragrance. I swap very infrequently and haven't fallen for anything in quite awhile. I have to get it; it's such a beautiful, strong, aggresive rose. Its description is right on; yes, it is a rose with the thorns included, and I envisioned these thorns when I first tried it, clueless of what its "official" description was. I will be asking for samples of Miss Charming and Citizen Queen when I order this one!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

A nice subtle rose scent that eases into something kind of earthy but spiked with a hint of spiciness, maybe pepper? Though the rose note is most prominent throughout, it isn't an old lady fragrance nor is it a saccharine floral. It feels sort of nonchalant and casually very pretty without trying hard to do so. I think it'd be really nice for the colder months, though I'm wearing it in the middle of August just because. Staying power isn't the best on me, but it lasts for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by susjs

I fell in love with "Lady Vengeance" at Henri Bendel's in NYC, I believe this is the only place you could buy it in the US at the time, otherwise it's available via the website [http://www.juliettehasagun.com/] or at Colette's in Paris. Love the name! I'm not a fragrance expert, so please refer to the website for more detailed info., but I can say this is one divine, unique, powerfully sexy and long-lasting fragrance that in my [admittedly limited] unscientific testing, has many male fans. I believe it has notes of patchouli, vanilla and bulgarian rose, it's feminine and sexy and a bit earthy - this is my go-to going out at night fragrance. [An interesting bit of trivia - this line of fragrances by Juliette Has A Gun was created by Nina Ricci's Grandson.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with the fragrance when I received a sample as an extra in a swap package. I don't remember who sent included it, but I have to say thank you. I still have the sample, but have since ordered a full bottle for myself. I love rose scents, LOVE them. This is by far my favorite rose perfume. (Stella is right behind it). It's so soft and flowery, but it's certainly got an edge to it. With Bulgarian rose, vanilla and patchouli, Lady V. makes me feel sexy, confident and unique. It lasts all day! I get compliments every time I wear Lady V. The packaging is just too cute! I will never be without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful patchouli/vanilla blend, until the rose kicks in and ruins everything by turning sour. Apparently roses don't love me as much as I love them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A rose chypre! It's elegant, confident, and irresistibly gorgeous. I love the elegant black glass bottle, too. Lady Vengeance is a deep, sensual black-red rose. It's floral quality is heady, but counterbalanced by a touch of light patchouli over a dry vanilla base. If you like Cabaret and Agent Provocateur you must sample this. Lady Vengeance is seductive, and daring, yet mysterious. It perfect for wearing with tall black boots, and a fedora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a sample and ordered it, Just came and it is wonderful and smells heavenly,Thorny Bulgarian Rose marries patchouli and vanilla. Love this and cute round bottle with a ribbon on it, another winner ♥♥