April 21, 2014 | 1054 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Lady Vengeance

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I'm the only one here as I see, who thinks this is similar to Narcisso Rodriguez For Her EDT. But for me, this is just a sweeter, more flowery version of the NR which is way too masculine for me. I find NR masculine, so I like this one better, but still, not FB worthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have fallen hard for this fragrance. I swap very infrequently and haven't fallen for anything in quite awhile. I have to get it; it's such a beautiful, strong, aggresive rose. Its description is right on; yes, it is a rose with the thorns included, and I envisioned these thorns when I first tried it, clueless of what its "official" description was. I will be asking for samples of Miss Charming and Citizen Queen when I order this one!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

A nice subtle rose scent that eases into something kind of earthy but spiked with a hint of spiciness, maybe pepper? Though the rose note is most prominent throughout, it isn't an old lady fragrance nor is it a saccharine floral. It feels sort of nonchalant and casually very pretty without trying hard to do so. I think it'd be really nice for the colder months, though I'm wearing it in the middle of August just because. Staying power isn't the best on me, but it lasts for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by susjs

I fell in love with "Lady Vengeance" at Henri Bendel's in NYC, I believe this is the only place you could buy it in the US at the time, otherwise it's available via the website [http://www.juliettehasagun.com/] or at Colette's in Paris. Love the name! I'm not a fragrance expert, so please refer to the website for more detailed info., but I can say this is one divine, unique, powerfully sexy and long-lasting fragrance that in my [admittedly limited] unscientific testing, has many male fans. I believe it has notes of patchouli, vanilla and bulgarian rose, it's feminine and sexy and a bit earthy - this is my go-to going out at night fragrance. [An interesting bit of trivia - this line of fragrances by Juliette Has A Gun was created by Nina Ricci's Grandson.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with the fragrance when I received a sample as an extra in a swap package. I don't remember who sent included it, but I have to say thank you. I still have the sample, but have since ordered a full bottle for myself. I love rose scents, LOVE them. This is by far my favorite rose perfume. (Stella is right behind it). It's so soft and flowery, but it's certainly got an edge to it. With Bulgarian rose, vanilla and patchouli, Lady V. makes me feel sexy, confident and unique. It lasts all day! I get compliments every time I wear Lady V. The packaging is just too cute! I will never be without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful patchouli/vanilla blend, until the rose kicks in and ruins everything by turning sour. Apparently roses don't love me as much as I love them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A rose chypre! It's elegant, confident, and irresistibly gorgeous. I love the elegant black glass bottle, too. Lady Vengeance is a deep, sensual black-red rose. It's floral quality is heady, but counterbalanced by a touch of light patchouli over a dry vanilla base. If you like Cabaret and Agent Provocateur you must sample this. Lady Vengeance is seductive, and daring, yet mysterious. It perfect for wearing with tall black boots, and a fedora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a sample and ordered it, Just came and it is wonderful and smells heavenly,Thorny Bulgarian Rose marries patchouli and vanilla. Love this and cute round bottle with a ribbon on it, another winner ♥♥

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lady Vengeance is a very sultry, dark velvety rose resting on a dry, concrete patchouly bed and covered with some spice. The idea is good, although not just for me: it must be the patchouly thing that I find almost offensive in its intensity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quite interesting fragrance IMO.
Very pronounced rose top notes. Yes, it reminds a bit of Stella but rose here is warmer, "rounder", softer and not green like in Stella. Very modern, not oldfashioned style rose fragrance. It is more sophisticated and more mature than Stella IMO and a bit sexier at the same time. It has a nice spicy middle notes and base. Interesting and elegant fragrance ... a "darker" rose variation but still soft enough and easy to wear because rose and spicy notes are nicely balanced.
Heavier, more grown-up and darker sister of Miss Charming.