January 27, 2015 | 1782 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by lollisim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE 19/9:
Somehow my 129 feels a tad bit softer after washing it several times with Baby shampoo (I used red Johnson & Johnson shampoo).
I'm still using it as a blending brush, just cause it's not stiff.

Why I like this:
- This brush is great in picking up and placing products on your face, but it's just too big for contouring.
I just love round blush brush in general, cause I can just dab it on the tip and blend out.

Why I don't like this brush:
- it's SCRATCHY.
Everytime I use 129 to apply pressed blush, my cheek went very, very itchy, even few minutes after I can still feel the itchiness.
I should mention my cheek is dry.
- It sheds. Not much but I notice few shedding.

All in all, I will still use this on emergency. I think it does what it's meant to do well, which is for blush and powder. Only that my skin can't stand its scratchiness.
I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by monielovesmac

I love this brush for my blush or a little bit of bronzing with my mac blunt even on my nw43 skin it works well with blunt to contour as well, i just love it as a good all around brush i can apply regular podwer after foundation or whatever i dont just always have to use it for blush ^.^

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many other users have mentioned, this brush is harsher than other brushes out there. The bristled taper from short to long and you can really feel the bristles against your face. I purchased this hoping that I'd be getting a long-lasting brush that didn't shed or irritate my skin. Boy, I was wrong! The 129 was good for a couple uses, then began shedding hairs all over my face. I am very gentle when washing my brushes; I clean them with a mild soap and squeeze gently, then air dry. It seems that washing and regular use only cause this brush to get worse. The softness of the brush eventually wore out and it really does irritate my sensitive skin, far too much for daily use. I'm now using ELF's Powder Brush. It's SO soft and wonderful and only 3 dollars!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by connieconnie

this brush is way too scratchy.........Sometimes I thougth I could use this brush without a blush....my cheek will turn red!
if you have sensitive skin.. I won't recommand this....
This is a pricy brush but not worth the money....

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Divia14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wish i wouldve read the review before buying this brush..but OMG this is so scratchy!It literally feels like toothpicks poking your skin!I take care really good care of my MAC brushes & ive never experience anything like this before.I thought all MAC brushes are good quality & worth the price but not this one!Absolutely disappointing!Ive purchased the 116 instead & this is mega soft!So if youre stuck on which one to buy out of the two..go for the 116!129 had to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is like my 129SH. After days of using it, bristles become scratchy. Good thing, it doesn't shed a lot. Maybe just 2-3 hairs when using it and 5 hairs when washing it. Good in applying blush compared to 129SH because I find that 129SH bristles are a bit long and not that compact.
I will not buy this again, hoping that conditioners can maintain the softness of the bristles. Will give it another try. If no luck, will try MAC 116 as some youtube gurus are using.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i thought i would love this brush but it scratch my face so rough! after washes this brush will turns into a broom literally, it becomes so fluffy that you can barely use it to apply blush on your cheeks. instead it will help you apply to your whole face where then you will look like a clown afterwards. i prefer the 116, after washes it will turn into the original shape of the 129

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh.. this brush is so scratchy!
i had good hopes for this...
dont waste money, get the nars one instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I think this is one of the first few brushes I owned, but its been so long I can't remember now. In anycase, I have recently rediscovered it and love it. I use to dust talc lightly on my face after I apply my makeup to blot off any stickyness and keep skin matt. The size of the bristles is just great for the entire face. For blush, I use a smaller brush. The bristles are not too soft so its too hard to pick up powder at the same time they are not too hard so the application is no good. In fact, I love this so much I carry it around with me for touch ups. Purchased at USD46 if I did not remember wrongly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by whatthefrance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC brush and I was really excited. I feel the brush is too small for an all-over-the-face powder but it definitely is a good size for blush. I'm sad to say that it sheds way too much for my liking. I understand shedding for the first couple of uses but it keeps shedding like crazy!

The bristles are very soft and I love the application of the blush it gives me on my cheeks. If it wasn't for the tremendous amount of hairs falling out, it would be a 5 star rating.