MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush

I love this brush for my blush or a little bit of bronzing with my mac blunt even on my nw43 skin it works well with blunt to contour as well, i just love it as a good all around brush i can apply regular podwer after foundation or whatever i dont just always have to use it for blush ^.^

on 7/18/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Like many other users have mentioned, this brush is harsher than other brushes out there. The bristled taper from short to long and you can really feel the bristles against your face. I purchased this hoping that I'd be getting a long-lasting brush that didn't shed or irritate my skin. Boy, I was wrong! The 129 was good for a couple uses, then began shedding hairs all over my face. I am very gentle when washing my brushes; I clean them with a mild soap and squeeze gently, then air dry. It seems that washing and regular use only cause this brush to get worse. The softness of the brush eventually wore out and it really does irritate my sensitive skin, far too much for daily use. I'm now using ELF's Powder Brush. It's SO soft and wonderful and only 3 dollars!

on 6/28/2012 1:37:00 PM

this brush is way too scratchy.........Sometimes I thougth I could use this brush without a blush....my cheek will turn red!
if you have sensitive skin.. I won't recommand this....
This is a pricy brush but not worth the money....

on 6/13/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wish i wouldve read the review before buying this brush..but OMG this is so scratchy!It literally feels like toothpicks poking your skin!I take care really good care of my MAC brushes & ive never experience anything like this before.I thought all MAC brushes are good quality & worth the price but not this one!Absolutely disappointing!Ive purchased the 116 instead & this is mega soft!So if youre stuck on which one to buy out of the two..go for the 116!129 had to go!

This brush is like my 129SH. After days of using it, bristles become scratchy. Good thing, it doesn't shed a lot. Maybe just 2-3 hairs when using it and 5 hairs when washing it. Good in applying blush compared to 129SH because I find that 129SH bristles are a bit long and not that compact.
I will not buy this again, hoping that conditioners can maintain the softness of the bristles. Will give it another try. If no luck, will try MAC 116 as some youtube gurus are using.

on 3/30/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i thought i would love this brush but it scratch my face so rough! after washes this brush will turns into a broom literally, it becomes so fluffy that you can barely use it to apply blush on your cheeks. instead it will help you apply to your whole face where then you will look like a clown afterwards. i prefer the 116, after washes it will turn into the original shape of the 129

on 3/22/2012 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ugh.. this brush is so scratchy!
i had good hopes for this...
dont waste money, get the nars one instead!

on 3/22/2012 2:22:00 AM

I think this is one of the first few brushes I owned, but its been so long I can't remember now. In anycase, I have recently rediscovered it and love it. I use to dust talc lightly on my face after I apply my makeup to blot off any stickyness and keep skin matt. The size of the bristles is just great for the entire face. For blush, I use a smaller brush. The bristles are not too soft so its too hard to pick up powder at the same time they are not too hard so the application is no good. In fact, I love this so much I carry it around with me for touch ups. Purchased at USD46 if I did not remember wrongly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC brush and I was really excited. I feel the brush is too small for an all-over-the-face powder but it definitely is a good size for blush. I'm sad to say that it sheds way too much for my liking. I understand shedding for the first couple of uses but it keeps shedding like crazy!

The bristles are very soft and I love the application of the blush it gives me on my cheeks. If it wasn't for the tremendous amount of hairs falling out, it would be a 5 star rating.

on 3/2/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I do not like this for blush at all but it's perfect for powder and bronzer. I have an SE version I use for applying my sunless tanner to my face and neck also, it's a lotion so a brush that shed's would be horrible to use. Both of my 129's are so soft and do not shed ever. I like that they apply product lightly and evenly and I can get an airbrushed look. I think this brush is great for applying product's allover, it's nice for powder foundation too, the shape + fluffiness of it isn't great for applying blush IMO.

Popular Makeup Brushes