November 28, 2014 | 1287 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Volumizing with Soy and Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by KatelynAnne

I used the shampoo & conditioner together for awhile and it was great, I still have some left over ( Currently trying other natural products ) and I loved it. It made my hair feel soft and moisturised and smelled good. It also did give me good volume and I didn't have many frizzies with it at all. It has a nice light scent once your hair is dry, its not overwhelming at all. The Shampoo doesn't lather really well, but I just fixed that by adding water to it to get it all around my hair better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

While i dont think this conditioner is exactly nourishing my hair, it smells yummy and really does give my curls a good amount of volume after its air dried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is pretty good for those with oily/greasy hair. It keeps your hair moisturized while not leaving your hair with this greasy glow. I am not overly fond of the smell of this conditioner, I know that it's almost all made from natural ingredients which is pretty rare to find these days in comparison to its reasonable price, but the smell! It has this creamy, coconut, milk-like smell and that is probably the only thing I'm not particularly loving.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sparky_sarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first "natural" product and it about made me turn back on trying to go natural. I felt like my hair had not been conditioned after using it. When I smelled the conditioner, it definitely smells like pomegranate, I thought it would be good. But after my hair was dry I kept thinking that my 7 month old needed a diaper change or my 3 year old was gassy only to discover I couldn't get away from that smell because it was my hair! LOL, funny I know. So, I couldn't get over the smell either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

This doesn't smell as good as the volumizing shampoo, because of the cetyl alcohol in it, but it still smells pretty good. I don't mind the ingredient, because I presume that it is used in the conditioner as a surfactant. Anyways, this conditioner lathers well, and washes off pretty easily for a conditioner that doesn't contain any sulfates. It makes my hair soft, and shiny, and yes, a bit more volumized. My HG conditioner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Like the shampoo, I found this conditioner extremely strongly scented to the point of nauseating. I could smell the scent in my hair every time the wind blew and it drove me batty so I gave the conditioner and shampoo to my mother. Overall I found it hydrating and detangling for my thin hair so I don't have any complaints in the performance department. It did not seem to make my hair any fuller or thicker looking but it's not a bad conditioner. I only used this once so I can't comment on any long term effects (buildup, allergic reactions, etc.) Overall not bad but the scent killed it for me, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

Love this conditioner and have been using it along with the shampoo for nearly two months and will not go back to previous shampoos or conditioners I've tried and some still lurking under my bathroom sinks. Burt's Bees products are the ones for me! I use very little of this since my hair is very clean and after two months of using both products, my hair no longer have that straw feeling that you get when you initially use the products. Now, all I get is smooth, silky feeling when wet or dry. I've tried Ojon, Wen, L'Occatine, and other drug stores hair shampoos and conditioners and none of these have given me the result that I now sooo happy to have with Burt's Bees. I've always had the semi coarse Asian hair. Always love the feel of my hair when it's between the wet and dry stage. Now, with Burt's Bees, my hair is very silky even when it's dry! And, talk about healthy! Not sure if I mentioned it, but my hairdresser went on a sabatical about three months ago and you know about hairdressers, once you find the one you like, it's very difficult to find a replacement. It's easier to find a boyfriend than a hairdresser! Anyway,let me move on, :-) I haven't had a hair cut in 4 months! I had to color my own hair...*sniff*..But, even with the over the counter haircolor product, my hair is still very soft and silky and no split ends after four months! I love this conditioner and will continue to use it along with the shampoo even after I find another hairdresser. You have to give this product a try if you want luxurious silky hair and give it time to do it's magic.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made my hair flat,lifeless and dull! Absolutely no volumizing affects!
This conditioner did not perform well even for a natural based conditioner it had very little with any conditioning affects,my hair was still dry and tangled even after applying more product,and it did not moisturize the ends of my hair at all.It does have mostly naturally derived ingredients and a nice scent,however its duty as a conditioner or detangler was far from hitting the mark ,it did not smoothe out the tangles or matted mess the shampoo had left my hair in.If you want tangles and a rats nest in your hair then go for this conditioner! you won't be dissapointed :-) another downside is the pressence of artificial fragrance which deflects from the products mostly naturally derived ingredients.This product bodified my hair for only the first week after that it started to build up waxy protein overload in my hair making my hair weighted down and the ends very dry.The benefits do not outweigh the cons of this product,therefore I cannot reccomend it,especially for fine,thinning or fragile hair,and definately not for proccessed,colored or highlighted hair,stay away from it if you have dry hair or scalp.If you like Burt's bees products,try their grapefruit shea butter deep conditioner.
Water, Decyl, Lauryl Glucosides (Natural Coconut Oil, Corn, Starch, Sugar Soap Blend), Coco Betaine (Coconut Oil Moisturizer), Honey, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate (Natural Sunflower, Coconut Oil Soap Blend), Soy Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Sucrose Ester (Sugar Moisturizer), Betaine (Sugar Beet), Glucose Sugar, Fragrance, Pomegranate Extract, Moringa Seed Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Citric Acid, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase

Pros:
Nice scent
Mostly natural ingredients
more affordable then salon brands

Cons:
too high in protein/low in moisture
artificial fragrance
does not moisturize or detangle
coats hair and weighs it down with waxy buildup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by brtnyfx

Really enjoying this conditioner. I have very fine hair. I can always tell when a conditioner is good by the way it rinses off. This leaves my hair very soft and shiny and thick. Great smell too. Very good price for what it does. A good alternative for those who use Pantene all the time. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was neither good nor bad, it performed like any other conditioner. I didn't notice any added volume but it smells nice and is pretty natural, so that's neat.