Aesop Amazing Face Cleanser

3.7

on 9/3/2005 6:27:00 AM

I got this as a sample. I have combo skin and I rub it between my hands with water to create a mild foam. After you rinse your face with water, skin is definitely squeaky clean. Great for summer when skin gets oily after a day's work. But quite pricey in my opinion for a daily cleanser as you can use this up pretty quickly - definitely buy the larger size to save money. UPDATE: 8/3/07 This has become too drying for me and is suitable for only the oiliest of skin types. I suggest Fabulous Face Cleanser from Aesop as a better alternative.

on 8/28/2005 12:19:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I first read about Aesop. Finally there is a store which sells them in Singapore! I am fond of trying cleansers and I have oily skin. I tried this gel cleanser out and I like the scent of the tangerine rine and lavender stem. This gel cleanser does not foam very much unlike other cleansers I have used but this cleanser rinses out well and does not leave the skin dry and stripped of moisture. The bad side about it is the packaging. I usually wash my face when I am in the shower so this poses as a hazard to me and I am so scared of dropping the glass bottle! I had to buy the smaller Aesop travel sized bottles to store the cleanser in. Overall an awesome product which did not give me breakouts and would love to repurchase after I finish up the bottle :)

on 5/21/2005 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have N-O sensitive skin and I soooo wanted to like this product. I love Aesop's Mandarin Moisturizer and Parsley eye serum, so I thought I would try a few other products. Amazing is a light gel, moderately foaming cleanser with a great foral scent (ylang, I think), but unfortunately it was a little too strong (stripping) for my skin. If you have truly OILY skin, like the product is advertised for, then it would probably work for you. But if N-O, make sure you get a large sample size, enough to last a week, to ensure that the product does not dry your skin over time.

I received a few samples of this product (enough for about 3 days) and I really like it. It removes the day's oil and dirt in one wash. The smell is nice and it lathers well, too.

It does not leave a residue and it does not seem to cause me to break out further.

I am considering buying this or the Fabulous Cleanser, of which I have also received generous amounts of samples from sales staff.

And although the packaging is nice, I do not like the glass in a bathroom setting. It is also impractical to travel with unless transferred into a cleanser bottle from an old cleanser. The amber is designed to prevent spoilge from light and plastic could absorb the essential oils, but it would be much more practical. I have heard they are planning on introducing pumps and plastic bottles.

on 10/12/2004 11:02:00 AM

i have combi skin and whilst it cleans my oily t-zone, my cheeks are not stripped and remains soft and nice! will be trying fabulous face cleanser to see which is better.

on 9/7/2004 7:24:00 PM

Like all other previous comments made for this item, I have to agree the glass bottle packaging is a pain. The gel is rather "gel-lish" and it takes time to pour it out, and the glass doesn't allow users to squeeze the gel out! I think Aesop should offer pumps for their glass bottled items.

on 1/20/2004 4:50:00 AM

Like with all Aesop products here in Europe, its price is outrageous. Although my skin is combination, I found this cleanser too dry for my skin during the winter-time. Maybe I'll get better results in the summer. For that price, I don't think I will be re-purchasing.

on 10/28/2003 10:37:00 AM

I realise that glass bottles are great for keeping the ingredients from disintegrating but really a glass bottle for the bathroom? This cleanser slipped from my grasp and broke into sharp shards that cut my feet up into smitherens! Just for that I take all points away. Don't companies realise that there should be some afterthought to safety use in bathrooms?

on 10/26/2003 8:58:00 PM

Aesop cleaners are very fresh and natural smelling, with the consistency of honey. They lather well and do a very effective job without drying the skin, and leave your face looking bright and clear. My husband loves this too, so it's kind of a trick product to make him pay some attention to himself without feeling girly. Packaging could do with some work -nice amber glass jars but you need to stick your finger in and scoop it out which, unless you are very dextrous, often results in a little wasteful trail of it between jar, sink and face.

on 9/1/2003 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't foam up much, doesn't smell that special either, and seemed to leave some residue on my face after cleansing. It does feel very gentle though. But for gentleness I'd prefer cetaphil, for deep cleansing I'd prefer SKII.