August 1, 2014 | 1288 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Amazing Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a few samples of this product (enough for about 3 days) and I really like it. It removes the day's oil and dirt in one wash. The smell is nice and it lathers well, too.

It does not leave a residue and it does not seem to cause me to break out further.

I am considering buying this or the Fabulous Cleanser, of which I have also received generous amounts of samples from sales staff.

And although the packaging is nice, I do not like the glass in a bathroom setting. It is also impractical to travel with unless transferred into a cleanser bottle from an old cleanser. The amber is designed to prevent spoilge from light and plastic could absorb the essential oils, but it would be much more practical. I have heard they are planning on introducing pumps and plastic bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by keymistress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have combi skin and whilst it cleans my oily t-zone, my cheeks are not stripped and remains soft and nice! will be trying fabulous face cleanser to see which is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2004 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jessieliaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like all other previous comments made for this item, I have to agree the glass bottle packaging is a pain. The gel is rather "gel-lish" and it takes time to pour it out, and the glass doesn't allow users to squeeze the gel out! I think Aesop should offer pumps for their glass bottled items.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like with all Aesop products here in Europe, its price is outrageous. Although my skin is combination, I found this cleanser too dry for my skin during the winter-time. Maybe I'll get better results in the summer. For that price, I don't think I will be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Jana888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I realise that glass bottles are great for keeping the ingredients from disintegrating but really a glass bottle for the bathroom? This cleanser slipped from my grasp and broke into sharp shards that cut my feet up into smitherens! Just for that I take all points away. Don't companies realise that there should be some afterthought to safety use in bathrooms?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2003 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rthaniss

Aesop cleaners are very fresh and natural smelling, with the consistency of honey. They lather well and do a very effective job without drying the skin, and leave your face looking bright and clear. My husband loves this too, so it's kind of a trick product to make him pay some attention to himself without feeling girly. Packaging could do with some work -nice amber glass jars but you need to stick your finger in and scoop it out which, unless you are very dextrous, often results in a little wasteful trail of it between jar, sink and face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 8:36:00 AM More reviews by wombat

This doesn't foam up much, doesn't smell that special either, and seemed to leave some residue on my face after cleansing. It does feel very gentle though. But for gentleness I'd prefer cetaphil, for deep cleansing I'd prefer SKII.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2003 5:31:00 PM More reviews by littl3devil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a nice cleanser. Cleans thoroughly but not drying. However, it doesn't foam up very well and I have to double cleanse bcoz that makes me skin feel cleaner and more refreshing. I wish it has a pump as well. Most probably will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2003 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Hunhun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good non drying gel cleanser that smells beautifully of Ylang Ylang. I think its a little expensive for a basic gel cleanser but it does feel luxury. The bottle will last a long time so it justifies the AU$42 price. I wish it foams up more and comes with a pump. I love tring out new cleansers so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2003 3:55:00 AM More reviews by lissaSBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was scared by the smell of this stuff. I normally don't use cleansers that have such a heavy fragrance, but this one didn't give me an allergic reaction so it's a keeper. I got a sample of this from Aedes and I can't wait to place an order for this. This did not dry out my skin and made my oily skin glow! Highly recommend this, the only downside is that it is $27 but it's quality is worth it!