October 20, 2014 | 1535 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine - Olive Forte Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by beachvbgal

This cleanser is great for my combination/sensitive skin. Even though laventine has a cleansing oil for combo skin, I can't use it as my skin reacts to essential oils badly. This olive forte one has no essential oil, in fact, I couldn't believe the ingredients listed on their website complete until I confirmed with their customer rep. This cleansing oil does remove makeup, especially sunblock very very well, without irritating my face. My oily area (t-zone) feels less oily after cleansing, so I expect it help with my blackheads in the area. The oil smells just like regular olive oil, which I don't hate, but the funny thing is, although I'm allergic to essential oils, I'm ok with artificial fragrance, so it would be nice this cleanser came with a sweet smell. Maybe I'm asking too much? But I do love my cleanser smells more floral. I guess I'll buy this cleanser again until...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MartieN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is so comforting while removing sunblock I feel it actually good for my skin! My face is sensitive to almost all sunblock, no matter how they claim it, but I see this oil help calm down my skin and recover. This oil has been indispensable for the summer and its worth every penny. Will order again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by gemhorse16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first started using water-soluble cleansing oils almost 2 winters ago when my skin was feeling drier than normal. I ordered Laventine's (then called La Vitton) Dry/Normal cleansing oil which was fine for the winter, but come spring/summer it was too rich for my skin. I switched to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel, but found that too drying. So, I decided to go back to Laventine and try the Olive Forte around spring time, which could be adjusted to any skin type, oily or dry. (FYI, the company claims you can adjust any of the oils to suit your current skin condition by using warmer/colder water when rinsing. This may work w/ most people, but for me personally it did not with the dry/normal formula; it may just be me. There are directions on the site)

Anyway, this cleanser is absolutely fabulous. I don't usually wear make-up on a daily basis, so I only need 2 pumps to clean my face. When I do have foundation on, I use 3-4 pumps; it melts everything away, even waterproof mascara! That's one less product to buy! Application did take some time to get used to since it's applied to the face dry, but after awhile I enjoyed the feeling. It feels great on and rinses away perfectly; I don't need to use another cleanser. My face never feels tight or oily and, depending on how my skin feels that day, I adjust the water temperature. I also really love this because I don't have to switch to another product when the seasons change. I can use the Olive Forte year round! After washing in the morning I just put on Neurtrogena Healthy Skin Moisturizer w/ SPF 45 and I'm out the door. It couldn't be easier! My husband has even noted that my face has been glowing :-). Plus, shipping is fast and customer service is awesome. Just search for them online and you'll find their website easily. I've even got my mother hooked on these cleansing oils (she has the Dry/Normal formala and loves it)! Hope this works as well for you as it does for me!

FYI, my skin is oily/combo, depending on the season, with oiliness predominantly on the T-zone.

***UPDATE: It's been over a year and a half since I wrote this review and I still love this stuff! I've managed to use just 1 pump on days that I go w/o makeup and 2 pumps for when I wear foundation. And instead of just rinsing the cleanser off w/ warm water, I use a damp washcloth instead. I rest the warm cloth over my face for a few seconds while using my palms to apply gentle pressure all over my face (just like estheticians do during a facial). I then gently clean my face w/ the damp cloth, which doubles as an exfoliation; if I find that my skin still has makeup, I repeat the process. For me, this method has been working very well. My face feels great afterwards!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by anitaw78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received my facial set which includes this cleansing oil and other two oils for face and eye. I love the cleansing oil, very similar to dhc deep cleansing oil but with simpler, more natural ingredients. I like the eye oil, very soothing, but the face oil is a bit too rich and I can't apply it to all my face, especially around the nose. I live in canada and the package arrived in 4 days, very happy with their service.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

All of La Vitton and Laventine's products break me out. Plus, what's up w/ this company making up fake accounts to highly rate their products???

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SandraSt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought both the olive forte cleanser and eye oil. The results of the eye oil I'm still waiting to see, light and moisturizing is my first impression. But this cleanser I can say is excellent! It gets rid of makeup and everything yet does not over dry, and it makes my skin soft and calm. I know you get a discount by buying the whole facial set, but if you are not sure, this cleansing oil is a must try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sangariel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be the most effective makeup remover I've ever tried. And the amazing thing is it does not contain harsh chemicals. The oil warms up a bit in contact with face, and just dissolve all trace of makeup, no water needed! Only need water to rinse the dirty oil off after about 1-2 minnutes massage. I don't use any other cleanser afterwards, but I like to use a toner to complete the washing, and my face is soft and clean like new. Great natural product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by BrendaW75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thanks to laventine's olive forte oil cleanser my sensitive skin finally calms down and I can wear foundation again. For the whole summer I used the cleansing oil to remove my sunblock and it has been so effective my face looked smoother when the fall finally came, and this never happened. I used to have to do a lot damage control after teh summer, but not this year. I used up 4-5 tubes of sunscreen and it helped my skin big time, and the cleansing oil, too. Now I start to use foundation and my skin looks flawless, most of the no concealer touchup needed! My experience is that sunblock and cleansing oil are a must for the summer sun, and this olive cleanser is great for makeup, too, as it won't hurt the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Kanas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Raves for Olive Forte cleansing oil followed by Laventine botanical facial cleanser! My skin used to be easily clogged by all kinds of sunblock and foundation, especially the waterproof , silicon based ones and broke out regularly. Since I started to use the cleansing oil, my skin gradually cleared up and blackheads disappeared. With the extra help from the botanical facial cleanser, my face has been clear for over a month and it feels so good I donít have to use concealer to cover the blemishes like I used to. They are not drying, especially if I use them together, the botanical facial cleanser has the freshest scent and leaves skin well smoothed and hydrated. I highly recommend you follow the cleansing oil with a mild cleanser or toner if you want to get rid of blackheads or blemishes fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lolala10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG makeup remover for a year and it's the best. I wear revlon colorstay eyeliner and this cleansing oil dissolves it completely just by gentle massage and rinses clean with water, no irritations, no tears, no harsh chemicals! The laventine olive forte has the simplest formula of all cleansing oils and I feel it's better than DHC deep cleansing oil which sadly contains parabens. olive forte is watersoluble and contains almost nothing but olive ingredients, and I'll definitely recommend it to anyone who loves natural products!