December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by 1Sunshine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is terrible. I finally got my acne-prone, very sensitive skin somewhat under control and used this product after so many great reviews. It broke my face out terribly! Pimples everywhere (regular ones, whereas at my age as getting near-40, I am normally only getting dreadful cystic acne) after using it for only 4 days, morning & night each day. Do not use this if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin! I am now going to venture down the path of Boscia and a couple of other options instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG scrub/exfoliator!! After years of 7 Day Scrub from Clinique and the exfoliator from Yes... To Carrots, which are both fine btw, I have found heaven with this one!! I use this in the shower, maybe twice a week and it makes my skin look and feel so much better. It's a very fine grain, the smell is meh, but it's not necessary to be perfumed so kudos for that. Price-wise it's okay, it's a big bottle which lasts forever. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every morning and again usually in the afternoon (I use neutrogena salicylic acne wash in the PM with my clairsonic). I have good results from this, I used to use the neutrogena acne wash with the clairsonic 2 times a day and I wanted to try this wash out for a change. I really love it, it has very tiny particles like sand in it. I make sure to really shake it before each use to distribute all the particles. I massage my face gently for about a minute, rinse, and moisturize and it has improved my skin over my previous routine. I have purchased this twice now and will continue to use it, it makes my skin feel clean but not medicated or overly cleansed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ayeshashhn

Worst ever. Irritates my skin. I have sensitive/acne prone skin. My skin never looks worst! And the price..so over rated.I rather add baking soda to my reguler face wash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by rubygirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing product! I have been a massive fan of MD formulations cleanser but this one has blown my mind. My skin is the best it's been. I do recommend other Philosophy products too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kellymromano

Love this scrub, very effective but gentle enough for every day use. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I tend to go for scrubs with finer granules and this one is perfect, with no irritation since I started using it a few weeks ago. I use it in the morning to buff my skin smooth before I apply my makeup and it works wonderfully. Pretty much no smell to the product either, which I really like.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I really hate that this product did not work for me... I had such high hopes for it when I bought it about six months ago.

I bought a 16 ounce bottle from Ulta for 39 USD and initially was shocked by the price. When I took it home and tried it out, I was so upset and knew I made a mistake in buying such a large bottle because for the price, this was nothing amazing. It was runny, smelt bad, and did not exfoliate as much as I had hoped it would have.

Well I continued to use it because after all, I spent the money on it. And while it does work as a gentle exfoliator so I could not fault it for that; I just did not feel like it was doing enough.

Eventually I switched to LUSH's Let the Good Times Roll and my old favorite, Ocean Salt. When I run out of those, I venture pack to this bottle, but now I know for sure why I never liked it to begin with.

For some, this might work if what you are looking for is a gentle scrub. But me personally, I like to really feel my exfoliators just so I know for sure that they are actually doing something for my skin. This just didn't work for me. Additionally, it is SO liquidy... Personally i like my products less runny so I know there is more salt since that is what I am buying it for to begin with. I will not finish this bottle and certainly never repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub so much. The consistency is perfect, the grains are really tiny so they don't irritate your skin. The smell is nice. It cleans pretty deep without overdrying. It's such a great product and I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

LOVE this new cleanser!!! My acne prone skin has been very clear in the three weeks of using it. Worth the money!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This exfoliating wash is disappointing, you can find better exfoliating washes for half the price! It works all just like any other exfoliating wash, I don't have any major problems with it, but it is so pricy for what it is! I will not be purchasing this again.