July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub so much. The consistency is perfect, the grains are really tiny so they don't irritate your skin. The smell is nice. It cleans pretty deep without overdrying. It's such a great product and I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

LOVE this new cleanser!!! My acne prone skin has been very clear in the three weeks of using it. Worth the money!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This exfoliating wash is disappointing, you can find better exfoliating washes for half the price! It works all just like any other exfoliating wash, I don't have any major problems with it, but it is so pricy for what it is! I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I've had good and bad experiences with the Philosophy skincare range; their 'hope in a jar' face cream made me want to reach for the sick bucket it smelt soooo bad, whilst their 'purity made simple' cleanser was a much pleasanter product and one which I've since repurchased. Thankfully this product falls into the latter category and as with 'purity' I've since repurchased a full sized bottle after using a sample which I got free (with 'purity').

First off this is super easy to use - squirt a bit in the palm of your hand, rub it into your face concentrating on those bits that really need exfoliating (mine are my nose and chin), then wash off. It's coarse, but not too coarse and does leave my skin feeling much softer after use. And as the packaging states, it's gentle enough to use daily should you wish to.

The scent of this, as with other Philosophy products, isn't that great. To me it smells a bit plasticky but as it only lasts for as long as you're exfoliating your face, it's not a huge issue. Plus, as someone with sensitive skin, I was very pleased to see that it didn't break me out or leave me with sore skin.

This isn't cheap - a 240ml bottle will set you back 22.00GBP - but it does last quite a long time especially when you're only using it once or twice a week like I do, so in the long run it pays for itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff I use it every other day... My skin is so sensitive that I would rather do it every other instead of everyday,.. But it does it's job I've had a lot of people tell me my skin looks brighter.. I never realized how good exfoliating could be for your skin! This is an amazing product and I recommend to anyone.. I have oily sensitive acne prone skin... I gave it four lipsticks instead of 5 because this stuff stinks!! Lol and it's been torture since I have been pregnant I have to hold my nose because ill barf if I don't! Lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sonne82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this exfoliator for about 8 months and absolutely love it. It's gentle, non-irritating, not over-drying and it doesn't cause more break-outs. I use it every other day, sometimes daily and it really takes the dead skin cells off and my face looks fresh and squeaky clean. I found when I use a washcloth when washing off the exfoliator it doesn't leave a film on my skin and really takes everything off. As long as it works this well, I will continue buying this!!

UPDATE
Even though I still love this product I have to say that it is quite annoying that about half way through the bottle (I buy the large size) there are NO grits/grains in this cleanser - what comes out of the bottle is a plain cleanser (nothing in it to exfoliate with). I've returned it twice already to Sephora for this reason, I am surprised that nobody else has had this experience - it doesn't say on the bottle that you have to shake it before each use, so therefore you should expect the entire bottle should contain the same exfoliant. I find this very odd, but since I've read other reviews on natural exfoliators I am now using sugar to compensate for the missing grains, which works great! At least I don't have to return the 3rd bottle and still can use up what is left in it. For this reason I took off one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ChristinV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with Purity Cleanser by Philosophy....I feel the exfoliating wash alone is not enough to remove all my makeup but when used after cleansing it's a great combo. I ave oily/acne prone skin that is typically sensitive however I wanted to prevent aging...so I tried Philosophy. LOVE. I use the exfoliating wash once a day, it's a nice boost for my oily skin issues. My skin feels super clean after using both the cleanser and exfoliating wash. My only dislike is the packaging, there's no pump. Oh well. Over all I love it, I will repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

Best daily exfoliator! I use it every other day, but it is definitely gentle yet effective enough to use it daily. Leaves my skin nice and smooth, but not dry or feeling stretched. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I finally understand the love for this product. I bought a huge size of this 2 years ago and after trying it the first time i was kinda bummed i bought such a large size. But i'm such a fan of 'Purity' and the reviews for this one were so good i felt confident buying the 32 oz. I used it from time to time, still wasn't loving it, i especially did not love the scent. I do love physical exfoliators but i like them a little less sand-y feeling. But after a while of wearing a sunblock that was clogging me if i didn't wash it off immediately after getting home i started using the philowash. between the enzymes and the grains it did a great job of unclogging the sunblock and left my skin feeling sooooo smooth without feeling like a ripped all the skin off. I now love this cleanser and don't even smell it anymore. love. Oh, and i can start this on dry skin! which is great because i don't have to stand over the sink from face cleanse from start to finish, i give a pump, smooth over skin, use a regular cleaning motion, let it sit until the 30 seconds are up and then rinse off. Perfectly smooth skin without having to actually use a peel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this for a few months, and I liked how my skin felt afterwards, but I didn't feel like it exfoliated enough - I know it's not supposed to be like a real scrub, but I would rather just use a regular cleanser, and then the microdelivery 2 step peel a couple times a week, THAT kit does wonders to my skin!

Something I really hated about this cleanser is that the opening in the lid clogs up really fast and all the time. a pump may be better for this cleanser :)