November 27, 2014 | 1426 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every morning and again usually in the afternoon (I use neutrogena salicylic acne wash in the PM with my clairsonic). I have good results from this, I used to use the neutrogena acne wash with the clairsonic 2 times a day and I wanted to try this wash out for a change. I really love it, it has very tiny particles like sand in it. I make sure to really shake it before each use to distribute all the particles. I massage my face gently for about a minute, rinse, and moisturize and it has improved my skin over my previous routine. I have purchased this twice now and will continue to use it, it makes my skin feel clean but not medicated or overly cleansed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ayeshashhn

Worst ever. Irritates my skin. I have sensitive/acne prone skin. My skin never looks worst! And the price..so over rated.I rather add baking soda to my reguler face wash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by rubygirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing product! I have been a massive fan of MD formulations cleanser but this one has blown my mind. My skin is the best it's been. I do recommend other Philosophy products too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kellymromano

Love this scrub, very effective but gentle enough for every day use. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I tend to go for scrubs with finer granules and this one is perfect, with no irritation since I started using it a few weeks ago. I use it in the morning to buff my skin smooth before I apply my makeup and it works wonderfully. Pretty much no smell to the product either, which I really like.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I really hate that this product did not work for me... I had such high hopes for it when I bought it about six months ago.

I bought a 16 ounce bottle from Ulta for 39 USD and initially was shocked by the price. When I took it home and tried it out, I was so upset and knew I made a mistake in buying such a large bottle because for the price, this was nothing amazing. It was runny, smelt bad, and did not exfoliate as much as I had hoped it would have.

Well I continued to use it because after all, I spent the money on it. And while it does work as a gentle exfoliator so I could not fault it for that; I just did not feel like it was doing enough.

Eventually I switched to LUSH's Let the Good Times Roll and my old favorite, Ocean Salt. When I run out of those, I venture pack to this bottle, but now I know for sure why I never liked it to begin with.

For some, this might work if what you are looking for is a gentle scrub. But me personally, I like to really feel my exfoliators just so I know for sure that they are actually doing something for my skin. This just didn't work for me. Additionally, it is SO liquidy... Personally i like my products less runny so I know there is more salt since that is what I am buying it for to begin with. I will not finish this bottle and certainly never repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub so much. The consistency is perfect, the grains are really tiny so they don't irritate your skin. The smell is nice. It cleans pretty deep without overdrying. It's such a great product and I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

LOVE this new cleanser!!! My acne prone skin has been very clear in the three weeks of using it. Worth the money!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This exfoliating wash is disappointing, you can find better exfoliating washes for half the price! It works all just like any other exfoliating wash, I don't have any major problems with it, but it is so pricy for what it is! I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I've had good and bad experiences with the Philosophy skincare range; their 'hope in a jar' face cream made me want to reach for the sick bucket it smelt soooo bad, whilst their 'purity made simple' cleanser was a much pleasanter product and one which I've since repurchased. Thankfully this product falls into the latter category and as with 'purity' I've since repurchased a full sized bottle after using a sample which I got free (with 'purity').

First off this is super easy to use - squirt a bit in the palm of your hand, rub it into your face concentrating on those bits that really need exfoliating (mine are my nose and chin), then wash off. It's coarse, but not too coarse and does leave my skin feeling much softer after use. And as the packaging states, it's gentle enough to use daily should you wish to.

The scent of this, as with other Philosophy products, isn't that great. To me it smells a bit plasticky but as it only lasts for as long as you're exfoliating your face, it's not a huge issue. Plus, as someone with sensitive skin, I was very pleased to see that it didn't break me out or leave me with sore skin.

This isn't cheap - a 240ml bottle will set you back 22.00GBP - but it does last quite a long time especially when you're only using it once or twice a week like I do, so in the long run it pays for itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff I use it every other day... My skin is so sensitive that I would rather do it every other instead of everyday,.. But it does it's job I've had a lot of people tell me my skin looks brighter.. I never realized how good exfoliating could be for your skin! This is an amazing product and I recommend to anyone.. I have oily sensitive acne prone skin... I gave it four lipsticks instead of 5 because this stuff stinks!! Lol and it's been torture since I have been pregnant I have to hold my nose because ill barf if I don't! Lol.