April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am using this on my body not my face. I have dry skin (body only) with psoriasis and KP that is acne prone, this product helps keep my skin moisturized but does not cause breakouts. It's a simple product that works for me. I did not find it quite as good as Lush's Snowcake soap, but since that soap is only available seasonally I will stick to Dove for now, it's a close second, snowcake just left my skin a bit softer. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, if only I had listened to my grandma years ago...she tried to tell me to use just plain Dove on my face, but I was determined that if the cleanser didn't sting or tingle, then it wasn't working. I was so wrong.
Fast forward several years later to 'now' and I was looking for something that would remove makeup (including eye makeup) but wouldn't irritate my rosacea. This fits the bill perfectly. I use it at night, and in the A.M. I use my Merlot. My skin feels and looks so much better. I can't believe how much time and money I've wasted searching for something that works, when all along all I needed was Dove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. I was going to try the Erno Laszlo black soap, read the reviews here, then spent $15 (incl. shipping) on the AHAVA Sea Mud soap instead trying to save some bucks. When I read the reviews for AHAVA, it scared me into not using it.

So at a loss, I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars. I can't stand the smell of the original Dove, which reminds me of my elderly aunt who's used it for years, and while I loved the smell of the other bars, I was scared to use that much scent on my face. So I grabbed the unscented, which does have a smell, BTW, but not loud.

This stuff rocks! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It works better than the DHC soap I bought to go with the cleanser, and it cost 1/25 as much!

Even after spending $$$$ over the years on Cetaphil, Dr. Hauschka, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, DHC Pro Activ, prescriptions and whatever the hot cleanser of the moment was, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. And I was going to shell out $40 for Erno Laszlo before I tried this!

Count me sold. Even if it dries a little and melts fast, it's better than oily skin and plugged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by glitter_girl

I've used Dove's Unscented Beauty Bar as my facial cleanser for years. It washes away all traces of makeup (but be sure to use an eye makeup remover first for waterproof mascara/eyeliner) and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It's also readily available in many countries and very affordable. It's very travel-friendly as I never have to worry about it leaking, and a single bar lasts for ages. One thing I don't like is that no matter how careful I am to try and keep it dry, by the last quarter of the bar it has usually "melted" to the point where's the entire thing is soft and almost liquidy. It's still fine to use, I just scrape a bit off the top with my fingers, but I wish it would stay solid. Needless to say, this would melt away if left in the shower. I always come back to this when my skin is acting up, and I'll continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by wishclover

This is the best bar soap I've tried so far. I have sensitive skin that takes well to regular bar soaps I've tried. However, they would always leave my skin feeling tight and extra dry, and the smells would often be too strong for me. This beauty bar by Dove is unscented and smells like pure soap is supposed to smell, which I find very refreshing. This scent doesn't linger on your skin after use. The bar lathers extremely well and is very soft to use, which leaves me stepping out of the shower feeling as though I just moisturized. No dryness at all! The downside of the moisturizing potential in this soap is that you can't leave it under running water. I used to put my bar in the soap holder under the shower stream, but my bar wasted away every time someone took a shower. Now I put it away from the stream and it lasts a long time. I not only use this soap as a wash, but I use it to shave as well. The lather build up is perfect for a quick shave, and I no longer have to spend money on expensive shave cream that doesn't last long enough. I have never heard that this bar can be used for face as well. I will be trying the bar as a face wash, and hopefully I can get rid of my current wash that has been clogging my pores. Bottom line, this is a great soap for sensitive skin and it will rid your skin of dirt while moisturizing it perfectly every time. It's multi-use makes it a wonderful investment for such a cheap product. It's my perfect beauty bar!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap just didn't work out for me. I thought that it would, considering it seems to be targeted towards those with sensitive skin, but it just made me break out. The soap seemed to leave my face feeling kind of grimey and not clean, yet at the same time stripped of its natural oils. It appears that Dove products in general don't agree with my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin so I think that I'll avoid them in the future. I don't think that this soap is terrible, but I'm not pleased with the results I got from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PLASTICC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i always believed that a good soap/facial cleaner would do the trick in eliminating acne and making my skin perfect. So, ever since the 8th grade, i have been on the search for the perfect soap. i always thought dove was cheap because my mother uses it, and we all hate to be our others, anways, so i saw this on sale, and bought it and i was in love i have gone through 2 bars and its amazing. i would never use anything else :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently had my first ever eczema flare up on the tops of my hands. I was pretty certain my hand soap was causing the problem and asked my pharmacist for a recommendation. She said to use Unscented Dove soap bars and a really good moisturizer (I've been using Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream) and the combination has completely calmed my skin down. These do have a scent or odour and I'm not sure what the difference is between this one and the Sensitive Skin formula but it certainly seems to be working for me and I will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is way less scented than Ivory which I can't tolerate at all. I do not use it as it makes me itch but my husband does and loves it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lggordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though this soap smells great (I know that it's unscented but I like what it does smell like...is that strange?) and it's fun to use it's still soap and after a while it ends up drying out my skin because it's so alkaline and it can affect your skin (destroying the acid mantle).
So I won't use any soap anymore but if people like it, keep using it.