October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this on my body and occasionally on my face. After helping my friend move I found that I had a ton of sweat bumps on the back of my thighs after being in the Alabama heat all day long and sweating from it.My body never ever breaks out so this was new to me. I used this and within a couple of days it was completely cleared up! I love that this is unscented so I don't have to worry about it messing up the scent of my lotion or perfume. This is the only bar soap that hasn't left my skin dry and itchy. Plus now that its starting to get cooler outside thats definitely a plus. My great grandma used this and ivory soap on her face her entire life and even at 80 she had gorgeous soft skin so if its good for her its good for me :) This works well on my face too. It gets off all my makeup off and it doesn't dry out my skin or break it out. This is the only soap ill ever use :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only soap my 2 year old daughter uses. Before then, we were using Johnsons products, but for some reason, her skin was never smooth. The pediatrician recommended the Unscented Dove and told us that this is the gentlest for the skin. Scented soaps may cause irritation for some. Ever since my daughter's been using this, her skin improved... no more redness. So, I've been using it on my face and body since as well. I figured if it's good for babies, then it must be good for us adults too. I've been using this for months now, and it has made my skin more smoother. We always have Unscented Dove stocked up in our house. No complaints here!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ineffable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, but it has aided in destroying the only clear areas on my face, my cheeks. My left one is completely covered in deep bumps along with the left over scarring and the right one is starting to do the same! (Along with my chin, but that's probably hormonal.) I loved how soft it left my skin, but the breakout was horrible. Not big on bar cleansers either way, it's very unsanitary. Oh well! Onto the next cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Dove makes some great products. The Shampoo and Conditioners by Dove are excellent--as are the moisterizing creams. However, if you have dry sensitive skin, the soaps--aka "beauty bars" leave much to be desired. Lets go back many years ago. The only two soaps for bathing that my mother only used in the house were Ivory and Dove White. When we were kids these two soaps were all she used. Actually the kids and my dad ended up with Ivory and my mom used the Dove. She would rave how the doctor told her the only soap to use on your face was Dove..blah. blah. blah.
When I was younger and actually DID start using Dove White on my body and face, it dried me out. I remember my face feeling incredibly dry and taut. I ended up using facial cleansers rather than soap.

Recently, while cleaning out the cabinets in the bathroom, I came across an unused Dove White "Beauty Bar"--so naturally the flashbacks of yore returned and I figured I would give old Dove another try. Years later and my face felt tighter than ever--now at MY age you would think that would be a good thing--LOL--but it wasn't. The face felt dry as ever. I just do not see what the hype about these Dove "Beauty Bars" is. These days I use Albelone to cleanse my face--I cannot remember the last time I used soap on my face and trying out the Dove again made me realize just WHY I will never use soap on my face.

I guess it comes down to personal preference--but with dry, aging, sensitive skin, I cannot understand why women would use this on their faces.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am using this on my body not my face. I have dry skin (body only) with psoriasis and KP that is acne prone, this product helps keep my skin moisturized but does not cause breakouts. It's a simple product that works for me. I did not find it quite as good as Lush's Snowcake soap, but since that soap is only available seasonally I will stick to Dove for now, it's a close second, snowcake just left my skin a bit softer. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, if only I had listened to my grandma years ago...she tried to tell me to use just plain Dove on my face, but I was determined that if the cleanser didn't sting or tingle, then it wasn't working. I was so wrong.
Fast forward several years later to 'now' and I was looking for something that would remove makeup (including eye makeup) but wouldn't irritate my rosacea. This fits the bill perfectly. I use it at night, and in the A.M. I use my Merlot. My skin feels and looks so much better. I can't believe how much time and money I've wasted searching for something that works, when all along all I needed was Dove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. I was going to try the Erno Laszlo black soap, read the reviews here, then spent $15 (incl. shipping) on the AHAVA Sea Mud soap instead trying to save some bucks. When I read the reviews for AHAVA, it scared me into not using it.

So at a loss, I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars. I can't stand the smell of the original Dove, which reminds me of my elderly aunt who's used it for years, and while I loved the smell of the other bars, I was scared to use that much scent on my face. So I grabbed the unscented, which does have a smell, BTW, but not loud.

This stuff rocks! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It works better than the DHC soap I bought to go with the cleanser, and it cost 1/25 as much!

Even after spending $$$$ over the years on Cetaphil, Dr. Hauschka, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, DHC Pro Activ, prescriptions and whatever the hot cleanser of the moment was, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. And I was going to shell out $40 for Erno Laszlo before I tried this!

Count me sold. Even if it dries a little and melts fast, it's better than oily skin and plugged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by glitter_girl

I've used Dove's Unscented Beauty Bar as my facial cleanser for years. It washes away all traces of makeup (but be sure to use an eye makeup remover first for waterproof mascara/eyeliner) and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It's also readily available in many countries and very affordable. It's very travel-friendly as I never have to worry about it leaking, and a single bar lasts for ages. One thing I don't like is that no matter how careful I am to try and keep it dry, by the last quarter of the bar it has usually "melted" to the point where's the entire thing is soft and almost liquidy. It's still fine to use, I just scrape a bit off the top with my fingers, but I wish it would stay solid. Needless to say, this would melt away if left in the shower. I always come back to this when my skin is acting up, and I'll continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by wishclover

This is the best bar soap I've tried so far. I have sensitive skin that takes well to regular bar soaps I've tried. However, they would always leave my skin feeling tight and extra dry, and the smells would often be too strong for me. This beauty bar by Dove is unscented and smells like pure soap is supposed to smell, which I find very refreshing. This scent doesn't linger on your skin after use. The bar lathers extremely well and is very soft to use, which leaves me stepping out of the shower feeling as though I just moisturized. No dryness at all! The downside of the moisturizing potential in this soap is that you can't leave it under running water. I used to put my bar in the soap holder under the shower stream, but my bar wasted away every time someone took a shower. Now I put it away from the stream and it lasts a long time. I not only use this soap as a wash, but I use it to shave as well. The lather build up is perfect for a quick shave, and I no longer have to spend money on expensive shave cream that doesn't last long enough. I have never heard that this bar can be used for face as well. I will be trying the bar as a face wash, and hopefully I can get rid of my current wash that has been clogging my pores. Bottom line, this is a great soap for sensitive skin and it will rid your skin of dirt while moisturizing it perfectly every time. It's multi-use makes it a wonderful investment for such a cheap product. It's my perfect beauty bar!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap just didn't work out for me. I thought that it would, considering it seems to be targeted towards those with sensitive skin, but it just made me break out. The soap seemed to leave my face feeling kind of grimey and not clean, yet at the same time stripped of its natural oils. It appears that Dove products in general don't agree with my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin so I think that I'll avoid them in the future. I don't think that this soap is terrible, but I'm not pleased with the results I got from it.