The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Citrus Paradisi Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao Butter, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Yellow 6, Red 33.

on 1/23/2012 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I would NEVER touch this product again. Why? Because when I used it on the first day, and happened to be near someone, they would always get this twisted look on their faces. My boyfriend thinks it smells like sour body odour (I shower everyday, ty. And I don't normally sweat.), and my coworkers think I smoke weed (I don't.). When I'm in the bus, I would get eyes on me. Not the filrty kind. More like the did-she-get-too-close-to-a-skunk look. I try to use it around the house when I'm alone just to finish the product, so the smell doesn't get out. Not only that, the consistency is even almost too watery. I find it more runny than the Mango Body Butter they have.

I decided to buy this product because I thought it smelled like real grapefruit, and thought it was amazing. The consistency didn't bother me much, I thought I could live with it. So I went ahead and bought it. Tried it on the next day and its true colours unfolded. Never again.

on 9/15/2011 12:50:00 PM

I love most body butters from the Body Shop, for the formula this one is no exception - moisturizes really well. However the scent on this one is 'off' to me. It's not a bad scent but it doesn't smell at all like pink grapefruit to me. I wouldn't repurchase because there are so many other awesome scented body butters available!

on 9/6/2011 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only brought this the other day and have already used a fair bit. I absolutely adore this scent! It's sweet, zesty and very refreshing on the skin. Formula is pretty typical to their other body butters, but this one is slightly less thick. It only becomes greasy if you apply too much. The only reason why I won't repurchase is because I want to try out other scents.

on 7/20/2011 8:19:00 PM

I loveeeeee the smell of this body butter!!! i got this one as a gift so im not sure how much it cost. I think its quite nurishing. I only use it at night because it leaves your skin quite greasy. Overall i enjoy this product and would buy it again!

on 7/20/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the smell of this one, Its a pick me up in the morning.
But as a lotion, it really does not soften, or sothe skin.
it rarely ever do reach for it anymore. I Do like the pink grapefruit lip butter though!!

on 7/20/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked the smell of this product but it did get a bit overwhelming over time. It moisturizes very well and keeps my knees and elbows moisturized all day. What I don't like is that it melts and becomes too liquidy if you keep it on a window sill. I wouldn't buy it again because I like the coconut and strawberry body butters better :)

on 6/20/2011 1:13:00 PM

i bought the soap of this scent first and loved it so am looking forward to this butter because i used it years ago and am giving it ago again. i remember loving it though. will post more info when used. :)))

ITA with AvaRoses below, this scent is wonderful to layer with your perfume. I love to bring out citrusy notes and I also use BBW's White Citrus lotion the same way. Pink Grapefruit is robust and stands out and smells very true to life. I love to layer it with Versace Bright Crystal.

on 7/4/2010 6:38:00 AM

I looooved the smell. Notice I said 'loved' because after using it for a while, I got so sick of it and it's quite overpowering too. Anyone about 2 metres away from me could smell it, it was that strong.

Nevertheless it moisturises really well.

on 6/4/2010 10:56:00 PM

I bought this on sale for $10 today and it is just divine. It smells really really good, and although Ive only used it the once, my skin feels so hydrated and nice! I used the coconut body butter before and didnt like how it felt too thick and greasy on my skin, and the smell was almost sickening.. (I like the coconut hand cream and soap however) This product is just perfect!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products