September 2, 2014 | 1355 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to have the worst hair ever. It has multiple textures in it naturally (coarse curly sections and soft straight sections), but a few years ago when I didn't really do anything with my appearance it was straight out wild, tangled mess of way too long hair. When I started taking better care of myself, I began straightening my hair every other day and my stepmom gave me this to protect it. And let me tell you, it does improve your hair over time. My hair is stronger, more manageable, and most of it is very sleek and shiny (I still have coarse sections though, but you cant really do anything about that). Most people think that my hair is naturally straight, because when you use this with styling tools it really makes your hair perfect but natural in appearance. I will continue to buy this product every time it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by marshmallowcat

I LOVE this product i cannot live without it, it transforms my bleached straw hair into silk! I blow dry my hair with it everyday and it just smells divine quite citrusy. My hair is naturally straight but as it is bleached when i dry my hair it can look quite fluffy and frizzy but when i use this i do not need to use the straightening irons on my hair. I feel my hair is alot stronger when i am using it and i have a lot less breakage. I would describe it as a leave in treatment with added bonus of heat protection against the hair dryer and irons. It is also really nice mixed with any of the elixir ultimes. The only negative about this product is the packaging as when i get to the end i need to cut the tube open to get the rest out and there's a few days worth left in there. I have short hair and use about a 20p size amount everyday and it lasts me around 12-13 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FracasAUS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this for two weeks now, it works well but I also mix up a pump of the kerastase elixir ultime with it and that smooths my hair down. I recently had my hair foiled with bleach blonde and noticed a lot of breakages afterwards, I'm hoping the ciment thermique will help maintain my hair this time. I don't like heat activated sprays and this cream works well, after washing my hair I apply to damp hair and dry it off then use my GHD iron to straighten. It is lightweight and doesn't make my hair greasy at all. All kerastase products deliver what they promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is wonderful! I love how it transforms my hair into silk during a blow dry. If I could buy this all the time I really would. I got this at a beauty supply store at the Beverly Center after seeing it behind the counter. I remember reading somewhere that it was the one of the best blow out crèmes. It really is a super moisturizing crème that leaves absolutely no residue or greasy feeling after the hair has been dried. It makes my hair feel like it was before I dyed it. I totally feel the difference in the strands. I highly recommend for those that are looking for a rich blowdry crème/ serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my hair care routine. I have repurchased it probably 20 times and now own a large 1 liter bottle of this. I alternate this and K-pak from Joico to keep my terribly damaged breached hair look awsome. I apply this right after I shampoo and remove excess moisture from hair using microfibre towel. I then apply this, comb through my hair and leave it on while I'm still in the hot shower for 5-10 minutes (just as long as it takes me to finish all the shaving). I then wash it off and apply conditioner sometimes since it is really optional after this treatment. My hair look heathy and smooth and the damage is now almost unnoticeble. Miacle product really.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

I discovered the amazing effect of root crimping and went in search of a heat protector that would stop my baby fine hair being frazzled. My daughter recommended this as she has bleached, heat damaged hair and it completely changed the condition of her hair when nothing else did (we tried several other expensive brands). I have dark, fine, oily hair that needs washing everyday and is rather thin and flat. I have learnt how to use this product for my hair: I wash (still everyday) and do not condition. I put a penny/dime sized amount through my short bob being careful to distribute it evenly roots through to ends. Then I blow dry. No styling products needed! My hair is shiny, thicker, glossy, and well, rather gorgeous :-). I don't even need to use my Babyliss root boost crimpers any more as this product seems to gives my hair enough body. I have both Ciment and Nectar and love them both although Ciment is better for my hair type. If this product makes your hair greasy consider ditching the conditioner and other styling products as together they may weigh your hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by theblushbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this, looovvvee it. I've tried both nectar thermique and chroma thermique, and they're both good, but they don't perform miracles like this one! IMO, none of the Kerastase heat protectants are actually very moisturizing, so if you have dry hair a good leave in is necessary too (my favorite is Pureology Split End Treatment). But on to this product, it makes my hair just so silky, soft, and shiny. And I adore the smell, it reminds me of something from my childhood, I can't place what it is, but it's nostalgic and I love it. Of course I use it when I heat style, but I also use it to airdry, and my waves come out beautiful and defined. One thing, don't use a lot. The little pamphlet that comes with it gives you the impression that you should use a lot, but a dime sized amount is all you need, otherwise your hair might feel a little coated. But all in all, this product is a dream come true. This is one of my hair products that I don't go anywhere without.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently made the huge transition from being bright blonde to dark auburn and have completely changed my hair care to best preserve my color and this is one if the products I've added. I have to say despite its horrific price tag I quite like this leave in. I have extremely fine hair and this doesn't weigh it down or give me the greasies. It makes my hair uber soft and offers a good amount of protection from heat styling. Before blow drying I put about a dime sized amount through my ends and I'm left with shiny, soft, manageable hair. If you have fine hair I recommend this because it is really light weight, but I'd never put it on my roots. The only real con I have is the packaging. Its a pain in the butt to have to unscrew the lid...a flip cap would be more functional. This tube will probably last me over a year which makes it worth it in the long run, but I would repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this product did not work for my hair. :( I have very thick, wavy, course, dry hair that is prone to breakage at the ends. Maybe my hair was just too much of a challenge! It didn't hide my split ends, in fact, it seemed to make them more noticeable. My hair felt bushier and dryer than it already is. It didn't seem to damage my hair any further like some reviewers have claimed but it didn't do anything positive for my hair either. I guess just take this review with a grain of salt and realize that this product may or may not work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased at the recommendation of my stylist and I am really glad I did. I personally like the grapefruit scent and it really worked to protect my hair from the heat. My only gripe is the price, but since you only need a small amount I would say it's worth the expense. You get what you pay for.