December 22, 2014 | 1611 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have at times been an eyeliner junkie. This is my favorite eyeliner ever. I use it on my lash line and it lasts all day, doesn't fade or shift. Granted, I avoid touching my eyes, and put some kind of base on my eyelids, usually foundation/bb cream because I'm lazy most days. I've cried with it on (many times, since i've had a kept pencil of this on hand for a for a few years) and it always lasts, where as my mascara gets the alice cooper effect. I don't use liner my waterline, I think it's unreasonable to expected a liner to last through that kind of wear. But on my lashline, I have to use a good make up remover to get the liner off. It has great pigmentation. It can smudge on very oily skin, or right after it's applied, but even smudge it stays better than almost anything. UD 24/7 is the only comparable liner I know of for color and staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as pencil eyeliners from Sephora go, this is priced on the cheaper end for sure. From all the pencil liners there this is the most longest lasting. Not as long lasting as say bobbi browns gel eyeliner but for a pencil this is fantastic. The only thing I dont like about it is it requires a lot of sharpening so it doesnt last quite so long but since the price is lower Im happy to repurchase. The consistency is not overly creamy but dry enough to get a good tight line and still smooth enough for an effortless thick cat eye. I highly recommend this one, lasts forever on your eyes with very minimal migration but invest in a good sharpener.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner after a Sephora employee raved about this. Make no mistake..I love the MUFE HD foundation, but this eyeliner is TERRIBLE! I found that the drugstore Revlon Colorstay eyeliners lasted longer than this expensive piece of junk, and so much cheaper. After an hour of wearing this eyeliner with primer (Urban Decay's primer potion), it had smudged everywhere. UGH. I do not recommend this for anyone with oily eyelids or going anywhere near water. Definately not longlasting nor waterproof as it claims. I can't even say that it has a rich black color. It takes it awhile it to build and you have to sharpen it very often. So I say gals, don't even bother with this eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

After hearing the hype about this eyeliner, reading positive reviews and that it's a makeup artist favorite, I thought I may have been doing something wrong to be so displeased with it...

I love jet-black eyeliner to make my eyes pop. (My eyes are super dark brown, and soft black/gray doesn't quite do the job. Tbh, I don't see how it would work well on most eye colors. ) With this eyeliner, I have to apply over and over on my waterline (which is what I bought it for) to achieve the look I want. I end up just using my old Lancome eyeliner that would wear off on top of whatever color this product gives. At least my Lancome pencil will initially go on smoothly and black, even if it doesn't last as beautifully as I'd like. On a positive note, I had no sensitivity to the product, but it's still something I do NOT recommend and I plan on returning it to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have any problems with this smudging or smearing. For such a soft pencil it stays put so well. I expected something this creamy to want to migrate everywhere and transfer to my upper lid. Usually I like a liquid liner or a harder, kohl style pencil when I wear black eyeliner just because I don't want to risk the inevitable transfer. But this works great and feels comfortable to use, which is has to be since it takes a couple passes to get a perfectly pigmented line. One swipe tends to skip a little and leave some areas darker than others. I go over the line about three times to get an even line and thankfully it doesn't pull or tug at all. It's very rich and deep without any of the dullness I've seen in some matte black liners. I've used it on my waterline as well as the upper and lower lashlines and it consistently stays put. But my eyes are on the dry side (from allergies) and don't water that much so that could be a factor. Also, I have normal skin and haven't had issues with oily eyelids. I use my Shu Uemura makeup remover and it comes off easily but it's a pain to remove otherwise. I'd buy this again when I use it up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON USING ON LOWER WATERLINE!

i assumed this would be good for the waterline since its waterproof... no. it didnt even last over an hour. it didnt COMPLETELY disappear but most of it was gone. its not creamy. maybe itd be good on lashlines. i got the mini version for my 100 point perk at sephora. if you need a good waterline pencil get mac techankohl.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by honeydoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pencil liner I have used, primarily because it is the only one that lasts well on my waterline/lower lash line. While I do think some others, such as Urban Decay 24/7 apply a little more smoothly, I have found the 24/7 does to last below my eye, whereas the Make Up Forever liner does so beautifully. I definitely plan to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by catherine112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not waterproof! Had raccoon eyes within 30 mins. Whether it was on my waterline or not, it still did not have any staying power at all. I wear contacts and have watery eyes at times. I tried setting it with powder and used lid primer (UDPP), yet it still did not have any lasting ability. The eye liner at the bottom outer corner of my eye where I usually have tears, had completely disappeared! Will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by oak415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, a pencil liner that doesn't smudge on my Asian eyes. I've tried so many brands that claim to be longwearing and they all start smudging on my upper lids (due to the fold) within minutes. I've now had the Aqua Eyes 0L on my lids for over 10 hours now and other than a little bit of fading, it has stayed on like a champ. No smudging, no raccoon eyes. I did notice when I was trying on the eyeliner on my hand at Sephora that it needed a few seconds to set - if I rubbed the line right after I put it on, it would smear, but if I left it alone for a few seconds, no amount of rubbing could do any damage. So when I put the liner on, I closed my eyes for few second to let it set and it worked. Worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ochaxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still searching for my HG eyeliner. This one just didn't do anything for me other then making me look like imhave raccoon eyes. I thought it's suppose to be waterproof but it isn't. It easily smudged and smeared. I did set it with a black eyeshadow and have applied an eye primer but it still smudges. I applied it on my bottom waterline, tight line my upper eye, and lining my top lash line but it still smudges. Milani eyeliner doesn't smudge as much as mufe aqua eyeliner. Plus it's not as black and opaque like the Milani one. Will not repurchase.